PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
yeruhi, .......you didn't take a screenshot of where the path is - if you have it in ANY folder, you have to specify rel_path in your startup.txt. Please put everything at the root of your SD card (no folders!!) and try again.

Also, why do you have two rootfs.img's?!? That's not right either.
Didnt even think about the location , just assumed him being a n00b would have put everything directly on the root of the sd card . and yeah i saw the two rootfs.img files but since the one has a bunch of other stuff in the file name wouldnt that keep it from being used ?
Old 10-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Didnt even think about the location , just assumed him being a n00b would have put everything directly on the root of the sd card . and yeah i saw the two rootfs.img files but since the one has a bunch of other stuff in the file name wouldnt that keep it from being used ?
Yes, the gibberish would prevent it from being used. Just thought it was odd he had two...
Old 10-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Yes, the gibberish would prevent it from being used. Just thought it was odd he had two...
yeah almost looks like he was trying different options to fix his problems
Old 10-07-2011, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 Vindows plutonium Rom
Carrier: sprint

cganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have been using this regularly. so far i like it a lot. my question is about GSM. I am planning to goto India end of the month, i will use my phone there but get a local pre-paid sim card.. will this work in GSM mode? anybody tried it?

appreciate your input/help
Old 10-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cganesh75 View Post
I have been using this regularly. so far i like it a lot. my question is about GSM. I am planning to goto India end of the month, i will use my phone there but get a local pre-paid sim card.. will this work in GSM mode? anybody tried it?

appreciate your input/help
Yup, should work pretty well in fact. We even have an interface in the UI to control the network mode now .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 Vindows plutonium Rom
Carrier: sprint

cganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Yup, should work pretty well in fact. We even have an interface in the UI to control the network mode now .
thanks arrrghhh.. what setting is that?
Old 10-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cganesh75 View Post
thanks arrrghhh.. what setting is that?
Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks. You can choose what it is set to.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work

So is there a solution to get the phone to usb tether with windows7?

I had tried in the past, but saw it was a general problem.

I just reset into wm6.5 and tether, but this port of Android does every thing else I need (and so much better than wm). I would love to abandon wm for good in the near future.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovius View Post
So is there a solution to get the phone to usb tether with windows7?

I had tried in the past, but saw it was a general problem.

I just reset into wm6.5 and tether, but this port of Android does every thing else I need (and so much better than wm). I would love to abandon wm for good in the near future.
Of course.

Plug in the phone. Then enable USB tethering in Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Tethering & Portable hotspot.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

hm, was slowly running out of room on android data.img so I made a 1.5gb one for more room .

Anyways, though I'd share it with people, not hard to make but easier to download plus it's a small download since it's blank. Yes it's 1.5gb after you uncompress it, if someone is looking at the size

arrrrgggg I still cant figure out that market place thing where the old apps are showing. I'm looking for a newer market to download and try but no luck yet
Attached Files
File Type: 7z blank data.img [1.5gb].7z (225.2 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development