PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
The (windows based) image resize tool is pretty cool. It is an app that someone wrote to drive a collection of command line tools. So basically, you get radio-buttons, a check-box and a slider-bar to set options and then a big button to commit. Once you click to commit, the GUI of the windows app goes non-responsive while all of the actions are processed in the background, with cmd boxes that spontaneously pop up and close.

The slider-bar allows up to a 2gb data.img.

There is a separate tool to create a brand-new (generic / empty) data.img. I've never actually used that tool. Maybe that's an option. Create a blank one that is the size I desire, and drop it into the < target > folder before first boot to head the issue off before it occurs.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Ah jeez, I completely misread your original post (I thought you meant the default data.img was smaller than 256mb), but somehow answered in a way that was still at least useful to you.

lol, thanks.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 by HTC

jigwashere is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jigwashere
I wouldn't call this a bug, but the mic turns off when using std headphones for calls. RHOD400 WinMo keeps the mic live with std headphones for calls. I'm guessing a headset w/mic would work.

Sent from my RHOD400 running XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
I wouldn't call this a bug, but the mic turns off when using std headphones for calls. RHOD400 WinMo keeps the mic live with std headphones for calls. I'm guessing a headset w/mic would work.
This is actually an Android bug (lots of native devices suffer from this same problem).

Should be a relatively easy fix tho, I'll try to ping a dev. Thanks.

Edit - pinged a dev, and it actually doesn't sound simple/straightforward at all. Hmph... I'll have to see how the guys 'fix' this on native Android devices.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 01-27-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

boneskid1 is a n00b

i have a ? that pertains to the native gingerbread. when the 3g symbol comes up and is grey is data supposed to still work vs. when it is green? and there was something else but i can not really remember ill edit it on later

this was not my other question but what kind of battery life are you guys getting? i charged mine last night and it was at 15% but about 12:30 or 1:00 central u.s. time which is not very long if you ask me

Edit: the memory is super low inside the application manger settings like 2.63 mbs or less at time 0 mbs

Last edited by boneskid1; 01-27-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneskid1 View Post
i have a ? that pertains to the native gingerbread. when the 3g symbol comes up and is grey is data supposed to still work vs. when it is green? and there was something else but i can not really remember ill edit it on later
Green is 'supposed' to indicate a good connection, gray is 'supposed' to indicate something is wrong.

However, you can't take it as gospel.. For example, before you associate a Google account in Accounts & Sync, the bars always seem to be gray - so I think Google is using the sync ability to key this indicator.

But yes, that is what the green/gray represents. Data connectivity. Again, it is not perfect.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneskid1 View Post
what kind of battery life are you guys getting?
hm i get around 4-5 hours of battery with constant use, like downloading apps (basically keeping the phone in use)

kind of sad that I can't get more since my garminfone with smaller battery lasts around 8-10 hours.

but I'm still happy since I think running it from sd card drains battery more than if it was installed as I've seen people mention the nand version lasts longer (not sure if this is correct though) but im not installing a permanant OS until the bugs are mostly out of it
Old 01-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
hm i get around 4-5 hours of battery with constant use, like downloading apps (basically keeping the phone in use)

kind of sad that I can't get more since my garminfone with smaller battery lasts around 8-10 hours.

but I'm still happy since I think running it from sd card drains battery more than if it was installed as I've seen people mention the nand version lasts longer (not sure if this is correct though) but im not installing a permanant OS until the bugs are mostly out of it
NAND actually has a much shorter battery life in my experience.

When on WisTilt2's .39 kernels, I was getting ~0.5% drain per hour in sleep. Pretty damned good...

.27 isn't nearly as nice on the battery.

I'm sure you're not doing the same things on your 'garminfone' as you are on your RHOD. I also assume your garminfone's battery is quite a bit newer .

The problem with the "what kind of battery life are you seeing" questions is every single users experience is going to be different - everyone uses their phone differently. Some don't make many calls, some make a ton. Others don't use wifi... and some do. Some people might let their phone sleep most of the day. Some will download a ton of apps and always be on the phone browsing, gaming, etc.

So the 'what kind of battery are you guys seeing' is silly... Try it for yourself! No one except you will be able to accurately answer that question for you.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 by HTC

jigwashere is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to jigwashere

On my Nook Color with CM7.1, I used Clockwork Mod to clear my battery history after doing a full charge. I haven't perceived any improvement in battery life, but I sort of understand the idea. Is there a built-in means for recalibrating the battery with XDAndroid? Do you think it would even help?

On another note, I had a bit of difficulty creating a WiFi hotspot. It worked for a few days, then stopped working. Nothing I tried helped. Not resets on my TP2 or Nook Color, threats, or expletives). On my Nook Color, I deleted AndroidAP, rescanned, and tried again. No joy. Finally, on my TP2 under Configure Wi-Fi hotspot, I checked 'Show password' and saved. That should not have done a darn thing -- I just did it to convince myself I had input the correct password. Anyway, it worked. Makes no sense, but I mentioned this to someone on another forum who also couldn't get WiFi hotspot to work, and suddenly it started working for him, too.

Sorry, that was at least a week ago, so I have no logs that might explain it. If I can recreate this, I'll post my logs but for now, it's working fine.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
On my Nook Color with CM7.1, I used Clockwork Mod to clear my battery history after doing a full charge. I haven't perceived any improvement in battery life, but I sort of understand the idea. Is there a built-in means for recalibrating the battery with XDAndroid? Do you think it would even help?
There's a 'Battery Calibration' app on the Market that some have reported success with.

Quote:
On another note, I had a bit of difficulty creating a WiFi hotspot. It worked for a few days, then stopped working. Nothing I tried helped. Not resets on my TP2 or Nook Color, threats, or expletives). On my Nook Color, I deleted AndroidAP, rescanned, and tried again. No joy. Finally, on my TP2 under Configure Wi-Fi hotspot, I checked 'Show password' and saved. That should not have done a darn thing -- I just did it to convince myself I had input the correct password. Anyway, it worked. Makes no sense, but I mentioned this to someone on another forum who also couldn't get WiFi hotspot to work, and suddenly it started working for him, too.
Wifi in general is flaky, not surprisingly wifi hotspot is as well.

Also, WinMo does not have the option to put up an actual AP - Android does. However, when the firmware is unloaded, Android freaks out. Probably related to this... Our firmware probably doesn't support it, and for some insane reason it loads it - but doesn't properly unload it. Meh...

The ironic thing is ICS doesn't require wifi firmware to be unloaded when shutting down wifi. Not sure our phones can handle all ICS has to offer, but here's to hoping. Maybe if we can ever get GB stable .
Old 01-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP 2

countzero is a n00b

GBX0B combined with some of the newest kernels (3.0 & 3.1 kernels from the autobuild) have resulted in some of the most responsive, feature complete and generally working combos I have seen through the growth of this whole project.

I never considered previous builds to be even close to 'daily drivers', but have happily had my phone booted into GB for weeks now. I've had only very minor issues like mic for voice search/input flake out on me intermittently.

I've been really pleased with how things are working! Thanks a million!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development