PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fixed mms issue (apn sticks) now no need to use separate app (gosms) to set mms apn...confirmed working on. Tested only on sprint since I have the carrier
Add this to your build.prop
I have made several changes to my build.prop don't know if this was the exact code that made it work, too late going to bed will try from scratch tomorrow.

ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-sprint-us
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=31000
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint

If you don't see the sprint apn after restart go and search for network operators after a while exit out of it(will never exit out of searching, will need to back out manually) go to apn settings and you should see the Sprint apn and just edit necessary values and save. In my case I had 2 named Sprint and one that said USSC. I deleted all but one, edit saved and viola got pic...

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by vzihome; 12-11-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Two catastrophic crashes today, unfortunately I was out the whole day.

Pulled logs and /proc/last_kmsg anyway, just in case. I found three /data/system/dropbox/system_last_kmsg files. Stupid me, I forgot they were UPPERCASE, so I might have been missing them previously.

First crash was around noon (11 hours ago). LED showed orange, panel was dark, no response from phone.

Second crash happened around 8:30pm, phone would not come out of sleep (SOD? - LED remained green regardless of power button activation).

ACL - I don't know if they'll show anything, but you're welcome to them.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintUserHTC View Post
Thanks for letting us know about this app. After 19 1/2 hours of light use, my battery is at 64%. A huge improvement!
The system still seems wonky, but better. Yesterday (day after completeing battery calibration) I only had 16 hours (according to the system) of usable life. Today it was better, but still not like during calibration.

Note - I am only talking about the "predictions", actual battery life still seems great. The only problem is that the system will force a shutdown if it "thinks" the battery level is too low, regardless of reality. Rebooting seems to get the battery predictions back on track when they start dropping at unrealistic rates, but it's a less than ideal solution.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:20 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
The system still seems wonky, but better. Yesterday (day after completeing battery calibration) I only had 16 hours (according to the system) of usable life. Today it was better, but still not like during calibration.

Note - I am only talking about the "predictions", actual battery life still seems great. The only problem is that the system will force a shutdown if it "thinks" the battery level is too low, regardless of reality. Rebooting seems to get the battery predictions back on track when they start dropping at unrealistic rates, but it's a less than ideal solution.
Need... SCBS... on... NAND!!

ACL, do eeeet. Along with everything else .
Old 12-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD500)
Carrier: Megafon

YkureniY is a n00b

How to disable notification LED, guys? Does anyone know?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YkureniY View Post
How to disable notification LED, guys? Does anyone know?
Right now it's on for debugging purposes. This build still has SOD and other issues that need this enabled. When the bugs are squashed and this build becomes "noob friendly" if you will (streamlined, easier to flash, more stable, etc) then I'm sure it'll be set back to userland notifications.

Edit - although, ACL it might be nice to have a user-configurable setup... detule's app might help facilitate this in lieu of echo'ing values in adb.

Might be more trouble than it's worth :shrug:.

Speaking of which, can we have end call = home again? Might need some user-configurable method for this too as I'm sure some will want home to be send, or the win key, or whatever.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 12-11-2011 at 03:04 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Right now it's on for debugging purposes. This build still has SOD and other issues that need this enabled. When the bugs are squashed and this build becomes "noob friendly" if you will (streamlined, easier to flash, more stable, etc) then I'm sure it'll be set back to userland notifications.

Edit - although, ACL it might be nice to have a user-configurable setup... detule's app might help facilitate this in lieu of echo'ing values in adb.

Might be more trouble than it's worth :shrug:.

Speaking of which, can we have end call = home again? Might need some user-configurable method for this too as I'm sure some will want home to be send, or the win key, or whatever.
Light will remain on end of story. Consider it a dummy light for you guys to determine if the phone is sleeping or not. If it was off, then when i asked " hey was the phone asleep.. ".. the asnwer ill get "duhh.. i dont know.. how would i know?" .. well thats why we have dummy lights.

scbs ? i doubt it. .27 is here until all the hardware init is discovered then to finalize .35 and that wont have sbcs. convince emwe ? lol

xirxes changed the buttons around. I guess its just a matter of switching a few values around in android. No recompile needed so i can ask him for a bunch of variations so peeps can use whatever they want.

i finally have a ts calibration app.. but i cant say too much about it yet.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:00 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Two catastrophic crashes today, unfortunately I was out the whole day.

Pulled logs and /proc/last_kmsg anyway, just in case. I found three /data/system/dropbox/system_last_kmsg files. Stupid me, I forgot they were UPPERCASE, so I might have been missing them previously.

First crash was around noon (11 hours ago). LED showed orange, panel was dark, no response from phone.

Second crash happened around 8:30pm, phone would not come out of sleep (SOD? - LED remained green regardless of power button activation).

ACL - I don't know if they'll show anything, but you're welcome to them.
hmm.. not much going on here. Actually the first log is of the charger lol.. i guess the last log picked up while your phone was charging. Are you sure the phone didnt power down and started charging ?
Old 12-11-2011, 06:03 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Fixed mms issue (apn sticks) now no need to use separate app (gosms) to set mms apn...confirmed working on. Tested only on sprint since I have the carrier
Add this to your build.prop
I have made several changes to my build.prop don't know if this was the exact code that made it work, too late going to bed will try from scratch tomorrow.

ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-sprint-us
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=31000
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint

If you don't see the sprint apn after restart go and search for network operators after a while exit out of it(will never exit out of searching, will need to back out manually) go to apn settings and you should see the Sprint apn and just edit necessary values and save. In my case I had 2 named Sprint and one that said USSC. I deleted all but one, edit saved and viola got pic...

this is interesting. do you have the sim card on your phone? My apn shows ATT since i have an ATT sim for testing. But my cdma is on boost.

Also you on the latest ril ?
Old 12-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
No sim card, old ril
Edit: was under impression "test" ril was for gsm folks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development