PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
Task killer? For misbehaving apps, uninstall works better.

EDIT: Battery life is generally fine for me, but it seems that it charges faster under XDAndroid. That's not possible, is it?
It doesn't actually charge faster, the system just thinks it's charging faster... battery code isn't so mature... Probably could use a lot of love.

Oh and task killers aren't a good idea - but occasionally I've had to kill apps before. It's rare.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I like task killers because I see tasks just auto launching in background, seems like i close them via task manager, check again in half hour and they are back up again and i didn't reopen them :S

can't uninstall app because I use it, I just dont want them running on their own without me launching them
Old 01-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
I like task killers because I see tasks just auto launching in background, seems like i close them via task manager, check again in half hour and they are back up again and i didn't reopen them :S

can't uninstall app because I use it, I just dont want them running on their own without me launching them
This is why task killers are a BAD idea. If the app is setup as a service, it WILL relaunch automatically.

See my speed improvements thread, and look at the "pm disable" section. This will disable the service, but still allow you to use the app. Saves battery life and improves performance.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work

hm I looked at it the last time you pointed it to me, I had trouble telling if the script was working but you said it was if i did it right lol

I didn't see the pm section, I'll look it over again, more than likely I'll need help getting it to work
Old 01-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
I didn't see the pm section, I'll look it over again, more than likely I'll need help getting it to work
Read. Then re-read. Then re-re-read. Try. Then re-try. Then re-re-try. Then start back at reading again.

If you're still stuck, then ask for help. If you haven't read and re-read and tried/re-tried at least 5x, then you haven't read/tried enough on your own .

A lot of this stuff didn't just 'come to me'. It was through a lot of hard work and loooong nights...
Old 01-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hm "sounds" easy enough to do... but what is this shell that you mention?

where do I type in the pm disable string?

edit: i guess it's adb, I'm watchign your video on setting it up lol
ok i got it working i think... how do i verified it worked? I saw the killed statement on the adb shell but now what?

edit: don't know if you use this or have something like it when going through the logs, but i found it rather helpful right now http://www.musetips.com/text-filter.html just open the data.txt with it and filter in the for broadcast, it shows you every line with it in it. Made finding each occurance a lot easier just now. I use this program when i need to sort large files like this

result? I'm not sure if it is working, some of them seem to keep coming back, I'll disable it and wait a few minutes, get new log and it's back on logs

Last edited by EyeB; 01-30-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
hm "sounds" easy enough to do... but what is this shell that you mention?

where do I type in the pm disable string?
Please don't clutter this thread with questions that belong in the speed improvements thread.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I don't know, you're on a TP2? RHOD400 from what I gather?

Assuming you have the startup.txt from this package and haret.exe from this package, and you're on a TP2 - should work great. The only other person having this problem was mixing and matching without telling me. So of course, it wouldn't work - he was using crap from an outdated build.
Sorry I should have been more specific. Yes. I have the sprint tp2 RHOD400.

Well, the good news is that it worked this time. I don't know why it was acting up before. I guess 3rd time is the charm.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Now that I'm learning to play with adb, I also got droid explorer working. I don't know who but I remember someone saying that it wasn't working. I don't see the icon in windows, but droid explorer works fine for me.

>.> think i messed up a pm disable though, the sound controls dont work now, it stays at 100% regardless of what I set volume too lol. I can pull this log if you think it's helpful but since I think it's just from the pm disables, I don't think it'd help you debug anything aside from my lack of adb skills
Old 01-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

arrrghhh, I got the physical kb fixed, I disabled everything under "Keyboard and Input", thanks for your help.

However, my battery life is only 2 hours on full charge without any useage; this is killing me; I have all data turned off; any suggestion? Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development