PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
the supercharger script doesnt seem to start after a reboot for me.

in the script manager i have run as root and run at boot selected as directed by the instructions.

You have the script in /data/ run at boot, not the one in /sdcard, right? It should create a file, 99SuperCharger.sh or something like that in /data. That's what you want to run at boot...
Old 10-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Hey is anyone else having wifi issues ?
Old 10-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Hey is anyone else having wifi issues ?
Did the wifi-nvram trick not work...?

Wifi should work out of the box. Did you try deleting the modules, forcing new ones to be pulled on boot...?
Old 10-03-2011, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You have the script in /data/ run at boot, not the one in /sdcard, right? It should create a file, 99SuperCharger.sh or something like that in /data. That's what you want to run at boot...
thank you good sir that was it.

thanks for your time. i will be staying with this android build for a while!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 AM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Did the wifi-nvram trick not work...?

Wifi should work out of the box. Did you try deleting the modules, forcing new ones to be pulled on boot...?
well , as you said it should work out of the box . so I started over , reformat , redownload , brand new everything , still a bust . I'll try the nvram option now . but I was wondering if anyone experienced any issues . guess I'm the only retard xP

EDIT: just tried both methods . getting permission denied . where can I find dev tools ? I tried the market but didn't find it . so I used terminal emulator .

Last edited by elesbb; 10-03-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
well , as you said it should work out of the box . so I started over , reformat , redownload , brand new everything , still a bust . I'll try the nvram option now . but I was wondering if anyone experienced any issues . guess I'm the only retard xP

EDIT: just tried both methods . getting permission denied . where can I find dev tools ? I tried the market but didn't find it . so I used terminal emulator .
Terminal emulator is fine. Any terminal app is fine in fact... I like ConnectBot myself.

Make sure you "su" before doing any of the commands. This elevates your rights to root (super user).

No, you're obviously not the only one with wifi problems - but not many have to do the wifi-nvram trick. If you were the only one, there wouldn't be these steps well documented in the FAQ...
Old 10-03-2011, 10:59 AM

QUOTE=arrrghhh;2148365]Terminal emulator is fine. Any terminal app is fine in fact... I like ConnectBot myself.

Make sure you "su" before doing any of the commands. This elevates your rights to root (super user).

No, you're obviously not the only one with wifi problems - but not many have to do the wifi-nvram trick. If you were the only one, there wouldn't be these steps well documented in the FAQ... [/QUOTE]

well thanks for making me feel a little better about this xP lol . i feel retarded , honestly xP . but
here are the commands exactly as i typed them in terminal emulator,
Code:
su cp /sdcard/wifi-nvram.txt /data/wifi-nvram.txt
for the nvram trick (obviously xP)

and
Code:
su mount -o remount,rw /system find /lib/modules/ -type | -delete
to delete the modules . i recreated my data.img and i'll attempt it again . ensuring i give the app su rights . but im sure i did
Old 10-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
well thanks for making me feel a little better about this xP lol . i feel retarded , honestly xP . but
here are the commands exactly as i typed them in terminal emulator,
Code:
su cp /sdcard/wifi-nvram.txt /data/wifi-nvram.txt
for the nvram trick (obviously xP)

and
Code:
su mount -o remount,rw /system find /lib/modules/ -type | -delete
to delete the modules . i recreated my data.img and i'll attempt it again . ensuring i give the app su rights . but im sure i did
The "su" and "cp" should be on separate lines.

So
Code:
su
Then enter. You'll see the prompt change (from $ to # - indicating the elevated privileges), then do the cp command. Obviously this is assuming you've placed the wifi-nvram.txt file at the root of your SD card.

Same goes for the other command. su needs to go on its own line...
Old 10-03-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
The "su" and "cp" should be on separate lines.

So
Code:
su
Then enter. You'll see the prompt change (from $ to # - indicating the elevated privileges), then do the cp command. Obviously this is assuming you've placed the wifi-nvram.txt file at the root of your SD card.

Same goes for the other command. su needs to go on its own line...
yes I then realised that once I figured out what su meant . got WiFi working with the nvram trick ! thanks for everything ! now I wonder why script manager says I am not able to access the data directory to assign the script to run at start up . ugh one after another xP
Old 10-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
yes I then realised that once I figured out what su meant . got WiFi working with the nvram trick ! thanks for everything ! now I wonder why script manager says I am not able to access the data directory to assign the script to run at start up . ugh one after another xP
Need to make sure in Script Manager's setting that "browse as root" is enabled...

Glad you got wifi workin.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development