PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Both, but probably logcat is more important.

Always best to err on the side of caution and just pull all three. GetLogs makes this VERY easy, plus includes a lot of other useful output.
Happened again. I'm sure now that this causing missed call. When my phone ringing and I didn't receive the call, phone has been connected to USB. I don't know if missed call cause same without conect to usb. Will test later. If this happen, phone don't switch to sleep (orange LED lights), even if I disconnect USB.
Here is log got a few minutes after this happened. Using GetLogs application.

Edit: Missed calls will cause complete loss of sound even if the phone is not connected to USB. If I make a call in this state of phone, the internal speaker is completely quiet. If I switch to the loud speakerphone, I can hear an electric sound.
Attached Files
File Type: zip data.zip (40.7 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by milda25; 01-31-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
Happened again. I'm sure now that this causing missed call. When my phone ringing and I didn't receive the call, phone has been connected to USB. I don't know if missed call cause same without conect to usb. Will test later. If this happen, phone don't switch to sleep (orange LED lights), even if I disconnect USB.

Edit: Missed calls will cause complete loss of sound even if the phone is not connected to USB. If I make a call in this state of phone, the internal speaker is completely quiet. If I switch to the loud speakerphone, I can hear an electric sound.
In my humble opinion, missed calls are something completely different. I assume you mean missed in the sense that the phone never rings, you never get any indication of a call?

Perhaps it's a language barrier, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Hopefully ACL can make some sense of your logs...
Old 01-31-2012, 05:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

This is odd.

01-31 21:27:01.970 E/ToneGenerator( 122): --- Stop timed out

So you are telling me the old lib's worked better ? f*ck that's the last thing i want to hear.

let me know if you need a copy of the old libs. If the old one works better then you can just replace the libaudio and libacoustic.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
In my humble opinion, missed calls are something completely different. I assume you mean missed in the sense that the phone never rings, you never get any indication of a call?

Perhaps it's a language barrier, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Hopefully ACL can make some sense of your logs...
No, I mean that all sound is OK, then the phone begins the ringing (incomming call). I don't accept this call and get the missed call (red arrows in status bar ) After that, all audio including mic goes to hell. I can simulate this whenever you want. Understand? Yes, language barrier is terrible thing
Old 01-31-2012, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
This is odd.

01-31 21:27:01.970 E/ToneGenerator( 122): --- Stop timed out

So you are telling me the old lib's worked better ? f*ck that's the last thing i want to hear.

let me know if you need a copy of the old libs. If the old one works better then you can just replace the libaudio and libacoustic.
This problem I hadn't with previous build from 01162012. Thanks for the offer the old libs, I will stay with this new one. At least it will force me not to have missed calls.
And don't be discouraged, ACL, you are making a lot of hard work ...
Old 01-31-2012, 05:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
No, I mean that all sound is OK, then the phone begins the ringing (incomming call). I don't accept this call and get the missed call (red arrows in status bar ) After that, all audio including mic goes to hell. I can simulate this whenever you want. Understand? Yes, language barrier is terrible thing
Ok, so it happens when you miss a call? Do you ignore the call or just let it ring? I want to see if i can replicate it on my end. But the gsm device i have has no service so i may need to see if it comes up on cdma.

thanks for the feedback.

Edit: I removed some stuff to comply with xdandroid code, perhaps i need to re-add the code that was pulled out.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Ok, so it happens when you miss a call? Do you ignore the call or just let it ring? I want to see if i can replicate it on my end. But the gsm device i have has no service so i may need to see if it comes up on cdma.

thanks for the feedback.

Edit: I removed some stuff to comply with xdandroid code, perhaps i need to re-add the code that was pulled out.
No, I didn't ignore call by the endcall button. I let the phone ring until it gave up the other side.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Same here. I had an incoming call, I didn't answer because I was driving. Pulled over, tried to call back (it was my wife calling) and no sound at all. I opened the music player and nothing. I did notice that trying to adjust the volume it said "in call volume" on the slider.

After that the phone wouldn't go back to sleep (orange light even with the screen off). Had to reboot to get sound working.

I hope my logs can help. By the way, this morning I applied the latest patch. I can't recall if I had the same issue before that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip data.zip (40.6 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Same here. I had an incoming call, I didn't answer because I was driving. Pulled over, tried to call back (it was my wife calling) and no sound at all. I opened the music player and nothing. I did notice that trying to adjust the volume it said "in call volume" on the slider.

After that the phone wouldn't go back to sleep (orange light even with the screen off). Had to reboot to get sound working.

I hope my logs can help. By the way, this morning I applied the latest patch. I can't recall if I had the same issue before that.
Follow up:

Milda25 is correct, missed calls cause the issue and it's easy to replicate.

I wanted to post the cleanest logs possible, so this is what I did:
1. Powered off phone and then back on. Waited until everything settled in (solid green light).
2. Made a call to my cell phone, as expected, no ringtone. I answered the call and audio was ok.
3. Made a second call (ringtone worked as expected), but this time I didn't answer (generating a missed call).
4. Made a third call and this time the ringtone was dead. I answered and there was no audio.
5. Opened music player and audio was also dead. Once again, trying to adjust volume got me "in call" volume slider.
6. Ran getlogs app.

I hope they are useful. I replicated the issue 3 times just to be sure. Phone failed to enter complete sleep state every time (solid orange light).
Attached Files
File Type: zip no sound logs.zip (44.5 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Milda25 is correct, missed calls cause the issue and it's easy to replicate.
Nice find guys. Easily reproducible problems are the best .

I'll try to recreate this on HaRET as well, now I'm curious...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development