PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx
Re: [TESTING] New Kernel (Speakerphone mic/keyboard bl!!!)

Pretty sure those lights have not been implimented yet. Be patient.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)
Carrier: Sprint

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Kbd lights work perfectly great work wistilt also battery last a lot longer about 15 hours with a modest days use and maybe a bit longer have tested a bunch but you can really notice the improvements on the battery life keep up the great work. thanks again arrgghh for keep us updated

Last edited by tpdjr; 01-02-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

WTF, just keep getting endless boot, bunch of little android dudes spelling android over and over and over and over....lol
Old 01-02-2011, 12:02 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

had that same issue when replacing the modules it wasn't "replacing" it just added. so i had 2 modules. make sure there isnt 2

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
had that same issue when replacing the modules it wasn't "replacing" it just added. so i had 2 modules. make sure there isnt 2
Tried it again, made sure no duplicate files, still got all the little dudes spelling android and never freaking stopping!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Tried it again, made sure no duplicate files, still got all the little dudes spelling android and never freaking stopping!!!
hmm thats strange, just to be sure is this a fresh android install or did you have it up and running already and just replaced the modules and zimage files?

I already had mine running and replaced those files and got some serious flickering when that boot screen came up but it didnt loop, and its only been a few minutes but keyboard backlight works great and I havent had any problems yet initializing the panel

wistilt you are a genious!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:10 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeiux1 View Post
hmm thats strange, just to be sure is this a fresh android install or did you have it up and running already and just replaced the modules and zimage files?

I already had mine running and replaced those files and got some serious flickering when that boot screen came up but it didnt loop, and its only been a few minutes but keyboard backlight works great and I havent had any problems yet initializing the panel

wistilt you are a genious!
It's been up and running like a charm, run it almost exclusively to be honest, and all I did was remove the old zimage and modules and drop the new ones into andboot folder. I boot from haret directly, I've tried just about everything I can think of to make this freaking thing work, I'm basically out of thoughts at this point.... WTF.... I'm going to try to revert back to the older zimage and module and see if that works again.

Edit: Did any of you that are using the new kernel make any other changes, i.e. delete data.img, change anything in startup.txt, etc?

Edit 2: Nope, still looping with the old kernel too... something borked in the build. Does anyone have a link to the latest FRX03, or the latest changes or am I better off grabbing Reef's latest FRX03 and working from there? I thought there were additional changes to the Blazn build since then but would really rather not have to search each page of each thread over again for the past 5 months in updates if anyone has the changes or change log links handy.

Last edited by fishingmedic; 01-02-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
It's been up and running like a charm, run it almost exclusively to be honest, and all I did was remove the old zimage and modules and drop the new ones into andboot folder. I boot from haret directly, I've tried just about everything I can think of to make this freaking thing work, I'm basically out of thoughts at this point.... WTF.... I'm going to try to revert back to the older zimage and module and see if that works again.

Edit: Did any of you that are using the new kernel make any other changes, i.e. delete data.img, change anything in startup.txt, etc?

Edit 2: Nope, still looping with the old kernel too... something borked in the build. Does anyone have a link to the latest FRX03, or the latest changes or am I better off grabbing Reef's latest FRX03 and working from there? I thought there were additional changes to the Blazn build since then but would really rather not have to search each page of each thread over again for the past 5 months in updates if anyone has the changes or change log links handy.

I dont know of any blazn updates in the past few months but im currently using reefs FRX03 from his site and its working great with this new kernel, just make sure not to use the startup utility, that stupid thing would just dump my startup text whenever it felt like it.

but no I havent made any changes to data.img at all, just replaced the files
Old 01-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:

You will be better off starting with fresh frx3 from reef's, I was having the same issue until I started all over.

I agree 100% with your comments, I read every update every day, but I can't keep up.
there are too many different treads for different tests which I completely understand, but perhaps there should be a weekly re-cap/all in one build or something to get the latest without screwing up something.

Last edited by proxhack; 01-02-2011 at 02:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:20 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeiux1 View Post
I dont know of any blazn updates in the past few months but im currently using reefs FRX03 from his site and its working great with this new kernel, just make sure not to use the startup utility, that stupid thing would just dump my startup text whenever it felt like it.

but no I havent made any changes to data.img at all, just replaced the files
Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
You will be better off starting with fresh frx3 from reef's, I was having the same issue until I started all over.

I agree 100% with your comments, I read every update every day but I can't keep up.
too many different treads for different tests which I completely understand but perhaps there should be a weekly re-cap/all in one build or something to get the latest without screwing up something.
Thanks for the confirmations guys, really appreciate it. Looks like it's time to reformat and rebuild this beotch now... Ima have to stop fixing the bathroom to get the phone rebuilt, priorities you know, lol . Just hope the wifee understands and doesn't have to go potty anytime soon!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development