PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunairryk View Post
Can some one who have no issues with screen post their ts-calibration file please, i keep messing it up its really fraustrating. I think there's a glitch, bc the screen gets really responsive (in a bad way) that if you try to hold a widget or shortcut to delete it, it will just open that app/widget. I tried many times to calibrate the screen again, and every time i do it, it works fine for a lil bit, but then after like 10 mins,it gets super responsive by itself. Have no idea why
Hence why the first post says touch screen issues... its not a calibration thing. This is extremely alpha/beta build style.. not really meant to be fully working yet.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
I am sorry, I don't have an answer for something that doesn't seem to be happening to everyone. There are some that say it goes into a reboot loop, but I don't know if they determined the true answer other than possible corruption on their storage card. Most fixed by formatting their card and copying the files over fresh. Might give that a whirl.

Not quite sure, guessing due to the current state of the android build doesn't see the GSensor properly and goes to a default Landscape view. To fix it has been stated to just press your Windows key and you should be good.
Thanks for the responses. You've been thanked

Got one more question: When replacing the zImage file and modules whenever a new build comes out from here, do I need to delete my data.img file and start over from scratch? I don't care either way as I don't mind setting everything up again, I just want to make sure that an old data.img file won't have problems with a newer kernel
Old 03-10-2010, 05:21 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff6789 View Post
Thanks for the responses. You've been thanked

Got one more question: When replacing the zImage file and modules whenever a new build comes out from here, do I need to delete my data.img file and start over from scratch? I don't care either way as I don't mind setting everything up again, I just want to make sure that an old data.img file won't have problems with a newer kernel
when all I am doing is adding modules and zImage, I just replace those two things on the SD card and keep on going. If I run into problems, I wipe it all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:26 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by loader187 View Post
Cicatrize - any idea what the new kernal does yet?
New kernel is nothing new for us.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

I am not exactly sure how to read the webpage http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/. I see comments below and it looks like 4 or 5 different builds. What exactly am i looking at?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:30 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
I had the info in the FAQ but forgot that MrPippy wasn't pointing them at a new initrd.gz, so they were using the one from the android build. So I updated the faq to represent that heh.

And on the updating a zip on every kernel, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I agree I have been watching the threads closely and will only update if it is something that is giving us gains...reason being for the last one, seemed a little snappier.......it is real simple to try em out though...
Old 03-10-2010, 05:31 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
I am not exactly sure how to read the webpage http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/. I see comments below and it looks like 4 or 5 different builds. What exactly am i looking at?
any of them you want to try....
Old 03-10-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JustusIV is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
any of them you want to try....
So the comments on the right side aren't specific builds they are just comments on what they were working on within the kernel maybe?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
So the comments on the right side aren't specific builds they are just comments on what they were working on within the kernel maybe?
correct sir!

(well the comments are specific to that build, & are generally organized by device)

Old 03-10-2010, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JustusIV is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
correct sir!
Nice, i kinda feel like an idiot but makes a lot more sense now.

*EDIT*
Side note here
I was trying to show someone last night when my battery was super low like 10%ish
and it would never go off the splash screen,
After a charge it worked fine. And was worked every time except then, and i attempted a few times.
Anyone else experience that?

Last edited by JustusIV; 03-10-2010 at 05:48 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2