PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikr View Post
I don't get reboots in WinMo. Only when I've been in Android for a while and put phone away (either pocket or backpack), then after a little while when I go to get my phone, I'll find it back in WinMo. Or sometimes it'll be stuck on the black screen of death (where the screen is black, the backlight is on, but buttons don't do anything). In that case I have to hit the reset button to get back to WinMo and then re-run Haret.

Otherwise the stability does seem to be getting better. I used to get more frequent "soft" resets (animated Android logo), but not so much anymore.

I do appreciate all your (and other's) hard work. I wasn't trying to be a complainer, just wanted to make sure I'm monitoring the right thread to get the latest stuff.

Thanks for the reply.
I don't mind your comments, I don't think you're a 'complainer' .

Anyhoo, re-reading my post I'm not sure where I wasn't clear - reboots to WinMo = you were in Android, and next you look at your phone it's in WinMo. It's not a reboot within WinMo, it's a reboot to WinMo. Hopefully that is clear, but from your description we are on the same page.

Without seeing any logs from these reboots, I would just hazard a guess and suggest trying a different SD card.

As for the SoD's where the screen is black and nothing (and I mean NOTHING) will wake it back up - it doesn't respond to usb/adb connections, sliding the phone doesn't work, etc - most of these lockups are related to the RIL, which there is a new RIL in testing that has almost completely resolved this issue.

I'm hoping the new RIL will get integrated soon, as that will be a big boost to the system for everyone. Lots was changing with the RIL frequently, but I think it's almost "done". I will post an update to this build when it's all integrated, you can rest assured of that .
Old 04-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

MarkG34 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I approve of this post .

I post the most 'stable' stuff for everyone - however there is a lot of testing stuff flying around currently. I'm trying to pull all the merge requests and test them, and it seems like stinebd has accepted most if not all of them - so we should have some pretty big updates in the pipeline.

I also don't do small incremental updates - sorry. Not much has changed in the autobuild-realm of things which is what I make these builds off of. New stuff is in the pipeline, please be patient!
Thanks for all the hard work, and greatly appreciate you pulling all the pieces parts together for us! I am currently enjoying playing with FRX06.... you have brought new life to my TP2
Old 04-28-2011, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I am getting multiple reboots here. I've been using this for about 4 hours now and already had my device reboot 3 times.

I must be doing something...
Old 04-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I am getting multiple reboots here. I've been using this for about 4 hours now and already had my device reboot 3 times.

I must be doing something...
Any apps installed? This is from a fresh install of the build? Do you have another SD card to try? Have you changed anything from what's in the bundle?
Old 04-29-2011, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

chunnel is just getting started

Just thought I'd check in and see when the next full update might be released and if that would include working BT. Also, if I'm asking a duplicate question, I apologize as I don't have time right now to review the thread for the answer to this question, but I'm having difficulty getting exchange server to sync with Android. It works fine with my Outlook and my MightyRom on my TP2, but nothings seems to work on Froyo. Any thoughts?
Old 04-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
Just thought I'd check in and see when the next full update might be released and if that would include working BT. Also, if I'm asking a duplicate question, I apologize as I don't have time right now to review the thread for the answer to this question, but I'm having difficulty getting exchange server to sync with Android. It works fine with my Outlook and my MightyRom on my TP2, but nothings seems to work on Froyo. Any thoughts?
BT probably isn't going to be functional in the next release. Gonna be a while before that's working it seems.

Exchange, dunno. Google Sync works great. If you have a corporate Exchange server, you might want to talk to the admin. Again, I don't have an Exchange server to test with, but Google Sync works great.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

Milker is a n00b

Exchange works great for me. Getting the settings correct was the hard part.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt 2
Carrier: ICE Celular

Joe Bleau is a n00b
Question FRX06 - No Data Connection - Carrier Provisioning - Costa Rica

Thank you devs for FRX06, my first Android experience & fun to play with on my Tilt 2.

I searched the FAQ & this thread for Data Connection and Carrier Provisioning to no avail. I live in Costa Rica and my carrier is ICE Celular (the only network in the country @ the present, same band specs as AT&T), using EDGE for data which works fine in WM 6.5.3. I dunno how to get data connection working in FRX06, browser & Gmail app says no data connection.

Using WiFi browser works fine as well as Gmail app. On Home I can see my carrier's name.

Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Data is enabled. Network operators > it auto searches but does not show the carrier's name. Is that normal? Also tried Select automatically and it says "Registered on network" but still no data joy. Also tried "Use only 2G networks" as I don't have a 3G account, still no go. I rebooted after selecting the settins & still "No network connection".

Other questions: is it possible not to have to slide to unlock every time the screen turns off? I did not see any option for that in Set up screen lock.

Looking for suggestions for a good task manager & a widget to show free RAM available on the taskbar.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work
Re: FRX06 - No Data Connection - Carrier Provisioning - Costa Rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bleau View Post
Thank you devs for FRX06, my first Android experience & fun to play with on my Tilt 2.

I searched the FAQ & this thread for Data Connection and Carrier Provisioning to no avail. I live in Costa Rica and my carrier is ICE Celular (the only network in the country @ the present, same band specs as AT&T), using EDGE for data which works fine in WM 6.5.3. I dunno how to get data connection working in FRX06, browser & Gmail app says no data connection.

Using WiFi browser works fine as well as Gmail app. On Home I can see my carrier's name.

Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Data is enabled. Network operators > it auto searches but does not show the carrier's name. Is that normal? Also tried Select automatically and it says "Registered on network" but still no data joy. Also tried "Use only 2G networks" as I don't have a 3G account, still no go. I rebooted after selecting the settins & still "No network connection".

Other questions: is it possible not to have to slide to unlock every time the screen turns off? I did not see any option for that in Set up screen lock.

Looking for suggestions for a good task manager & a widget to show free RAM available on the taskbar.
are you using the correct startup.txt for the Tilt 2? should be something like this:

Code:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 force_cdma=0 pm.sleep_mode=1 physkeyboard=tilt2"
boot
also, in the same settings section you mentioned, there is "APN Settings" which you can add your provider's info
Old 05-01-2011, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bionic
Carrier: Verizon

86shelby is just getting started
Re: FRX06 - No Data Connection - Carrier Provisioning - Costa Rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bleau View Post

Don't worry about free RAM with froyo, it is irrelevant.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development