PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 11:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxendless View Post
Well, I have everything set the way it should to work, yet it doesn't. After I made that post I ran haret.exe again and it's just been going through the boot process and it's been sitting like that for the last 25 minutes...
Are you using the bundle in the first post? Or are you using the one (FRX05) I just posted? Remember, the one I posted has been setup to work with Sprint; for Verizon, you need to change the keyboard in STARTUP.TXT to rhod500. If you have trouble, make sure you don't overclock, i.e. remove the "cpuclock.oc_freq_khz=..." string. If you have your setup in a folder, make sure in "rel_path=<folder>" in STARTUP.TXT. It's hard to tell what's wrong with you setup because you haven't provided much info other than "you have everything set the way it should".
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

toxendless is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Are you using the bundle in the first post? Or are you using the one (FRX05) I just posted? Remember, the one I posted has been setup to work with Sprint; for Verizon, you need to change the keyboard in STARTUP.TXT to rhod500. If you have trouble, make sure you don't overclock, i.e. remove the "cpuclock.oc_freq_khz=..." string. If you have your setup in a folder, make sure in "rel_path=<folder>" in STARTUP.TXT. It's hard to tell what's wrong with you setup because you haven't provided much info other than "you have everything set the way it should".
I'm using FRX04 from the first post. I extracted the folder to my desktop and then copied the contents to the root of my SD card after using the HP format tool. (I've been switching between a 2gb SD card and a 8gb class 4 I just bought today), then took the startup.txt file from the startup folder under rhod500 and moved it into the root of my SD card. After a few attempts I took the ts-calib file you posted in a zip file a few pages back. And I just hard reset my tp2 and I'm gonna try it again.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:50 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I'm using FRX04 from the first post. I extracted the folder to my desktop and then copied the contents to the root of my SD card after using the HP format tool. (I've been switching between a 2gb SD card and a 8gb class 4 I just bought today), then took the startup.txt file from the startup folder under rhod500 and moved it into the root of my SD card. After a few attempts I took the ts-calib file you posted in a zip file a few pages back. And I just hard reset my tp2 and I'm gonna try it again.
Hmmm, maybe it's not liking your SD card. Try adding this to the set cmdline in startup.txt:

msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave
Old 03-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Lurker

toxendless is a n00b

Quote:
Hmmm, maybe it's not liking your SD card. Try adding this to the set cmdline in startup.txt:

just put a space and copy thats in the quotations right?

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 force_cdma=1 pm.sleep_mode=1 physkeyboard=rhod500 msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave"
boot

so it would look like this correct? ^^^

edit* if it's the case that it doesn't like my SD cards I don't really feel like going out and buying another one -_-
Old 03-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:

Don't do this. Just update your kernel.

I'm posting a new bundle shortly.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:04 AM
Lurker

toxendless is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Don't do this. Just update your kernel.

I'm posting a new bundle shortly.
Update the kernel to the one posted as the FRX05 from his previous post that takes over the system.ex2?

Sorry I'm kind of new, I hope I'm not misinterpreting anything...
Old 03-04-2011, 12:06 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Update the kernel to the one posted as the FRX05 from his previous post that takes over the system.ex2?

Sorry I'm kind of new, I hope I'm not misinterpreting anything...
Just wait for his "official bundle"; mine was just a test setup that's working for me. I posted mine to let you guys try out. The kernel in mine is the one arrrghhh posted (by wistilt2) in his other thread for testing: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...autobuild.html

Also, if you're using the FRX04 bundle in the first post, the kernel may be outdated; I believe that's what arrrghhh was referring to when he said "update the kernel".

Last edited by ndno; 03-04-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:07 AM
Lurker

toxendless is a n00b

Quote:
Just wait for his "official bundle"; mine was just a test setup that's working for me. I posted mine to let you guys try out.
Also adding the line you posted allows me to boot just fine : /
Old 03-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

vnes1984 is a n00b

Quote:
Just wait for his "official bundle"; mine was just a test setup that's working for me. I posted mine to let you guys try out. The kernel in mine is the one arrrghhh posted (by wistilt2) in his other thread for testing: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...autobuild.html

Also, if you're using the FRX04 bundle in the first post, the kernel may be outdated; I believe that's what arrrghhh was referring to when he said "update the kernel".
I actually enjoy the bundles you put together, so thanks. Everything works fine for me. Are you still OC'd to 700? I'm thinking about it.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:26 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnes1984 View Post
I actually enjoy the bundles you put together, so thanks. Everything works fine for me. Are you still OC'd to 700? I'm thinking about it.
Yes, I am! It's been working for 8 hours straight without a glitch. Very fast and responsive. I'm tired of trying to save battery, and now with the kernel from wistilt2 that arrrghhh posted, the battery saving mechanism is great even when overclocked to 700Mhz. If you want to overclock to 700Mhz, edit your startup.txt and change it to "cpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development