PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

I boot up... it works... but I have a tiny virtual keyboard on the top of my screen that does nothing and doesn't go away. I've tried a brief search here and on the FAQ but came up short?

Any ideas or is it bluntly in my face but I'm overseeing it?

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:08 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mswezey View Post
I boot up... it works... but I have a tiny virtual keyboard on the top of my screen that does nothing and doesn't go away. I've tried a brief search here and on the FAQ but came up short?

Thanks!

pull your SD, erase everything, re install and reboot. sprint on frx06 works great.
I'm getting 92 free mem on SR and 60 after cache (skype, aloqa, latitude and about 10 others)

after first boot, let it go through....don't touch anything for at least 10 min...then, open up everything---take your time (it will take quite a while to open every program)...open market last and let it update (4-5 min)...then DL everything you want and open them...again, take your time.... highly advise anvancedkiller (in android aps---have to dl astro file explorer first)...open every new program you've DL....then SR...TAKE YOUR TIME----THIS TAKES A WHILE.

also, what is your rom you are using and what is your PP??? I find dropping PP to 0 (dynamic)is best....
Old 03-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
pull your SD, erase everything, re install and reboot. sprint on frx06 works great.
I'm getting 92 free mem on SR and 60 after cache (skype, aloqa, latitude and about 10 others)

after first boot, let it go through....don't touch anything for at least 10 min...then, open up everything---take your time (it will take quite a while to open every program)...open market last and let it update (4-5 min)...then DL everything you want and open them...again, take your time.... highly advise anvancedkiller (in android aps---have to dl astro file explorer first)...open every new program you've DL....then SR...TAKE YOUR TIME----THIS TAKES A WHILE.

also, what is your rom you are using and what is your PP??? I find dropping PP to 0 (dynamic)is best....
What?!? No offense, but none of this applies to his problem. You're just using the shotgun effect, which I guess can be useful . But not in this case .

Quote:

Thanks!
So there's a startup.txt option - that should be included in all my startup.txt's - which startup.txt are you using?

The option I speak of is
Code:
msmvkeyb_toggle=off
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Finally, a handsome looking dialer

Sent from my FRX06-ized TP2
Old 03-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
What?!? No offense, but none of this applies to his problem. You're just using the shotgun effect, which I guess can be useful . But not in this case .

So there's a startup.txt option - that should be included in all my startup.txt's - which startup.txt are you using?

The option I speak of is
Code:
msmvkeyb_toggle=off
I reformatted my SD before doing the install, so that shouldn't be the problem

I've looked at my startup file and it does have this:
Code:
msmvkeyb_toggle=off
and it is off.

I assumed that was the code for the vkeyb (virtual keyboard) but it is already set to off so that's throwing me off on why it is still there.

It did this to me on the FRX05 and the 06
I'm using startup for the sprint tp2, the rhod400.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I reformatted my SD before doing the install, so that shouldn't be the problem

I've looked at my startup file and it does have this:
Code:
msmvkeyb_toggle=off
and it is off.

I assumed that was the code for the vkeyb (virtual keyboard) but it is already set to off so that's throwing me off on why it is still there.

It did this to me on the FRX05 and the 06
I'm using startup for the sprint tp2, the rhod400.
So you're using the startup.txt provided in the bundle?

Did you modify anything or just drop the build on a clean SD?

I'd have to think you changed something, as no one else has reported this issue .
Old 03-28-2011, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:

Thanks!
Are you overclocking under winmo? That looks like a symptom you're talking about. I did this when I first used android so it just hung with the "taskbar" kb showing. Turn off overclocking under winmo.

Edit: nevermind I misread ur description. Thought you said it hung with the kb showing. My bad.

Sent from my FRX05-ized TP2

Last edited by ndno; 03-28-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
So you're using the startup.txt provided in the bundle?

Did you modify anything or just drop the build on a clean SD?

I'd have to think you changed something, as no one else has reported this issue .
Yes I am.

The only change I made was adding the command line

rel_path=FRX06

as the whole system lies in that folder.

Other than that, it's been unchanged.

I'm not overclocking under winmo either.

Just running the latest Energy Rom.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yes I am.

The only change I made was adding the command line

rel_path=FRX06

as the whole system lies in that folder.

Other than that, it's been unchanged.

I'm not overclocking under winmo either.

Just running the latest Energy Rom.
So you run haret.exe from the FRX06 folder?

I'm baffled, perhaps you could take a screenshot of the kb? I haven't seen that thing in forever, and that line in your startup.txt should be the only thing that determines it.

Perhaps paste or attach your startup.txt... Honestly that should be the only thing that controls that virtual kb.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
So you run haret.exe from the FRX06 folder?

I'm baffled, perhaps you could take a screenshot of the kb? I haven't seen that thing in forever, and that line in your startup.txt should be the only thing that determines it.

Perhaps paste or attach your startup.txt... Honestly that should be the only thing that controls that virtual kb.
Yes I run the haret.exe from the FRX06 folder

I'll get right on it!

here's the startup.txt file... getting the screenshot next
Attached Files
File Type: txt startup.txt (244 Bytes, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Mswezey; 03-28-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development