PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

x10guy 03-23-2010 02:29 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1653358)
C, my only point is that you at least talk to him also. He did start the thread and it should only be closed as he wishes. That is all i am saying. It really does not matter to me, I just think it is the right thing to do first.

That is a good point. But I think an equally important point is that without certain people on this thread (active but non-OPs) this thread would probably die by itself. And with the start of the new thread, that could conceivably happen.

(again, no offense towards Mr. Pippy, but a thread with involved OPs might be the better solution. And I also doubt he really reads this thread anyways.)

cflynt 03-23-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 1653382)
That is a good point. But I think an equally important point is that without certain people on this thread (active but non-OPs) this thread would probably die by itself. And with the start of the new thread, that could conceivably happen.

(again, no offense towards Mr. Pippy, but a thread with involved OPs might be the better solution. And I also doubt he really reads this thread anyways.)

He doesn't, he has told me that heh. But I do agree with Flyer, MrPippy should be asked if he cares if we swap the threads.

blazin-asian 03-23-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milesnapue (Post 1652349)
I read through the dev forums because I had the same process FC on me a bunch, com.google.process.gapps. Delete everything off of your storage card and reload with newest package from glemsom, newest rootfs from 3rd post and everything else from first post and you should be fine. I realize that deleting your data.img will wipe all of your files and apps and such but your OS will work.

Just an FYI I did what I wrote above withOUT trying to tether whatsoever. I mean I pay for cable internet, can tether in WinMo.. Don't really need it at the moment.

Hit thanks if it helps :)

thanks! i missed a step or two and had to go back and redo it, but it seems to working pretty well now.

cflynt 03-23-2010 03:27 PM

Talked with MrPippy, and he definitely has no issues or concerns. I believe he even plans on making a final post to approve! :) Thanks for the concern Flyers I 100% agree with ya bud.

flyers2114 03-23-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflynt (Post 1653547)
Talked with MrPippy, and he definitely has no issues or concerns. I believe he even plans on making a final post to approve! :) Thanks for the concern Flyers I 100% agree with ya bud.

Right on bro. Thx!

MrPippy 03-23-2010 04:21 PM

Hey everyone, sorry I've absent from this thread. I've been busy for the last few weeks, and the time I have I would rather spend on actual development.

I'd be glad to see cflynt take over the thread, his FAQ looks good and he follows the development pretty closely.

Also, a huge thank you to everyone who has donated, it means a lot and hopefully when I have more time on my hands I can work on more features.

RSD 03-23-2010 04:35 PM

Netapp has openings MrPippy but it is in Sunnyvale, north of San Diego.

..Ramesh

MarcSummerhays 03-23-2010 04:43 PM

I got it to boot sms and calls work but no wifi it says unable to scan also no wap I am using cricket and have set up everything correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

JCerna 03-23-2010 05:58 PM

Has anyone here got google voice to work? I got to to install and run and I can SMS and all but when im making a call it says calling using google voice and then it just hangs up. Any ideas really the only reason to use Android for me is Google Voice. Great job guys!

surge 03-23-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCerna (Post 1654034)
Has anyone here got google voice to work? I got to to install and run and I can SMS and all but when im making a call it says calling using google voice and then it just hangs up. Any ideas really the only reason to use Android for me is Google Voice. Great job guys!

works great for me..
check the following Google Voice specific thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113860