PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] New Kernel (Speakerphone/autobl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2wander View Post
Great, I'm going to grab and test it soon

FYI, kernel 12.21.10 and 12.22.10 seen has same problem with panel reinit, I was must touch to screen to wake it up after sleep.
not sure if this is important, but i just noticed that you never have to touch the screen to wake it up if it is plugged in and charging.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [TESTING] New Kernel (Speakerphone/autobl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
not sure if this is important, but i just noticed that you never have to touch the screen to wake it up if it is plugged in and charging.
Because it's never sleeping
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

da1stprince is keeping up the good workda1stprince is keeping up the good work
Re: [TESTING] New Kernel (Speakerphone mic/keyboard bl!!!)

nice build.. only problem is that i ran angry birds and graphics are glitchy(color banding),but fast..

Last edited by da1stprince; 01-08-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:18 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by da1stprince View Post
nice build.. only problem is that i ran angry birds and graphics are glitchy(color banding),but fast..
Use this one!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...ally-well.html

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 01-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Ah, about time I bumped this thread... first post updated guys.

Here's what's new - fixed touch to wake, caps/FN lights. More panel deinit stuff - should get significantly better battery drain compared to 1253 (assuming both kernels are sleeping - LED=GREEN!)

Enjoy, let me know how it goes!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Ah, about time I bumped this thread... first post updated guys.

Here's what's new - fixed touch to wake, caps/FN lights. More panel deinit stuff - should get significantly better battery drain compared to 1253 (assuming both kernels are sleeping - LED=GREEN!)

Enjoy, let me know how it goes!
Wooohooo!!! Thanks bud!!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Wooohooo!!! Thanks bud!!
NP!

I did find an issue, at least on my RHOD400 - caps/FN LEDs are reversed, and the caps lock doesn't necessairly always show the correct state. I'll let WisTilt2 know... other than that, let me know what you guys find!

I'd also be curious if the buttons are reversed for all devices - or if it's just the 400. I'm betting the 300 will be flawless, I'm curious about the 100/210 guys.

Update - Seems the touch to wake issue is still present for me as well... again, I'd be curious to see if anyone else experiences this - when the phone is sleeping (green LED) you have to touch the panel where the lock swipe is to wake the phone.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 01-26-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Just installed this, will be running it for a while to give it a spin and provide feedback.

Initial impressions, I can confirm that the rhod400 buttons are reversed.

Also, FN doesn't always show the correct state either. This can be seen by a simple test. Press FN repeatedly until Android disables FN again, observe that the light stays on. Same works for the Caps.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Just installed this, will be running it for a while to give it a spin and provide feedback.

Initial impressions, I can confirm that the rhod400 buttons are reversed.

Also, FN doesn't always show the correct state either. This can be seen by a simple test. Press FN repeatedly until Android disables FN again, observe that the light stays on. Same works for the Caps.
Yup, sorry just noticed didn't mention FN has the same behavior as caps. First round, and unfortunately I didn't test this with WisTilt2 like I usually do... he posted it around midnight, and I was already in bed .

Enough excuses tho - I'll let him know this initial feedback, and hopefully he'll crank out another test kernel.

Thanks guys!

Update - seems I might have spoke too soon on the touch-to-wake issue... still needs some work, but if I'm patient the screen usually does come up - but sometimes it takes so long it just goes right back off... Yet another thing to put on the list of things to mention to WisTilt2 .

Last edited by arrrghhh; 01-26-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Confirming results of ahhh. Also does not stay on for double press aka always on fn/cap.

Thank you ahhh (wiz prollly wont see this....)

Rhod400 FRX04 test 1253 kernel

Last edited by MassStash; 01-26-2011 at 05:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development