PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

3 days later after installing a fresh build, the phone has become sluggish

the only apps ive installed are: facebook, astro file browser, and ran the usual updates for marketplace / youtube / google maps etc.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Picked up a used sprint tp2 today, and in WM the keyboard and screen both seem to work fine. When I load FRX071 up the screen is very under sensitive where I have to beat it before it registers. The keyboard is super sensitive and will repeat keys unless just quickly and lightly tapped. Anyone seen this behavior before?
I did try redoing the screen alignment at boot, and it helped a tiny bit.
I will probably try rebuilding the whole thing from the zip files, but I though I would ask first.
Thanks.
Well, there was an old issue with keys repeating - but that's gone (you are on FRX07.1 right? ). Linux handles the keyboard differently tho, do NOT hold down any keys.

As for the touchscreen, no clue... sensitivity has not been a problem for me. Is there a screen protector on it or something else that might be interfering? I know you said it's fine in WinMo, but for me the touchscreen works way better in Android than it does in WinMo. Also haven't heard anyone complain about the touchscreen (other than calibration) in probably over a year, at least. That was one of the first things sorted way back when this project started .
Old 09-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
3 days later after installing a fresh build, the phone has become sluggish

the only apps ive installed are: facebook, astro file browser, and ran the usual updates for marketplace / youtube / google maps etc.
See my Speed Improvements thread. Honestly the minfree settings do WONDERS. Topic 5, the SuperCharger script stuff. I set mine to the first "megaRAM" setting and it's amazing.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Well, there was an old issue with keys repeating - but that's gone (you are on FRX07.1 right? ). Linux handles the keyboard differently tho, do NOT hold down any keys.

As for the touchscreen, no clue... sensitivity has not been a problem for me. Is there a screen protector on it or something else that might be interfering? I know you said it's fine in WinMo, but for me the touchscreen works way better in Android than it does in WinMo. Also haven't heard anyone complain about the touchscreen (other than calibration) in probably over a year, at least. That was one of the first things sorted way back when this project started .
Yes. FRX07.1
I downloaded and freshly built one from the zips, and it helped a tiny bit but it is still not usable. There is sadly no screen protector. The screen has been roughed up by keys and the like a bit. I am not holding down the keys. They just act like I am. 1 press usually ends up in a 10 of whatever I press. I think it will just go back onto craigslist for the $50 I have in it, and it can make a WM user happy. Just not my week.

I picked this unit up because my original TP2 cracked it's screen, and I was going to use it till I fixed my nicer one. The nicer one I have runs just fine in android or WM. It's so odd that my scuffed up one is having these odd touch screen and keyboard errors.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:18 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Yes. FRX07.1
I downloaded and freshly built one from the zips, and it helped a tiny bit but it is still not usable. There is sadly no screen protector. The screen has been roughed up by keys and the like a bit. I am not holding down the keys. They just act like I am. 1 press usually ends up in a 10 of whatever I press. I think it will just go back onto craigslist for the $50 I have in it, and it can make a WM user happy. Just not my week.

I picked this unit up because my original TP2 cracked it's screen, and I was going to use it till I fixed my nicer one. The nicer one I have runs just fine in android or WM. It's so odd that my scuffed up one is having these odd touch screen and keyboard errors.
Bummer.

I had a donor RHOD that the touchscreen wouldn't really work at all in landscape mode - but only in Android. Touchscreen was fine in WinMo...

I'm not sure why, but I'd bet there's some hardware issues with both these devices. The donor is an "identical" device to my normal RHOD, so it's quite baffling.

Good luck.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

domoarigato is a n00b

thanks for the help arrrghhh, ill look into the minifree / supercharger script.

one last thing, is there any way to uninstall the stock froyo gallery? i am using another one and i dont want two galleries to clutter up my phone. i tried uninstalling from /system/app but it doest seem to want to let me remove it

Last edited by domoarigato; 10-01-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: arrrghhh
Old 10-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
thanks for the help arrrghhh, ill look into the minifree / supercharger script.

one last thing, is there any way to uninstall the stock froyo gallery? i am using another one and i dont want two galleries to clutter up my phone. i tried uninstalling from /system/app but it doest seem to want to let me remove it
Yea, you'd probably have to su and actually rm it from /system/app...
Old 10-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Yea, you'd probably have to su and actually rm it from /system/app...
hey quick question on the scripts , how do i know if they are running ? and is the 3g turbocharger script worth running ? thanks for all your help !
Old 10-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
hey quick question on the scripts , how do i know if they are running ? and is the 3g turbocharger script worth running ? thanks for all your help !
How do you know if they're running...?

Well if you read the SuperCharger thread, there's a few ways. Easiest to see the OOM settings is in Manage Applications. To see the minfree settings, the only thing I can think of could be to cat out the minfree values, to see if they are applied.

Assuming you followed my directions, it should be running on boot - the section about using Script Manager will reapply the settings on boot. This isn't ideal, as it gets applied well into the boot process - eventually I believe the developers will try to find a sweet spot and apply these minfree values globally.

You can try the other kernel booster & 3g booster scripts... I doubt they'll do much. I didn't bother with the 3g scripts myself. I tried the kernel script, and I didn't notice much of any change.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

domoarigato is a n00b

the supercharger script doesnt seem to start after a reboot for me.

in the script manager i have run as root and run at boot selected as directed by the instructions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development