PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
D'oh, I forgot all about this.

Thanks... I keep forgetting most other builds require you to partition the card .

elesbb - if you partitioned the card, no_partitions is required lest XDAndroid tries to use those partitions (our rootfs is setup to handle partitions if they are present).
alright i'll try that but when i was trying to run neopeeks build i got the same problem .
Old 09-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
alright i'll try that but when i was trying to run neopeeks build i got the same problem .
To run any CWM-based build you need to partition your card, which will wreak havoc with the default XDAndroid system, since it will attempt to use the partitions.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:08 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
To run any CWM-based build you need to partition your card, which will wreak havoc with the default XDAndroid system, since it will attempt to use the partitions.
I deleted all partitions though . and I added the line no_partitions to the end of the commands in the parenthesis . and while booting I paid close attention and this seemed fishy :
Code:
Mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0pl on /card0 failed: invalid argument
Failed
Failed to mount the sd card cannot continue
Old 09-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I deleted all partitions though . and I added the line no_partitions to the end of the commands in the parenthesis . and while booting I paid close attention and this seemed fishy :
Code:
Mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0pl on /card0 failed: invalid argument
Failed
Failed to mount the sd card cannot continue
Ah.

I would say you deleted all the partitions (without creating a new one that's FAT32).

How are you partitioning the card..?

If that's the case, I don't know how you loaded anything onto the card... Hop on #XDAndroid on freenode if you have some time - would make troubleshooting this a heckuva lot easier on all IMHO.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Ah.

I would say you deleted all the partitions (without creating a new one that's FAT32).

How are you partitioning the card..?

If that's the case, I don't know how you loaded anything onto the card... Hop on #XDAndroid on freenode if you have some time - would make troubleshooting this a heckuva lot easier on all IMHO.
well I did create another and format in fat32 (at least I thought I did it shows up in windows and in windows mobile) and ill get on there than thanks dude !
Old 09-29-2011, 06:15 PM

oh and I used mini tool partition wizard
Old 09-29-2011, 06:17 PM

btw how do I do this ...... Hop on#XDAndroid on freenode ..
Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
well I did create another and format in fat32 (at least I thought I did it shows up in windows and in windows mobile) and ill get on there than thanks dude !
Hrm, yea I didn't really think that one thru. You'd have to be able to see the partition in order to even try booting... bleh.

Well, might want to pillage using the HP Tool - that will not only format your card, but should also get rid of extra partitions, etc.

Quote:
btw how do I do this ...... Hop on#XDAndroid on freenode ..
Sorry.

You need an IRC client, or freenode webchat. Then join #XDAndroid...

If you're on IRC a lot you'll want to register a nickname. This isn't required to just pop in and chat tho.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Hrm, yea I didn't really think that one thru. You'd have to be able to see the partition in order to even try booting... bleh.

Well, might want to pillage using the HP Tool - that will not only format your card, but should also get rid of extra partitions, etc.

Sorry.

You need an IRC client, or freenode webchat. Then join #XDAndroid...

If you're on IRC a lot you'll want to register a nickname. This isn't required to just pop in and chat tho.
im getting on now .

how do i reply ? lol
Old 09-30-2011, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Picked up a used sprint tp2 today, and in WM the keyboard and screen both seem to work fine. When I load FRX071 up the screen is very under sensitive where I have to beat it before it registers. The keyboard is super sensitive and will repeat keys unless just quickly and lightly tapped. Anyone seen this behavior before?
I did try redoing the screen alignment at boot, and it helped a tiny bit.
I will probably try rebuilding the whole thing from the zip files, but I though I would ask first.
Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development