PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DEV] - OMGB - 1.2.2{2.3.5} - CDMA ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
the old gapps is still up. As long as you know the work arounds for the market FC you should be fine.

make a backup.. you shouldnt lose a damn thing ..
Awesome! Thanks again.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

After a wake up problem, radio signal lose

Quote:
Many times, screen can not wake up fully, screen only light up 50% or less, after a long while, light up 100%.
remove file sensors.rhodium.so, then solve.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (26.9 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by muziling; 10-26-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b

Quote:
  • Phone is now world phone capable. Means CDMA can use sim card .. needs test. NO GSM YET. GSM IS NOT A WORLD PHONE.
As a point of clarification:

Does this mean that a world phone (the RHOD400 and RHOD500, that have both CDMA and GSM radios), can use the GSM portion while travelling internationally? Or does it only mean that it allows the use of SIM cards on CDMA networks supporting SIM card use?

Michael
Old 10-27-2011, 12:44 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykosoft View Post

Does this mean that a world phone (the RHOD400 and RHOD500, that have both CDMA and GSM radios), can use the GSM portion while travelling internationally? Or does it only mean that it allows the use of SIM cards on CDMA networks supporting SIM card use?

Michael
No CDMA network uses SIM's. I believe in some Asian countries (perhaps muziling can confirm) they have 'UIM's' which are removable and usable for CDMA networks. But this does not apply to CDMA carriers in the US.

But to answer your question, yes that is what ACL means. I have the exact same menu now I did in XDAndroid builds, so I can choose CDMA or GSM. However, I have yet to test on an active GSM SIM, so I don't know if it actually works.

If someone does have a RHOD400/500 and wants to test out the worldphone capabilities, please do! No one has tested it yet, so I wouldn't depend on it. This build still is very much a dev preview, but it's getting there!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

Michael
that is exactly what i want to test. So if you have a 400/500 with an active sim, then i'm interested to know how it works out.

So far i dont know anyone with that setup who was able to test.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:48 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
After a wake up problem, radio signal lose

remove file sensors.rhodium.so, then solve.
bro you are killing me !!!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
bro you are killing me !!!
I really love this build, but only I have wakeup problem, I google it, someone said its GLE or audio framework problem.

I know sensor file is added by you ,but screen can not full light up,
I did this is just to find the problem if related to this or not

argg and I both have one problem, when phone in , screen can not wake up, and only can press call button to answer, but after press call button, phone will vibrate some seconds.

Last edited by muziling; 10-27-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
I really love this build, but only I have wakeup problem, I google it, someone said its GLE or audio framework problem.

I know sensor file is added by you ,but screen can not full light up,
I did this is just to find the problem if related to this or not

argg and I both have one problem, when phone in , screen can not wake up, and only can press call button to answer, but after press call button, phone will vibrate some seconds.

that file is critical.. it controls all the sensors .. now the wake up may be because of the light sensor when autobl is enabled. Try disabling autobl and see if it continues to happen. i may need to adjust the timing on how fast the hardware wakes up. this is tricky since ive just been playing around with values. We only poll the LS every 2 seconds, so if the delay you experince is 2 secods to wake up, that could be the issue.. anywys just a thoguth..

KEEP UR BATT CHARGED.. i havent tested the charge code and it looks like it may not be working .. not sure.. ill prob post a new lk again after some tests.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b

Quote:
that is exactly what i want to test. So if you have a 400/500 with an active sim, then i'm interested to know how it works out.

So far i dont know anyone with that setup who was able to test.
Man....two days earlier, and I absolutely would have, I was travelling internationally. I'll be travelling again in about 30 days, and will test it upside down and backwards at that time (if that'll still be helpful)

Michael
Old 10-27-2011, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Man....two days earlier, and I absolutely would have, I was travelling internationally. I'll be travelling again in about 30 days, and will test it upside down and backwards at that time (if that'll still be helpful)

Michael
i can wait 30 days.. Hopefully by then this will no longer be a dev build but a rom realease.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development