PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

in Windows, for adb since I just recently learned how to lol, If you install droid explorer, it installs adb as well so you can explore phone as well as get adb too, then just make a command prompt to it in the droid explorer folder so everything is next to each other
Old 02-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
in Windows, for adb since I just recently learned how to lol, If you install droid explorer, it installs adb as well so you can explore phone as well as get adb too, then just make a command prompt to it in the droid explorer folder so everything is next to each other
What are you talking about...? He said he was using Linux.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
What are you talking about...? He said he was using Linux.
I think he was trying to make a sugestion for an easy way to get adb onto a windows system as the other person had implied frustration, thus the conversion to linux.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
I think he was trying to make a sugestion for an easy way to get adb onto a windows system as the other person had implied frustration, thus the conversion to linux.
..but if he see's 0's in adb devices it's working! Oy.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Thanks for the advice guys but arrrghhh is fully aware of my situation and we've been through most of windnos setup. Now....arrrghhh, adb through Ubuntu is working great and if you'd like to coach me on the setup for logging the long call bug, I'm ready to tackle it.
Edit- NM I'll just run adb logcat and cut and zip the file to post some time this week. Thanks arrrghhh for suggesting Linux I already prefer it to windowz.
Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 02-11-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys but arrrghhh is fully aware of my situation and we've been through most of windnos setup. Now....arrrghhh, adb through Ubuntu is working great and if you'd like to coach me on the setup for logging the long call bug, I'm ready to tackle it.
Edit- NM I'll just run adb logcat and cut and zip the file to post some time this week. Thanks arrrghhh for suggesting Linux I already prefer it to windowz.
Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app
Logs goes over how to run the commands continuously .
Old 02-11-2012, 11:47 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Did you ever take your SD build that was working from TP2 Phone #1 and insert it into TP2 Phone #2?

I am getting some squirrelly results and I wonder if there aren't things imbedded that are built at the initial run time that don't rebuild unless you recreate your data.img file?

i.e. WiFi: After swapping the SD card from phone #1 to phone #2, I cannot get WiFi to connect. When I go into advanced settings for WiFi, I observe that the MAC address remains from phone #1, even though I am on phone #2. I confirmed the ability of the phone to connect to WiFi in Windows Mobile and I also confirmed the MAC address of phone #2.

Solution is easy enough; Delete data.img but I was hoping to avoid that, if at all possible.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 02-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Did you ever take your SD build that was working from TP2 Phone #1 and insert it into TP2 Phone #2?

I am getting some squirrelly results and I wonder if there aren't things imbedded that are built at the initial run time that don't rebuild unless you recreate your data.img file?

i.e. WiFi: After swapping the SD card from phone #1 to phone #2, I cannot get WiFi to connect. When I go into advanced settings for WiFi, I observe that the MAC address remains from phone #1, even though I am on phone #2. I confirmed the ability of the phone to connect to WiFi in Windows Mobile and I also confirmed the MAC address of phone #2.

Solution is easy enough; Delete data.img but I was hoping to avoid that, if at all possible.

Best regards,
-boggsie
wifi-nvram.txt is only generated once per data.img.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a

domoarigato is a n00b

i understand this is still in the testing phases, but im just wondering when / if a fully stable version will be released?

thanks
Old 02-12-2012, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post

Best regards,
-boggsie
I have moved my sd card between more than one TP2, and didn't have any issues that I felt were caused by the move.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development