PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnpmoney45 View Post
I have a problem i did this process and now my text msges pop up in Chinese at first it was ok but now they all pop up in Chinese? and my notification light is on amber all the time and no vibration/sound when i receive a text msg? please help n thank you in advance
Uhm.. so all your texts pop up in Chinese? Did you change the IME input or something!?!

LED indicates sleep, read the FAQ.

You need to make sure you have it set to vibe in the messaging settings, and in general settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Gremlin75 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob6722 View Post
Thanks! This works much better than powering off the phone to get back into Windows. Love having Android on my Windows phone but still needed access to some of my Windows apps.
I use Fast Reboot when I just want to reset the Android environment, and Quick Boot when I want to reboot to WinMo. Both work great - the nice thing about Fast Reboot is that after running it, apps seem to respond more quickly (perhaps the freed memory helps?). Both are available on the Market...just search for each title.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touc Pro 2

dnpmoney45 is a n00b

Well i didnt change the IME input at all because now only some msges which i receive are in chinese. at first i thought it was whenever i had the qwerty keyboard open but now it seems as though its whenever im installing or downloading an app or have app market open when receiving a message. Sry bout the LED thing i jus got kinda worried bout the Chinese msges thing that i posted the LED thing also. Any other help is gladly appreciated!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnpmoney45 View Post
Well i didnt change the IME input at all because now only some msges which i receive are in chinese. at first i thought it was whenever i had the qwerty keyboard open but now it seems as though its whenever im installing or downloading an app or have app market open when receiving a message. Sry bout the LED thing i jus got kinda worried bout the Chinese msges thing that i posted the LED thing also. Any other help is gladly appreciated!
I'm assuming you're getting texts with some weird character encoding, and it's handling it poorly. I need more information from you, and probably some logs.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

arrrghhh, I came across this as I was modding my G Tablet: [STICKY][Patch][Rom]Malware Exploit for all pre-Gingerbread devices - xda-developers

The Mother Of All Android Malware Has Arrived: Stolen Apps Released To The Market That Root Your Phone, Steal Your Data, And Open Backdoor | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

Supposedly all "pre-Gingerbread" devices are vulnerable. So if you install one of the apks listed, it can steal info from your TP2.

I see that there's a fix here for the Epic: [Patch]Malware Exploit for all pre-Gingerbread phones - xda-developers. Not sure if it's the same for the TP2 we're using:

Quote:
As you can see androidpolice.com reports on this backdoor and roots and steals personal information. The apps are removed from the market but that doesn't mean they got them all. Attached is a flashable fix as suggested by androidpolice.com

So users can flash this .zip or simply create a blank file called profile and place it in /system/bin/ (developers are encouraged to include this file in future releases. A blank file is not going to affect performance at all)

Alternate methods:

Using 'adb shell' or terminal emulator (should work on any ROOTED phone) as suggest by xaueious here
Code:
$ su
su
# remount rw
Remounting /system (/dev/stl9) in read/write mode
# touch /system/bin/profile
# chmod 644 /system/bin/profile
#
Alternate 2:
Download blank profile file from here (or create one and name it profile)
Use a program like Root Explorer to copy it to /system/bin/
Then longpress on it and check the permissions should be read/write for user, read for group, and read for others.

Alternate 3:
cyansmoker has put together an apk for the patch here https://market.android.com/details?i...oiddreamkiller

Thanks for pointing this out photoframd and androidpolice.com for investigating and reporting!
Should stinebd fix this on FRX06? Just something I saw. I don't have any of those apks listed installed but I'm going to fix it anyways on my phone just in case.

Last edited by ndno; 04-14-2011 at 09:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Should stinebd fix this on FRX06? Just something I saw. I don't have any of those apks listed installed but I'm going to fix it anyways on my phone.
Interesting. I don't have any of those apps installed either (LOL @ Screaming Sexy Japanese Girls BTW) but that is interesting. If there's a fix for a security hole it should probably be applied. I'll let him know, thanks!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

LunchBoX1775 is a n00b

i randomly had my default text message app go out earlier today and it kept making me force shut no matter what i did. did anybody else run into this issue? not sure what caused it but I'm just reinstalling android all over again now.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunchBoX1775 View Post
i randomly had my default text message app go out earlier today and it kept making me force shut no matter what i did. did anybody else run into this issue? not sure what caused it but I'm just reinstalling android all over again now.
For whatever reason every so often your data.img file will get corrupted and you need to blow out your data.img again. Unfortunately that means you've gotta set up all your apps again, so before you blow it out if you haven't already, you can back up all of your apps by downloading titanium backup from market and use it to backup all your apps and also to reload all your apps again. Makes it a little less painful. But you don't need to reinstall the entire build when that happens.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

LunchBoX1775 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
For whatever reason every so often your data.img file will get corrupted and you need to blow out your data.img again. Unfortunately that means you've gotta set up all your apps again, so before you blow it out if you haven't already, you can back up all of your apps by downloading titanium backup from market and use it to backup all your apps and also to reload all your apps again. Makes it a little less painful. But you don't need to reinstall the entire build when that happens.
are there any tutorials on how to do this? i have the corrupted android saved on another sd card because i didn't want to lose all my settings and apps i had saved. just don't like running windows mobile at all really so just using the normal android until i can fix the one i customized
Old 04-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunchBoX1775 View Post
are there any tutorials on how to do this? i have the corrupted android saved on another sd card because i didn't want to lose all my settings and apps i had saved. just don't like running windows mobile at all really so just using the normal android until i can fix the one i customized
For backing up with Titanium Backup? It's really not hard. Download the app, go to backup/restore tab, and hit menu-> batch. You'll see all the options you have there, do a full backup.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development