PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 01:51 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Does anyone happen to know how the development of the GSM port went? What features did they get functioning in what order? How long between the initial ability to get some function before it became fully functional? Maybe that will give us an idea of what our own timeline might be.

I use gmail, google calender and google contacts as my exchange. Extremely easy setup (Especially in android since it detects it automatically), my contacts, calender and email uploads automatically with initial setup. If you guys (and especially the ones that want to use android full time) wanna get contacts and stuff setup try having using google for at least contacts but Id suggest calender as well. Im sure theres a way to export your contact list from whatever exchange you use to google relatively easily.
The GSM development of the Rhodium is over at XDA Developers, I follow it as much as I follow this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627997
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work

mackie could you post the files u where talking about in the screen shots post that you said where much faster
Old 03-11-2010, 02:08 PM
V.I.P

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentz313 View Post
mackie could you post the files u where talking about in the screen shots post that you said where much faster
Can't right now, got a doc appt in about 2 1/2 hours and then I am heading home for the day and watching some hoops. I will try to see if I can get it done tonight. Not sure what kind of screenshots you want though?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work

lol my bad no you where talking about a new faster kernel in the screen shots thread.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:13 PM
V.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentz313 View Post
lol my bad no you where talking about a new faster kernel in the screen shots thread.
Oh that wasnt a proven deal just seemed faster to me. I dunno, to each their own. I am actually done playing with kernels and modules until Pippy releases his next set of goodies.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hehe I just took a look at the GSM thread and they have this posted.. I think we should also include it on our own first page:

Notes: Read this before you start!

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU TO COME HERE AND TELL US WHICH OF YOUR FEATURES IS THE MOST WANTED. WE ALL WANT THIS OS COMPLETELY WORKING, WE ALL WANT SOUND, WE ALL WANT BT, WE DONT NEED TO HEAR YOU SAY THAT ANDROID IS USELESS WITHOUT CERTAIN FEATURES. BE PATIENT LIKE THE REST OF US.

If you think you need to post a question in this thread: READ THE ENTIRE THREAD AND USE SEARCH FIRST. Most questions have already been answered in this thread. I don't mind answering GOOD questions, but I really hate people asking the same questions over and over, ESPECIALLY when the answer is only a few pages before your post. DONT BE LAZY, THIS FORUM IS FOR DEVELOPMENT, NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

If you mis-calibrate your device: Boot back into WinMo, delete ts-calibration file from your SD card, and re-run Haret!

For better performance and battery life use task killer to end all apps after Android boots, there will be a LOT of them running about 50mb of RAM worth. Some apps also keep your handset from entering sleep mode. I also go to settings > location and turn off the GPS, as its not working right now anyways.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:18 PM
V.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama View Post
hehe I just took a look at the GSM thread and they have this posted.. I think we should also include it on our own first page:

Notes: Read this before you start!

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU TO COME HERE AND TELL US WHICH OF YOUR FEATURES IS THE MOST WANTED. WE ALL WANT THIS OS COMPLETELY WORKING, WE ALL WANT SOUND, WE ALL WANT BT, WE DONT NEED TO HEAR YOU SAY THAT ANDROID IS USELESS WITHOUT CERTAIN FEATURES. BE PATIENT LIKE THE REST OF US.

If you think you need to post a question in this thread: READ THE ENTIRE THREAD AND USE SEARCH FIRST. Most questions have already been answered in this thread. I don't mind answering GOOD questions, but I really hate people asking the same questions over and over, ESPECIALLY when the answer is only a few pages before your post. DONT BE LAZY, THIS FORUM IS FOR DEVELOPMENT, NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

If you mis-calibrate your device: Boot back into WinMo, delete ts-calibration file from your SD card, and re-run Haret!

For better performance and battery life use task killer to end all apps after Android boots, there will be a LOT of them running about 50mb of RAM worth. Some apps also keep your handset from entering sleep mode. I also go to settings > location and turn off the GPS, as its not working right now anyways.
Yeah I saw that. Pretty funny.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

locomariachi is just getting started

Idk if anyone saw on engadget.com they have the info on Android running on the TP2's just saw it, pretty cool that its getting mainstreamed.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I put together all the files this morning on my SD card, putting it all into a folder. Followed directions word-for-word and it doesn't work.

Well, it boots, loads completely. Runs for 10-15 seconds. It dials to enable data, freezes, and restarts the phone. I didn't find much searching this thread, so any ideas?
The instructions are to put ALL the files directly into the root of the sdcard NOT in a folder. Should work fine from the root, some problems from folders (Android, andboot). Also, even with correct file placement it may reset initially a few times before it takes. Has happened to alot of us.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
The GSM development of the Rhodium is over at XDA Developers, I follow it as much as I follow this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627997
Thanks. I was under the impression that Android was fully working on GSM. Guess I was mistaken. Maybe when I was reading posts early on, by "fully" people meant that it functions.

On another note:
Can someone let me know whats stopping bluetooth and sounds from working? I remember someone saying something about power management not allowing sound to work but I dont understand how that can be. Looking at haret load there are some bluetooth items that appear to load correctly. Is it that bluetooth works but no sound like maybe you send files by bluetooth but cant stream music?
Id really like to help get stuff working but first I need to understand why its not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2