PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 05:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)
Carrier: Sprint

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - Auto-brightness Testing: 10-28. Automatic Keyboard Detection!

Hey acl how is the fb going? hopefully good if you need a tester just let me kno.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - Auto-brightness Testing: 10-28. Automatic Keyboard Detection!

nothing yet.. this update is so massive i feel like im rewriting most of the kernel ... and i thought the usb patch was big..
Old 11-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Alright thanks for putting so much effort into making the fb quicker it will definitely make the experience a lot better and a lot less choppiness. Just take your time I was just curious because I wanted to know if you needed a tester hopefully I can help test kernels for you keep up the great work.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
i feel like im rewriting most of the kernel ...
Well while you're at it, how about rewriting it with some 2.6.35 in there?
Old 11-19-2010, 03:58 PM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
thats the plan.

Anyways turns out the framebuffer (qualcomm code) i was working on isn't really ready for production. Google isnt really using it and considers it staging and since it's taking so much time its not really worth it to waste efforts trying to get it up. So we will revert back to .35 google framebuffer.

hopefully i commit this weekend so stayed tuned for that..
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.564; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
thats the plan.

Anyways turns out the framebuffer (qualcomm code) i was working on isn't really ready for production. Google isnt really using it and considers it staging and since it's taking so much time its not really worth it to waste efforts trying to get it up. So we will revert back to .35 google framebuffer.

hopefully i commit this weekend so stayed tuned for that..
I just finished another 60 hour week. Can't wait to have fun with this on the weekend. I'll just be watching some football
Old 11-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.564; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I just finished another 60 hour week. Can't wait to have fun with this on the weekend. I'll just be watching some football
I have been doing some reading and playing around with trying to access the NAND (MTD)? Still new to me so sorry if that's not right... I haven't gotten too far and it seems there is not a lot of info, it either works or it does not.
I have been trying to learn from what the Dev of the Vogue did (since I have one) but I don't know if the Tinboot.s needs to be changed or the initranfs (which seems logical to me).

But what is the big road block?
Anyone have any ideas that they just haven't had the time to test?
Old 11-20-2010, 04:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Rhodium 400
Carrier: sprint

guruvince is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
I have been doing some reading and playing around with trying to access the NAND (MTD)? Still new to me so sorry if that's not right... I haven't gotten too far and it seems there is not a lot of info, it either works or it does not.
I have been trying to learn from what the Dev of the Vogue did (since I have one) but I don't know if the Tinboot.s needs to be changed or the initranfs (which seems logical to me).

But what is the big road block?
Anyone have any ideas that they just haven't had the time to test?
I believe that WoZZer999 (father of NAND boot testing on the TP2) was the last person to attempt this. He bricked his phone and we havent seen him since.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:23 AM
VIP Member

hey fellas..

i know im long overdue for a commit. But i think i have something worth testing now (needs tons of testing since its quirky). Unfortunately the autobuild site is down so i need to hunt down wistilt to see whats up.

So bottom line is the framebuffer was upgraded to the one from .35 kernel (google code). Its dog slow when it starts but then when you force the panel to sleep and come back up it seems to speed up. I need to get to the bottom of that so we don't always have to do that.

i dont think the haret folk will see this commit for a while (or ever). The update is massive and getting all the devs to agree might get ugly. If i dont hear back from wistilt, i will just post the files here.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

pts69666 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
hey fellas..

i know im long overdue for a commit. But i think i have something worth testing now (needs tons of testing since its quirky). Unfortunately the autobuild site is down so i need to hunt down wistilt to see whats up.
Is what you have to be tested the same thing on git? I see a huge Commit made by you today.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development