PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon1 View Post
Sometimes the bar goes green.

Tried with Broswer, Marketplace, GOOD app...

What do I need to do with APN setup?
Whatever you need to setup with your provider as far as the APN goes.

Do you have a Google account setup in Accounts & Sync?

Quote:
I order for it to work, I have to go into Data Enabled (uncheck, then check), then it works for few (~5) mins. Then stop working, annoying..
So it does work, just in short spurts? You're literally the first to report that. Is your profile accurate, you're on Sprint?

Why haven't you posted any logs? I don't know if they'll show anything, but I don't know without looking at 'em.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have Google acct synced, that only works when Data is working.

I am on Sprint, what can I verify on the profile accurate?
What do I do with APN?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I have Google acct synced, that only works when Data is working.

I am on Sprint, what can I verify on the profile accurate?
What do I do with APN?
I'm on Sprint, and never had to setup an APN to get data, only MMS. Was just ensuring you're not on some funky provider and hadn't updated your profile.

Logs?
Old 01-27-2012, 02:33 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Here is an odd one. Can the some startup setting be modified so that the default data.img file is larger than 256mb?

I ask, becuase I dropped in all of my applications into the appropriate folder on the SD Card and upon first boot, I was greeted by a low disk space alert / alarm.

Just wonderin'

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 01-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Here is an odd one. Can the some startup setting be modified so that the default data.img file is larger than 256mb?

I ask, becuase I dropped in all of my applications into the appropriate folder on the SD Card and upon first boot, I was greeted by a low disk space alert / alarm.

Just wonderin'
Did you use the default startup.txt...?

I'm not aware of any setting in the cmdline that will change the size of the data.img... That's hard-set in init.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:48 PM
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:

Just wonderin'

Best regards,
-boggsie
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Did you use the default startup.txt...?

I'm not aware of any setting in the cmdline that will change the size of the data.img... That's hard-set in init.
Yep, default down to the target folder. It's not a huge deal, obviously, as I can quickly use the tool you've pointed me to in the past to increase data.img and I am good to go.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 01-27-2012, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 by HTC

jigwashere is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to jigwashere

I assumed green bars were good, but even when they're not green things seem to work fine for me in XDAndroid (I have limited experience w/Android on devices).

I'm running the new build and reinstalling my apps/reconfiguring. So far, everything seems to work fine. I've gotten a few errors about something or other not responding (usually during install), but I just click 'wait' and it seems to go well. I made a few calls with no real problems. During one call, my voice echoed for a bit, but it cleared up on its own (during the call).

Previously, I hadn't noticed the handful of apk's included in the bundle -- a couple of games, Tapatalk XDA, TitaniumBackup, GetLogs v1.1, etc. Nice.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yep, default down to the target folder. It's not a huge deal, obviously, as I can quickly use the tool you've pointed me to in the past to increase data.img and I am good to go.
Just curious, what size data.img did it create...?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks, where do I get the logs from?
On my top, it shows 2-4 signal bar & 3G; but I can't access internet at-all. Data enabled and Data Roming are checked. Any other setting I should verify? Please assist.
is the data icons in green? the wifi/3g/etc

I noticed even if it shows "bars" but icon is gray, I get no data, it has to be green to get data for me

try deleting the apn and toggling it from home only to auto or vice versa to reconnect it and get it back to green
Old 01-27-2012, 03:28 PM
b00nsquad

Quote:

Best regards,
-boggsie
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Just curious, what size data.img did it create...?
The (windows based) image resize tool is pretty cool. It is an app that someone wrote to drive a collection of command line tools. So basically, you get radio-buttons, a check-box and a slider-bar to set options and then a big button to commit. Once you click to commit, the GUI of the windows app goes non-responsive while all of the actions are processed in the background, with cmd boxes that spontaneously pop up and close.

The slider-bar allows up to a 2gb data.img.

There is a separate tool to create a brand-new (generic / empty) data.img. I've never actually used that tool. Maybe that's an option. Create a blank one that is the size I desire, and drop it into the < target > folder before first boot to head the issue off before it occurs.

Best regards,
-boggsie

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development