PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I did the same thing Ndno, used a rootfs I've been using that was modified by manekineko, Arrrghhh's FRX04 bundle, the FRX05 System.ext2 and this thing screams. Very nice, smooth, no issues other than a reboot after the original set up and since then no issues at all. Although I didn't modify the system.ext2, not sure how to do that without creating a disaster lol
Too bad it still has the horrible dialer we both hate.
I still didn't have the time to try to do a system.ext2 build from XDandroid, like arrrghhh suggested. Maybe then we can grab a dialer we like and put it in there.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Too bad it still has the horrible dialer we both hate.
I still didn't have the time to try to do a system.ext2 build from XDandroid, like arrrghhh suggested. Maybe then we can grab a dialer we like and put it in there.
Yeah I know about the dialer but I guess I can tolerate it for the stability in these builds.

I think I'm gonna grab the package you posted and give that one a shot too, although I have no issues with how I did it, I seem to be getting some messages about clusters needing to be resized or something or other, when booting and I never noticed them previously on FRX04, although it still boots fast and smooth and there's no issues when it running (as long as my airave is off). I turned off my old airave and didn't have issues, switch to the new one with EVDO data and had issues using the phone, dropped calls, etc, that everyone in my house had, so I switched on the older airave just to see what would happen and got a SOD lol. And when I tried to boot back again my startup.txt was 0B
Old 03-03-2011, 03:55 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Although I didn't modify the system.ext2, not sure how to do that without creating a disaster lol
Actually, this thread has a nice writeup using ADB or Android commander to modify the system.ext2 image: GUIDES & FAQs [Android]: ADB Workshop by Adrynalyne and Guide by Captainkrtek - xda-developers

For me, I mount that image under Ubuntu and hack away at it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:00 PM
VIP Member

Darn, tried to OC it to 700Mhz, kept restarting back to WinMo. Ok, I better back off and go back to 614Mhz.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's just one of those "random" restarts to WinMo. I'm back to 700Mhz!
Camera works really well; video work fine (no sound as people have mentioned) but quality is not great. No hang, my TP2 sleeps fine after using the camera app.

By the way, I forgot to include the Live Wallpaper Picker apk in the little FRX05 bundle I posted a few posts back so I'm re-uping it now. The official FRX05 doesn't come with one and I can't install it as a standalone apk so I'll put it in system.ext2, which works fine.

I was trying to get this cool VR Tunnel Live Wallpaper working but no luck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8pmhuWqREg
http://market.android.com/details?id...r.VRTunnelLite

Last edited by ndno; 03-03-2011 at 04:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:59 PM
VIP Member

Sorry for being off topic, but check out SlingPlayer Mobile on FRX05 on my TP2:

YouTube - SlingPlayer Mobile on Android FRX05 on Sprint TP2

Pretty decent...

LOL: I like the bit about Celebrity Apprentice at the end. All the buzz is around tiad8's upcoming latest releases so I'm trying to keep an interest in this thread.

Last edited by ndno; 03-03-2011 at 06:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Nice job Ndno!!! And thanks for that link, I'm gonna look at that and maybe take a jump into it, as long as you and arrrghhh are able to bail my ass outta trouble, lmao
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

toxendless is a n00b

I have everything set right on my verizon touch pro 2 and whenever I run haret.exe it runs through the booting and gets to a point that says kernal panic - not syncing. attempted to kill init! rebooting in 7 seconds. and then it soft resets.

Any ideas?

Last edited by toxendless; 03-03-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxendless View Post
I have everything set right on my verizon touch pro 2 and whenever I run haret.exe it runs through the booting and gets to a point that says kernal panic - not syncing. attempted to kill init! rebooting in 7 seconds. and then it soft resets.

Any ideas?
Well I guess since you have everything right it's pretty pointless for anyone to try to help you, now isn't it.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Darn, tried to OC it to 700Mhz, kept restarting back to WinMo. Ok, I better back off and go back to 614Mhz.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's just one of those "random" restarts to WinMo. I'm back to 700Mhz!
Camera works really well; video work fine (no sound as people have mentioned) but quality is not great. No hang, my TP2 sleeps fine after using the camera app.

By the way, I forgot to include the Live Wallpaper Picker apk in the little FRX05 bundle I posted a few posts back so I'm re-uping it now. The official FRX05 doesn't come with one and I can't install it as a standalone apk so I'll put it in system.ext2, which works fine.

I was trying to get this cool VR Tunnel Live Wallpaper working but no luck
YouTube - VR Tunnel Live Wallpaper for Android
http://market.android.com/details?id...r.VRTunnelLite
Am downloading and installing the FRX05 build tonight.... I am happy you are renaming the folders so I can keep older builds... eases testing.

I'll see if I can run it at 700Mhz. My chip seems to tolerate higher speeds...

Cheers
Old 03-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

toxendless is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpierce99 View Post
Well I guess since you have everything right it's pretty pointless for anyone to try to help you, now isn't it.
Well, I have everything set the way it should to work, yet it doesn't. After I made that post I ran haret.exe again and it's just been going through the boot process and it's been sitting like that for the last 25 minutes...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development