PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djxtreme504 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

I can't seem to get my location to work. I have both GPS and wireless networks boxes checked. I installed after a clean format using the HP tool. I even started completely over 2 days ago. Everything else works great with the exception of the accelerometer which I believe isn't supposed to be working with this build anyway, unless I missed something. I have a Sprint Rhod 400. Any ideas?
Old 02-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxtreme504 View Post
I can't seem to get my location to work. I have both GPS and wireless networks boxes checked. I installed after a clean format using the HP tool. I even started completely over 2 days ago. Everything else works great with the exception of the accelerometer which I believe isn't supposed to be working with this build anyway, unless I missed something. I have a Sprint Rhod 400. Any ideas?
I'm confused.

You sound like you're describing the Gingerbread build (which g-sensor doesn't work on currently). In this build, the g-sensor should work just fine.

To help out GPS, use QuickGPS in WinMo first. This dramatically reduces lock times for me - the more up to date QuickGPS is, the faster locks you'll get in Android. Wish we could find an app that does this in Android, but the method in which the QuickGPS application affixes the data onto the GPS might not work for us in Android yet...

Netloc (aka cell-tower location) does not work for CDMA at the moment. I'm trying hard to get that resolved, but it is going to involve some RIL fun it seems.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

Loaded everything directly to the root of my SD card into a FRX04 folder, changed the rel_path=FRX04 in start up text but am unable to get fully booted into Android. It seems to want to load but say something along the lines of 1690 cannot boot, a few seconds go by and shows 1693 cannot boot. Not sure exactly what it says being it goes by so quick but what did I do wrong? Any help would be great, after using other Android build I'm looking forward to a much stable build to work with.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beathookup View Post
Loaded everything directly to the root of my SD card into a FRX04 folder, changed the rel_path=FRX04 in start up text but am unable to get fully booted into Android. It seems to want to load but say something along the lines of 1690 cannot boot, a few seconds go by and shows 1693 cannot boot. Not sure exactly what it says being it goes by so quick but what did I do wrong? Any help would be great, after using other Android build I'm looking forward to a much stable build to work with.
Hrm, nothing sticks out. Can you try kernel 1258? Perhaps a fresh format of your SD card using the HP tool?

Is a data.img file even being created? That's not enough info to go off of unfortunately, I'm hoping that it's just that clocks issue - in which case 1258 should fix it.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Desire
Carrier: usc

stckmojo is keeping up the good workstckmojo is keeping up the good work

Are you getting the touchscreen config at boot or is it covering it with text.

Try grabbing arrrghhh's file on the first post, take off the .txt extension, toss it in the root and reboot.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Volunteer Newsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hrm, nothing sticks out. Can you try kernel 1258? Perhaps a fresh format of your SD card using the HP tool?

Is a data.img file even being created? That's not enough info to go off of unfortunately, I'm hoping that it's just that clocks issue - in which case 1258 should fix it.
I guess I will give the 1258 kernel a try with that hopefully fixing the problem. The install was done on a freshly reformatted SD card to eliminate any mixup. It does say creating a data.img than seems to boot up as normal but after about 10 mins I get running text. When looking at what seems to be hanging up it say "untracked pid 1678 exited" not sure exactly what that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stckmojo View Post
Are you getting the touchscreen config at boot or is it covering it with text.

Try grabbing arrrghhh's file on the first post, take off the .txt extension, toss it in the root and reboot.
I grabbed the ts configure file and have already put it in my FRX04 folder and tried booting.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I just used the 1260 kernel on xda last night to get everything installed and it worked great.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by beathookup View Post
I guess I will give the 1258 kernel a try with that hopefully fixing the problem. The install was done on a freshly reformatted SD card to eliminate any mixup. It does say creating a data.img than seems to boot up as normal but after about 10 mins I get running text. When looking at what seems to be hanging up it say "untracked pid 1678 exited" not sure exactly what that means.

I grabbed the ts configure file and have already put it in my FRX04 folder and tried booting.
Just making sure.. did you go check the "show known file extensions" and then remove the .txt from that file?

If not, it won't do much of anything.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Volunteer Newsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stckmojo View Post
Just making sure.. did you go check the "show known file extensions" and then remove the .txt from that file?

If not, it won't do much of anything.
Once I unzipped the file with WinRAR I copied the file over, I didn't see anything that said "show known file extensions" if you could PM how to get it to work it would be great
Old 02-22-2011, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

just a moment. I'll do it for you and put it on hotfile.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development