PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

slow4g63 03-19-2010 08:26 AM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs109...._3276753_n.jpg
my bad!! thought it was gsm!!

HTC Touch-Pro 03-19-2010 09:00 AM

I'm unable to download the latest March 18th version while at work - but just wanted to ask if this is the Dual-Boot version I've been looking for? I am most interested in the Android project, having the Touch Pro 2, because the free Turn-by-Turn Navigation is HUGE for me, but when not using Google Maps or other cool Android Apps, I'd like to boot to my normal Windows Mobile OS (which is the latest version of MightyROM)

So...
- Is this the Dual-Boot thread?
- Since this is Android, would it open/activate the Turn-by-Turn Navigation offered by Droid/Nexus etc that run 1.6 or higher?
- Could I still keep my MightyROM intact as my primary mobile OS, or would I be forced to switch back to normal Windows Mobile 6.5 to take advantage of this?

THANKS!! :)

cflynt 03-19-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro (Post 1641345)
Is this the Dual-Boot thread?

If you mean by dual-boot, can you run Windows Mobile and Android on the same phone. YES, currently Android on the TP2 is NOT a ROM yet, you boot into it by running Haret.

Quote:

Since this is Android, would it open/activate the Turn-by-Turn Navigation offered by Droid/Nexus etc that run 1.6 or higher?

I believe that turn-by-turn isn't avail till 2.1, but I might be wrong, really doesn't matter being GPS isn't functioning yet.
Quote:

Could I still keep my MightyROM intact as my primary mobile OS, or would I be forced to switch back to normal Windows Mobile 6.5 to take advantage of this?

As answered in the first question. This ISN'T a ROM, so whatever ROM you have in place already will still be there.

You probably need to do a little research before you start delving into Android. It is pretty much safe to run, it shouldn't interfere with your current OS, but you don't sound like you have looked into much at all with the questions you are asking. I don't want to steer you away from it, it is AWESEOME stuff. But you need to know what is working and what is not, and any Android thread out there plainly states that. If all you are after is the GPS stuff etc, you might check back at a later date.

HTC Touch-Pro 03-19-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflynt (Post 1641386)
If you mean by dual-boot, can you run Windows Mobile and Android on the same phone. YES, currently Android on the TP2 is NOT a ROM yet, you boot into it by running Haret.

I believe that turn-by-turn isn't avail till 2.1, but I might be wrong, really doesn't matter being GPSS isn't functioning yet.

As answered in the first question. This ISN'T a ROM, so whatever ROM you have in place already will still be there.

You probably need to do a little research before you start delving into Android. It is pretty much safe to run, it shouldn't interfere with your current OS, but you don't sound like you have looked into much at all with the questions you are asking. I don't want to steer you away from it, it is AWESOME stuff. But you need to know what is working and what is not, and any Android thread out there plainly states that. If all you are after is the GPS stuff etc, you might check back at a later date.

Good stuff thanks for your help! I did read through the working/not working thread before posting, and also researched over on Google.com (apps) and saw Turn-by-Turn was listed as functioning for 1.6+; but I wanted to ask here since I saw a build/offering from March 10th also hosted for download, and didn't know if GPS has been activated since then. I'm going to follow this thread and hope for the best - thanks again! I'm excited about the next few months if this gets off the ground more :)

jeep447 03-19-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep447 (Post 1638794)
Ok I hope I don't get roasted for this...I swear I have looked and cannot find the answer..I have heard from a good source that sprints 6.5 rom is being released tomorrow...If it does and I upgrade to it how will that effect android...should I not do it? Any help without throwing tomatoes at me would be great! lol thanks!

Man i guess it was a good source!!! The 6.5 update is avail at htc for sprint tp2 with sense ui enhancements! Snap downloading now!

icevapor 03-19-2010 11:16 AM

Hey, is the xandroid 3-18 just the 1.03. one but with the newest kernel? Was anything else changed?

I am testing the kernel Build: htc-msm-android@20100319_085354

It seem a little bit snappier than the previous, screen still works well. Even w/ out sound and everything else, I would probably use it full time if the scrolling were a bit less laggy, but I know that will speed up w/ time.

Great job to all the DEV's, its coming along quite nicely.

yuyjust 03-19-2010 11:40 AM

Wirelessly posted (tp2: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:

Originally Posted by icevapor
Hey, is the xandroid 3-18 just the 1.03. one but with the newest kernel? Was anything else changed?

I am testing the kernel Build: htc-msm-android@20100319_085354

It seem a little bit snappier than the previous, screen still works well. Even w/ out sound and everything else, I would probably use it full time if the scrolling were a bit less laggy, but I know that will speed up w/ time.

Great job to all the DEV's, its coming along quite nicely.

I am using this kernel also, everything stilk work well no more double tap still. Only little thing that I can see is the scrolling is not as fluid as other android device (almost like glass sliding door that hasnt been lubed for a while ) other than that everything is good. seem to be a bit snappier as well.

Hat off to all the dev working on this.

animez 03-19-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep447 (Post 1641761)
Man i guess it was a good source!!! The 6.5 update is avail at htc for sprint tp2 with sense ui enhancements! Snap downloading now!

They are saying on some sites that it has Sense 2.5, let us know when you get it loaded. Of course since I'm on VZW it does me no good, but still interested. :mrgreen:

jeep447 03-19-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animez (Post 1641899)
They are saying on some sites that it has Sense 2.5, let us know when you get it loaded. Of course since I'm on VZW it does me no good, but still interested. :mrgreen:

Will do...I guess everyone and their brother is downloading it...I have 60 megs down internet connection with a gigabyte switch and im only hitting at 15k...3 hours remaining :(

reekotubbs 03-19-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep447 (Post 1641915)
Will do...I guess everyone and their brother is downloading it...I have 60 megs down internet connection with a gigabyte switch and im only hitting at 15k...3 hours remaining :(

Can you post a mirror when you get it down?