PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Quick question:

Would having a verizon radio flashed to a sprint phone prevent me from booting into android ? thats the only thing i can think of keeping me from doing so . ive never had any problems booting android before i know what im doing but yet it keeps staying in the cmd line mode after launching haret.exe . i get the two vibes but thats it then . ive reformated my card a million and two times and redownloaded the full package a million and three times . any ideas ?
I'm on the VZ radio (flashed to a Sprint phone) and boot Android no problems.

Gotta be something else... this was happening on my RAPH the other day, and I just replaced everything and it started booting again. I was helping to test some crap, and somehow ended up with a phone that didn't boot... Broke down and just ended up replacing everything and it started booting again.

So you get the double vibe... but no flying text or tux symbols? Does the screen just freeze? Are you using kernels from the autobuild service? .27 kernels? Anything else change on your phone?
Old 09-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I'm on the VZ radio (flashed to a Sprint phone) and boot Android no problems.

Gotta be something else... this was happening on my RAPH the other day, and I just replaced everything and it started booting again. I was helping to test some crap, and somehow ended up with a phone that didn't boot... Broke down and just ended up replacing everything and it started booting again.
Yeah didnt think the radio would affect it .. bleh i'll just start over like you said .

Quote:
So you get the double vibe... but no flying text or tux symbols? Does the screen just freeze? Are you using kernels from the autobuild service? .27 kernels? Anything else change on your phone?
Guess i shoulda said i get the text and everything but then it slows at one spot then keeps repeating , what i would call , a loop . and im using everything from your download . nothing else . btw thanks arrrgghhh for all you do around here ! wish i could get into it with ya but im still lovin WinMo for now my time is devoted there right now . but i thank you for all you do ! i just redownloaded everything and will try again in a few moments
Old 09-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Guess i shoulda said i get the text and everything but then it slows at one spot then keeps repeating , what i would call , a loop . and im using everything from your download . nothing else . btw thanks arrrgghhh for all you do around here ! wish i could get into it with ya but im still lovin WinMo for now my time is devoted there right now . but i thank you for all you do ! i just redownloaded everything and will try again in a few moments
Oh. Then you either forgot ts-calibration, or you don't have rel_path= set correctly (if everything is in a folder).

I've been using Android 24/7 for... almost a year now. It was painful at first, but it's gotten downright pleasurable lately. Almost all the issues (I have) are resolved. There's still some outlying problems that would be nice to fix (really hoping for prox soon...) but it will all come in time. So long as we still have developers interested in working on it .
Old 09-29-2011, 01:02 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Oh. Then you either forgot ts-calibration, or you don't have rel_path= set correctly (if everything is in a folder).

I've been using Android 24/7 for... almost a year now. It was painful at first, but it's gotten downright pleasurable lately. Almost all the issues (I have) are resolved. There's still some outlying problems that would be nice to fix (really hoping for prox soon...) but it will all come in time. So long as we still have developers interested in working on it .

yeah i do have ts-calibration , from your first thread, also i thought that was my problem having it in a folder so i just downloaded now formatted fat32 and ran haret while having everything on the root of my sd card . and still a no go . this keeps coming up . its a lot of text so i just shortened it to the last thing
Code:
[  838.030426] r5:00000000 r4:00000000
it just keeps doing that . ugh
Old 09-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
yeah i do have ts-calibration , from your first thread, also i thought that was my problem having it in a folder so i just downloaded now formatted fat32 and ran haret while having everything on the root of my sd card . and still a no go . this keeps coming up . its a lot of text so i just shortened it to the last thing
Code:
That's way far into the boot process. Try to watch the screen and see where else it goes awry.

Does it create a data.img file? What type of SD card are you using? Haven't you booted before...? Have you tried a different SD? You're extracting the ts-calibration file - there should be no file extension on that file, just ts-calibration.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
That's way far into the boot process. Try to watch the screen and see where else it goes awry.

Does it create a data.img file? What type of SD card are you using? Haven't you booted before...? Have you tried a different SD? You're extracting the ts-calibration file - there should be no file extension on that file, just ts-calibration.
Its a micro sd pny 2gb . and nope no data.img file gets created . and yes ive booted 100s of times before . and if i let it go further it keeps doing the r5 r6 thing but the numbers grow on the left . this sucks man .

Last edited by elesbb; 09-29-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:45 PM

any idea on what to do ? does your package include the new haret that i needed for the other build ?
Old 09-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Its a micro sd pny 2gb . and nope no data.img file gets created . and yes ive booted 100s of times before . and if i let it go further it keeps doing the r5 r6 thing but the numbers grow on the left . this sucks man .
Quote:
any idea on what to do ? does your package include the new haret that i needed for the other build ?
The only things that would prevent booting like that would be a SD card that isn't picked up, a rootfs that isn't picked up (because it doesn't exist, or rel_path= not set if it's not at the root) or ts-calibration is missing.

I guess there could be some other reasons, but those are the only reasons I can think of now. So investigate those things deeply. Something is awry there.

No, you only need the new haret/init offset if you're on a kernel that's not autobuild. If you're using the bundle from the first post without any changes, it should "just work".

Have you noticed any other lines in the boot process? Does anything else stick out before it starts spitting out those same lines over and over? Have you tried touching the screen to ensure it's not waiting on you to calibrate?

Do you have adb setup? Just curious how far into the boot process it is getting.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt
Carrier: AT&T

vinceweis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
. this keeps coming up . its a lot of text so i just shortened it to the last thing
Code:
If I recall, I got that when I had partitions on the SD card. I added no_partitions to the command line in startup and it booted fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceweis View Post
If I recall, I got that when I had partitions on the SD card. I added no_partitions to the command line in startup and it booted fine.
D'oh, I forgot all about this.

Thanks... I keep forgetting most other builds require you to partition the card .

elesbb - if you partitioned the card, no_partitions is required lest XDAndroid tries to use those partitions (our rootfs is setup to handle partitions if they are present).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development