PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (Latest version 1.2.3) - 400/500 Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu775420 View Post
I ask when it will release stable version of Andrews?[SIZE="<font><font>5</font></font>"][/SIZE]
some peeps already use it as a daily phone. So it's very stable itself but once you start adding apps is when we get bugs being reported back. Not a bad thing but unless you are willing to participate in getting logs and reporting your findings, then you will wait a long time for a stable build (blame those gsm bastards who are forcing me to change code around just so they can boot :-p )..
Old 11-29-2011, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Take the card out if you think it's suspect, there's no need really to even have it inserted. What does partitions on a SD card have to do with anything anyways?

Edit - why not just post the logs here... ACL would be the guy to send them to regardless. Nothing is jumping out at me so far.

Edit 2 - damn, I wish kernel logs had matching timestamps so I could match up with logcat - your kernel logs just seem really freakin short. But again, I don't see anything out of the ordinary here, and again ACL is the man who would need to look at the logs regardless. Thanks.

kernel logs dont show poop. THis may need to be researched via adb while the phone isnt waking. The only thing i saw standing out was radio logs showing errors. May need to see what radio version is being used.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
So 86shelby, what does occur ... do you get into LK or are you stuck at the boot splash screen?

When I ended up at a similar conclusion, only thing MTTY did was let me ensure that the phone was wiped completely clean with a TASK29.

Frankly, this really surprises me - I thought that if you could get to bootloader, you were not bricked and here are two instances where that obviously isn't the case.

Best regards,
-boggsie
the only reason i recommended mtty was because when we first started the project, wozzer and i would have tons of weird issues where we couldnt do anything. Mtty lets you run more tasks and i recall one time i was sure i was fried, but sure enough after some random tasking i was able to get winmo again and continue.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykosoft View Post
I must say that I'm not a big fan of the "fastboot when usb is plugged in" change. Quite often, the phone goes dead, I go to plug it up, turn it on (and walk away), and return to find it sitting at fastboot.

Thoughts?

Michael
Like ACL said, either plug it in and let it charge while off, or wait for the double vibe and then plug it in. If you have a better idea on how to fix the other issues we're all ears. With this new LK, I didn't have ANY of the old issues I had with flashing. Plus, every reboot having to pull the battery or get stuck in fastboot?!? Screw that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icevapor View Post
My previous setup was a CWM off the sd card, so there is a system, cache, and data partitions. Maybe android is mounting the cache/data and its causing issues. I'll pull the SD today and see if it changes anything.

As for the logs, they are pretty short... If I do a restart does it reset the logs? It kinda looks like it (which makes them kind of worthless hu).

Also, I did send ACL a copy of the logs as well... maybe he can see something.
CWM off the SD card, sounds atrocious, and unnecessary lol. Talk about overkill!

Pull the card, see what it does. Upgrade your radio firmware to the newest 2.37 VZ radio.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium
Carrier: TeleNord

teemo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Edit 2 - damn, I wish kernel logs had matching timestamps so I could match up with logcat - your kernel logs just seem really freakin short.
I always replace with hycs dmesg. Any reason not to implement it, any down side?
Old 11-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemo View Post
I always replace with hycs dmesg. Any reason not to implement it, any down side?
I don't remember if he ever finished that, or what the deal was with it. Do you know why it didn't get accepted? Perhaps he never requested it to be merged.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium
Carrier: TeleNord

teemo is a n00b

Quote:
I don't remember if he ever finished that, or what the deal was with it. Do you know why it didn't get accepted? Perhaps he never requested it to be merged.
Don't think he requested it. He just dropped it in rpierce99s thread at xda.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemo View Post
Don't think he requested it. He just dropped it in rpierce99s thread at xda.
Thanks for the link... I'll bug stine et al about it.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
blame everyone who couldnt press the end call key. BUT, you should just plug in the phone and not power it on. Once you out the charger on the light will go orage and the charing is behind the scenes (as long as you are not using cwm).
I am aware of both the reasons, and the alternates. With that said, it's less than user friendly. Is it possible to detect charging USB vs USB used for data (sync, storage, adb, etc)? I know that in winmo, when a charger is attached, it doesn't ask to start active sync, usb storage, or internet sharing, only when it is attached to an actual computer.

Michael
Old 11-29-2011, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykosoft View Post
I am aware of both the reasons, and the alternates. With that said, it's less than user friendly. Is it possible to detect charging USB vs USB used for data (sync, storage, adb, etc)? I know that in winmo, when a charger is attached, it doesn't ask to start active sync, usb storage, or internet sharing, only when it is attached to an actual computer.

Michael
Also, given that we have physical keyboard devices here, is it possible to use a key on the keyboard rather than the front panel keys? (I haven't looked into this at all)

Michael

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development