PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] New Kernel (Speakerphone mic/keyboard bl!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Thanks for the confirmations guys, really appreciate it. Looks like it's time to reformat and rebuild this beotch now... Ima have to stop fixing the bathroom to get the phone rebuilt, priorities you know, lol . Just hope the wifee understands and doesn't have to go potty anytime soon!!!
haha thanked just for the laugh!
Old 01-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsportic View Post
I can confirm that the keyboard backlight is now working like in wm. However, the front 4 hard key backlights are now broken. If the keys are lit before booting into android the keys stay lit and do not turn off. If keys are not lit, the keys do not illuminate at all.
Indeed the 4-button lights are completely separate. Once we get the kbd backlight code finalized, those will probably be next. Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
Thats interesting, I guess i just dont have any idea how people can share code like that. Anything i have worked on isnt modular like that. I would break the crap out of everyone's code if i even looked at it LOL And when your actually coding the changes all that is local to you and your just doing the testing on your own before commiting.
How big are your changes that you are committing like in lines?
Once again thanks for all the work you guys do.
Well, it really depends... sometimes it's a one-line change, other times (like with the USB gadget commit) there's thousands of lines. All the code is available to the public on the GIT tree.

Back to the topic at hand tho, glad to hear the kernels working out for most... Hopefully it's up and running now fishingmedic...? LOL sounds like a bootloop was plaguing you thar Hopefully we'll get another tweaked kernel with smoother kbd backlight, and then on to the 4-button lights. WisTilt2 will be pleased that he won't have to do any additional work to get the RHOD100 guys' panel working...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint RHOD400
Carrier: sprint

mpannen is just getting started

I haven't noticed any great improvements in battery life on my rhodium 400 worldphone, battery took a dump after 8 hours the same as always. Also kinda weird, it took about 6 reboot loops where android would load all the way to the home screen before it finally settled down and now it seems stable. GPS hasn't locked the phone yet either.

Battery was nearly gone after 6 hours, and orange LED was lit nearly the entire time today.

Last edited by mpannen; 01-03-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpannen View Post
I haven't noticed any great improvements in battery life on my rhodium 400 worldphone, battery took a dump after 8 hours the same as always. Also kinda weird, it took about 6 reboot loops where android would load all the way to the home screen before it finally settled down and now it seems stable. GPS hasn't locked the phone yet either.
did you run something like quickgps in winmo before running haret?
Old 01-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpannen View Post
My battery lasted nearly 20 hours. That was what I consider light to moderate usage, there was a fairly big stretch where it was just sleeping (as I was asleep).

Either way, proper panel collapse will yield better sleep times - did you make sure your phone was properly sleeping...? Should get a solid green LED if it's sleeping.

Also, reboot loops? Do you mean where it's just slow? That's system_server being a bitch - just make a phone call to voicemail, works wonders for whatever reason.

I echo the QuickGPS comment above as well in respect to GPS. That's always applied, nothing with GPS has changed/been adjusted with this kernel.

Oh, and the first post is updated. Fresh new kernel hotness, kbd backlight 'flicker' is fixed, the backlight is basically on at a constant level now. Enjoy!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
My battery lasted nearly 20 hours. That was what I consider light to moderate usage, there was a fairly big stretch where it was just sleeping (as I was asleep).

Either way, proper panel collapse will yield better sleep times - did you make sure your phone was properly sleeping...? Should get a solid green LED if it's sleeping.

Also, reboot loops? Do you mean where it's just slow? That's system_server being a bitch - just make a phone call to voicemail, works wonders for whatever reason.

I echo the QuickGPS comment above as well in respect to GPS. That's always applied, nothing with GPS has changed/been adjusted with this kernel.

Oh, and the first post is updated. Fresh new kernel hotness, kbd backlight 'flicker' is fixed, the backlight is basically on at a constant level now. Enjoy!
This last kernel has some issues, screen sensitivity very sluggish and the screen turns black.
I will revert back to the earlier one.
hmmm.Crap I deleted it.

Booted the phone again and the issue disappeared, kind of weird.

Last edited by proxhack; 01-03-2011 at 01:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:47 AM
N00b

before using the gps the last time the phone did not reboot itself I did not use the GPS in windows mobile before launching haret
Old 01-03-2011, 07:52 AM
N00b

By reboot loop it actually reset the phone to the boot splash where it says HTC Touch pro 2 and the radio and ROM versions are showing. Knock on wood the phone was still connected to ADB when I woke up this morning! Also, not sure if I ever saw the greenI LED lit up, it has gone that far to sleep in the past, so I'll have to dig into that closer, any suggestions?

I definitely see some green action now from the LED, mostly green when the phone sits unplugged, so I guess it's sleeping. Is the kernel option pm.sleep_mode=0 necessary for 20 hrs of battery life?

Last edited by mpannen; 01-03-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

wasnt it supposed to be pm.sleep_mode=1 thanks to bzos patches ?

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
Old 01-03-2011, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OCd @700 Mhz
FPS 2d: 30, stddev 4.66
Linpack: 4.606
Neocore: 18.5 FPS
Quadrant: 575

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development