PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kain125 View Post
Are they going to work on power management because its battery life with android is rather poor

Nope. They are all done.

Or you can read and clearly see the known issues before asking another silly question. The first few posts are the best.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspitman View Post
So how do I check the partition table on my SD card?
There's lots of free utilities to do it, just google to find them. In fact, there are links to several partition utilities posted in this thread alone.

Or, if you want to just nuke the sucker, makkonen posted a handy guide here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=525

In the interest of keeping the thread as clutter-free as possible, that's as far as I can help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kain125 View Post
Ok Are they going to work on power management because its battery life with android is rather poor
They're working on it now. No ETA, though. Obviously...
Old 03-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytethegroove View Post
I believe if this thread was more organized, development should be smoother and faster for everyone....
IE...devs dont have to search for a hour or more through useless posts to find the useful ones, therefore their time (which is free for the most part) isn't waisted, therefore in return we get better, faster updates (ideally)...
I agree that people should do all the searching and reading the first few posts before asking questions, but I doubt the devs are using this thread for anything of importance. Basic error reporting after new versions would be about it for them.

I hope they have less public areas for them to do their stuff (IRC's, XDA, etc.). If they are using this thread for actual development, god help us all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

clifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
I agree that people should do all the searching and reading the first few posts before asking questions, but I doubt the devs are using this thread for anything of importance. Basic error reporting after new versions would be about it for them.

I hope they have less public areas for them to do their stuff (IRC's, XDA, etc.). If they are using this thread for actual development, god help us all.
Too bad the forum would not let you post until you have at least visited the first page of the thread. That would reduce some of the repeated posts.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work

so if my wireless at my store was running well i would be set. -.-

Current Rom: MR.X 2.5 21903 + CHT 1.8.5
Old 03-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: downloads and software
Carrier: sprint

504boynola is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Hate to break it to you but GPS isn't buggy, it flat out doesn't work! The location you are seeing is from Cell Towers not GPS.
im having major issues with trying to switch over to the android can you help
Old 03-11-2010, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504boynola View Post
huh?...
Old 03-11-2010, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504boynola View Post
Sure, try pushing the buttons in this order.....Power, volume up, volume down, soft reset, then a street fighter combo of right, right, left, left, up.....Oh wait, the TP2 doesn't have a dpad.........

Seriously, do you think someone can really help you if you do not post anything you have even done or what your issue even is!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Alright, so I haven't followed the Android on TP2 scene at all, but Im getting curious. Can someone give me a quick rundown? What works? What doesn't? How hard it is to setup? Do I just download and unzip that 1 file? Any help is much appreciated, Ill be reading up now
Old 03-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313
Alright, so I haven't followed the Android on TP2 scene at all, but Im getting curious. Can someone give me a quick rundown? What works? What doesn't? How hard it is to setup? Do I just download and unzip that 1 file? Any help is much appreciated, Ill be reading up now
lol

*flaming goes here*

lol

Last edited by rushco; 03-11-2010 at 08:26 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2