PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - Auto-brightness Testing: 10-28. Automatic Keyboard Detection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.564; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I'll play with this tomorrow, but low res video from youtube has worked in the past. HQ has never worked though (and HQ MP4's have never worked).
interesting. I see that when i try to play a video it tries to use 3d acceleration (which it should) but it craps out there. This is more of a userland issue i suppose
Old 11-23-2010, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.572; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL
]
Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.564; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I'll play with this tomorrow, but low res video from youtube has worked in the past. HQ has never worked though (and HQ MP4's have never worked).
interesting. I see that when i try to play a video it tries to use 3d acceleration (which it should) but it craps out there. This is more of a userland issue i suppose
Happens on haret as well. I think I remember Alex saying it might be gralloc related. Arrrghhh and I were testing various things for him on this right after he got autobl working.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:05 PM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Re: NAND Boot Testing - Auto-brightness Testing: 10-28. Automatic Keyboard Detection!

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.572; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Happens on haret as well. I think I remember Alex saying it might be gralloc related. Arrrghhh and I were testing various things for him on this right after he got autobl working.
ic.. Just finished talking to alex and he got the whole .35 kernel to come up for Kovsky. So hopefully jonpry and alex and compare notes so our .35 can fire up. In the mean time i'll concentrate on fixing the panel down issue now that we have a new FB.

did you get a chance to test it yet?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
ic.. Just finished talking to alex and he got the whole .35 kernel to come up for Kovsky. So hopefully jonpry and alex and compare notes so our .35 can fire up. In the mean time i'll concentrate on fixing the panel down issue now that we have a new FB.

did you get a chance to test it yet?
Well hey, glad to see they finally brought the site back up... I did give it a full day of testing, and the new FB is excellent. I updated to the new ext2 at the same time, so I'm having a hard time telling what caused what, but here's some of the things I've noticed.

Startup animation is way faster than it ever has been. I'm actually getting tearing sometimes.

SD video playback is much improved. I used to get a few dropped frames here and there, but this is much smoother. The Youtube app is actually on par with the WM one now for SD playback.

HQ video playback is actually worse, but it doesn't really matter since it was never viewable to begin with. It used to show two or three frames every 10 seconds or so, and now it seems to just lock up and stick on the same frame for the whole video.

Overall, the UI seems a little smoother. Not sure if it's just been a while since I've spent so much time in Android, but the edges and corners of buttons and widgets look cleaner than I remember.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:53 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Well hey, glad to see they finally brought the site back up... I did give it a full day of testing, and the new FB is excellent. I updated to the new ext2 at the same time, so I'm having a hard time telling what caused what, but here's some of the things I've noticed.

Startup animation is way faster than it ever has been. I'm actually getting tearing sometimes.

SD video playback is much improved. I used to get a few dropped frames here and there, but this is much smoother. The Youtube app is actually on par with the WM one now for SD playback.

HQ video playback is actually worse, but it doesn't really matter since it was never viewable to begin with. It used to show two or three frames every 10 seconds or so, and now it seems to just lock up and stick on the same frame for the whole video.

Overall, the UI seems a little smoother. Not sure if it's just been a while since I've spent so much time in Android, but the edges and corners of buttons and widgets look cleaner than I remember.
Did you test with 3d enabled ? the tearing and missing frames are probaby due to copybits. This is a userland lib that may need adjusting to play nice with the new framebuffer. I tried cyanogen again and the startupscreen there is actually really smooth but i get the same copybit error there as well. For 3d to work well we need copybit and gralloc to be flawless. right now they are failing.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Did you test with 3d enabled ? the tearing and missing frames are probaby due to copybits. This is a userland lib that may need adjusting to play nice with the new framebuffer. I tried cyanogen again and the startupscreen there is actually really smooth but i get the same copybit error there as well. For 3d to work well we need copybit and gralloc to be flawless. right now they are failing.
Yeah, 3D is always enabled for me. I still have the force command in tinboot, but I thought for sure you had hard coded it to always be enabled since it was working properly.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:20 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Yeah, 3D is always enabled for me. I still have the force command in tinboot, but I thought for sure you had hard coded it to always be enabled since it was working properly.
cool

i reading some logs now since i know the hd2 guys had some similar crap when they just got 3d working which was related to copybits. If you see something let me know.. it might help us. copybits works with mdp on the kernel to blit and do all the fancy work.

Here is the exact error i see popping up.

E/copybit ( 1392): copyBits failed (Invalid argument)
D/copybit ( 1392): 0: src={w=480, h=800, f=0, rect={0,0,9,38}}
D/copybit ( 1392): dst={w=480, h=800, f=0, rect={0,0,9,38}}
D/copybit ( 1392): flags=00020000
D/copybit ( 1392): 1: src={w=480, h=800, f=0, rect={406,0,74,38}}
D/copybit ( 1392): dst={w=480, h=800, f=0, rect={406,0,74,38}}
D/copybit ( 1392): 2: src={w=480, h=800, f=0, rect={0,38,480,762}}
D/copybit ( 1392): dst={w=480, h=800, f=0, rect={0,38,480,762}}
E/libagl ( 1392): copybit failed (Unknown error: -22)

Last edited by [ACL]; 11-24-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:04 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Haven't had a chance to test this and won't until tomorrow, but if you guys want the modded rootfs with the new gralloc, you can grab it here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/roo...29-42b44e2.img

I am also working on compiling the new NBH and modules. I'm not sure if autobuild is working peroply, but I'll have a new package up shortly with the 3D driver in it as well.

Also, libGLES will still need to be in the root of the SD card, but it will automount during boot. I left it this way so we can just replace it with a newer version for testing. Eventually I bet we will put it in the rootfs or something.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Haven't had a chance to test this and won't until tomorrow, but if you guys want the modded rootfs with the new gralloc, you can grab it here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/roo...29-42b44e2.img

I am also working on compiling the new NBH and modules. I'm not sure if autobuild is working peroply, but I'll have a new package up shortly with the 3D driver in it as well.

Also, libGLES will still need to be in the root of the SD card, but it will automount during boot. I left it this way so we can just replace it with a newer version for testing. Eventually I bet we will put it in the rootfs or something.
New package containing the rootfs and new NBH/modules (and libGLES) is in the first post. Let me know how it works. I have a long drive tonight and can't flash it (stupid bluetooth...) until tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 11-29: New Framebuffer, gralloc, and libGLES

Boot animation here is flashing badly at first then slower and lots of tearing/artifacts on startup. Near the time it fully loads and boots to launcher it flashes a few times with a few tears but smooth, still slower than when 3d was enabled.At first I don't think it loaded my modules file. I had renamed it to modules-modules-2.6.27.46.tar. Then changed it back I think it loaded this time ok but no change on startup.

3d app drawer just as smooth as before if not a tad better.

Going to wipe my data.img file to see.... Should be almost standard process anymore but I hate waiting on restoring my data.

Note: Now that the screen density is set properly one my apps I had issues with is now loading. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development