PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

cornelious2 03-19-2010 12:41 AM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

for many builds back ive had power by being plugged in, hell ive even removed the battery while plugged in and it kept going on battery power.

proxhack 03-19-2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornelious2 (Post 1640494)
for many builds back ive had power by being plugged in, hell ive even removed the battery while plugged in and it kept going on battery power.

Battery charging here too!
Using X rom and the latest Zimage from Mathewb57(Mackie)

cflynt 03-19-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proxhack (Post 1640572)
Battery charging here too!
Using X rom and the latest Zimage from Mathewb57(Mackie)

Thanks for your info, maybe can get some comparisons. You might look in your settings in X rom and see what your power management settings are etc, just to try and compare.

rushco 03-19-2010 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflynt (Post 1640597)
Thanks for your info, maybe can get some comparisons. You might look in your settings in X rom and see what your power management settings are etc, just to try and compare.

Check to see what chargers people are using. That might be it.

cflynt 03-19-2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushco (Post 1640630)
Check to see what chargers people are using. That might be it.

Originally I wondered if that might be a concern. But I have heard it works for them whether they are tethered via usb or brick. So not sure. I am for grins gonna leave mine on brick only tonight to see.

00_MACKIE_00 03-19-2010 01:50 AM

stock charger here.

RE90 03-19-2010 01:57 AM

does anyone else have issues with texting? sometimes my texts just wont send and i have to reset the phone. i've got verizon, xandroid version that is on the first post

00_MACKIE_00 03-19-2010 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE90 (Post 1640698)
does anyone else have issues with texting? sometimes my texts just wont send and i have to reset the phone. i've got verizon, xandroid version that is on the first post

until your on the newest version, its kinda pointless for anyone to assist.

RE90 03-19-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1640704)

i'm just assuming anything that wasn't mentioned to have been changed/updated, is still the same. guess i'm wrong?

i'm downloading the version in your post from a few pages ago now (which i'm not sure how people are expected to find?...that's what I hate about forums)...either way i had never seen this discussed before so i thought i'd mention it

cflynt 03-19-2010 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1640704)

Not trying to start anything by any means, but do realize the first post LINKS to the current kernel, if he is doing it as per MrPippy's instructions he is on the latest. Depending on when he last updated his kernel. If he did the package that MrPippy linked, then yes you are correct, he might not be. But just don't count that he isn't current without knowing more, and to assist that, yes he might give a little more info on what kernel he is on etc.

But I haven't experienced a build of Eclair, nor kernel that wouldn't text. The actual RIL info in the rootfs.img from Post #1 is what would allow that to work or not. I would personally try and make sure your phone is registered on your network by going into the settings, wireless and mobile, and do a search till it says registered.