PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 01:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] Updated 1/30/11 New Kernel (100% FIXED Panel Wake)

I'm seeing pretty outstanding results with 1/30(2) on my Sprint Rhod400 as well. 100% wake so far, and wake is fast, less than a second.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

just tried this out on Sprint (rhod400 obviously) and it is waking up correctly about 9 out of 10 tries. one thing i am noticing though is that the led goes to green light almost immediately when i turn the screen off (awesome) but it keeps cycling from green to orange every 3 seconds or so...

the setup i'm using for this test is tiad8's latest (FROYO X 2011.01.28 SYSTEM.EXT2 UPDATED). the only mods i did after initial boot were adding APN for sprint, adding my main account which syncs my contacts, setting the brightness, and finally setting my preferred ringtone. after that, i rebooted to WinMo, added this test module/zimage and booted back to android. i have the default startup.txt for sprint other than adding rel_path=andboot.

hope this helps! you guys are kicking ass and making my TP2 rock!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
just tried this out on Sprint (rhod400 obviously) and it is waking up correctly about 9 out of 10 tries. one thing i am noticing though is that the led goes to green light almost immediately when i turn the screen off (awesome) but it keeps cycling from green to orange every 3 seconds or so...
Does this happen on FRX04? I haven't had this happen at all, but I also don't get the greed LED immediately either. It's either 5s or 30s it seems to go to green LED after hitting the power button, and I have the same device - RHOD400.

I'd prefer we all test on FRX04, but I can't force ya... All I can do is blame your weird issues on the build you're using!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

New kernel posted guys.

This one is ONLY for debugging that nasty SoD issue where the phone is completely down - you cannot wake it no matter what, waiting 10 minutes, calling it, pressing every button - nothing.

I've seen this with the green LED stuck on, and sometimes with the orange LED stuck on. Sometimes I've been able to slide the kbd and see the kbd backlight turn on/off, but nothing else would work. Any of these situations I would call SoD.

Please read the first post carefully. I changed it quite a bit, as we need a few things to change to debug this SoD issue. Please feel free to ask questions, but read that first post thoroughly - I think I included everything you will need in that post, if not I will modify it. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
New kernel posted guys.

This one is ONLY for debugging that nasty SoD issue where the phone is completely down - you cannot wake it no matter what, waiting 10 minutes, calling it, pressing every button - nothing.

I've seen this with the green LED stuck on, and sometimes with the orange LED stuck on. Sometimes I've been able to slide the kbd and see the kbd backlight turn on/off, but nothing else would work. Any of these situations I would call SoD.

Please read the first post carefully. I changed it quite a bit, as we need a few things to change to debug this SoD issue. Please feel free to ask questions, but read that first post thoroughly - I think I included everything you will need in that post, if not I will modify it. Thanks!
This is awesome, I almost feel like this new last_kmesg libc.so should have its own thread. Should be great for debugging all sorts of SoD, freezes, and reboots.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
This is awesome, I almost feel like this new last_kmesg libc.so should have its own thread. Should be great for debugging all sorts of SoD, freezes, and reboots.
I was going to make a new thread, but decided to just tack it onto this one...
Old 02-01-2011, 05:15 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
New kernel posted guys.

arrrghhh, I'm assuming this is for stock speed only, correct? If I OC and set pm.sleep_mode=2, I will get SOD.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
arrrghhh, I'm assuming this is for stock speed only, correct? If I OC and set pm.sleep_mode=2, I will get SOD.
You should never be setting sleep_mode=2, assuming you're running a fairly new kernel with bzo's PLL2 commit...

sleep_mode=1 should basically always be used. I'm OC'd and sleep_mode=1, runnin just fine.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Crap guys. F22 just pointed out that I'm dumb, and you don't need to do that libc crap.... there's a MUCH better method, as these are already logged and compressed in this folder:
Code:
/data/system/dropbox/
Has nothing to do with the service 'Dropbox' FYI .

So, going forward you guys don't need to do that libc.so mounting mess... Sorry for the confusion, I really had no idea it was already being logged and compressed.

Thanks again F22 for pointing this out!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:05 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
You should never be setting sleep_mode=2, assuming you're running a fairly new kernel with bzo's PLL2 commit...

sleep_mode=1 should basically always be used. I'm OC'd and sleep_mode=1, runnin just fine.
OK, I guess I mis-understood. The one I was talking about above is a SOD related to OCing but the one you're trying to debug is something else, related to panel waking up with this test kernel. I haven't had any SOD related to the panel wake; once in a while it goes into deep sleep (green LED), it may take me like 15-20 seconds to wake it up, repeatedly pushing the power button; I haven't had it gone dead sleep on me; how do you reproduce this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development