PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TMOUS HTC HD2
Carrier: TMOUS

bobeer86 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 04-06: FRX06 on NAND (Testing FRX06 now!)

Lmiller, please see attached - i zipped files for easier/faster access.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mtd0.zip (314.6 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip mtd1.zip (4.1 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeer86 View Post
Lmiller, please see attached - i zipped files for easier/faster access.
This is good info. Looks like the LK for GSM is starting at 2820000 (0x141) while the LK for CDMA is 3000000 (0x180). Which makes sense because the offset of CMDA to GSM is 7E0000 (0x3F).

So right now I'm thinking that we should have two NBH's. One for GSM and one for CDMA. The kernels and mtdparts can still be the same.

Here is the New NBH for GSM ONLY: http://www.mediafire.com/?js6g41nix3a8kte

Give it a try! If it don't work please dump the mtd0 and mtd1 again for me.

Last edited by Lmiller1708; 04-25-2011 at 09:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

sup fellas..

sorry for dissapearing but acl was pimping hard .. but now im back and my new tp2 arrived today. Yes, i bricked myself last week for yall who didnt know.

thanks lmiller for keeping things moving. i need to commit your changes so we can continue the progress.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Lurker

New NBH still doesn't let me access recovery, just like the previous one - it throws the same error, but this time with (4096 errors).
Attached zips of mtd0 and mtd1 pulled after fastboot boot recovery.img. adb still cant mount sdcard.

Btw. If I manually flash recovery image to recovery partition I am able to access it from lk, which leads to a question: does current GSM or previous universal NBH include recovery at all or should I keep on flashing recovery.img manually via fastboot? Your original instructions didn't mention flashing recovery.img at all and I'm a bit confused here.

Anyway, upon flashing recovery manually I can boot into it from phone and it seems like it's installing androidupdate.tgz. If I flash boot.img to boot via fastboot I end up with boot loop, but I tried just booting boot.img via fastboot without flashing it and it gets stuck at:
[21.628204] msm72k_udc: ept #2 out max:512 head:ffc0c100 bit:2
[21.696350] mdp irq already on 4 4
[21.714172] mdp_dma: busy

at this point I pulled mtd0 and mtd1 just in case all zips attached - _new_nbh is with new GSM NBH using fastboot boot recovery.img, _fastboot is with manually flashed recovery and fastboot boot boot.img pulled when android got stuck.

Hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mtd0_new_nbh.zip (314.6 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip mtd1_new_nbh.zip (4.1 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip mtd0_fastboot.zip (314.6 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip mtd1_fastboot.zip (4.1 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Flashaholic!

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
New NBH still doesn't let me access recovery, just like the previous one - it throws the same error, but this time with (4096 errors).
Attached zips of mtd0 and mtd1 pulled after fastboot boot recovery.img. adb still cant mount sdcard.
Ok We might be too close. But on your SDcard will not mount for now. Haret is having the same issues I guess.

Quote:
Btw. If I manually flash recovery image to recovery partition I am able to access it from lk, which leads to a question: does current GSM or previous universal NBH include recovery at all or should I keep on flashing recovery.img manually via fastboot? Your original instructions didn't mention flashing recovery.img at all and I'm a bit confused here.
That is good. Means the recovery.img is being put in a safe RW memory location. The recovery.img is included on the NBH at a offset. The offset is what I'm trying to figure out for GSM.

Quote:
Anyway, upon flashing recovery manually I can boot into it from phone and it seems like it's installing androidupdate.tgz. If I flash boot.img to boot via fastboot I end up with boot loop, but I tried just booting boot.img via fastboot without flashing it and it gets stuck at:
[21.628204] msm72k_udc: ept #2 out max:512 head:ffc0c100 bit:2
[21.696350] mdp irq already on 4 4
[21.714172] mdp_dma: busy

at this point I pulled mtd0 and mtd1 just in case all zips attached - _new_nbh is with new GSM NBH using fastboot boot recovery.img, _fastboot is with manually flashed recovery and fastboot boot boot.img pulled when android got stuck.

Hope it helps.
Not sure about the boot loop of getting stuck...

Anyway Here is another NBH with the recovery.img included. Remember to hold the top button once the blue screen turns on to boot into recovery, if it can.
If you can't boot into recovery use this recovery.img and just run:
Fastboot boot recovery.img

Then once again I will need a dump of the mtd0 and mtd1. This time mtd1 is recovery so it will be a bit larger. I should then know if it's getting inserted at the correct spot. But do not Flash anything from fastboot.

Thanks for your help on this! Glad we finally have a GSM user willing and able to help!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Lurker

Sweet, I'll get to it tonight when I get home - I'm at work now
And TBH I have no idea why none of GSM users got to do it before instead of crying about the lack of GSM support on NAND development - instructions given by Lmiller are really clear and it's not like I am fighting dragons or anything
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Sweet, I'll get to it tonight when I get home - I'm at work now
And TBH I have no idea why none of GSM users got to do it before instead of crying about the lack of GSM support on NAND development - instructions given by Lmiller are really clear and it's not like I am fighting dragons or anything
Thanks dude, we've been waiting for you!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Lurker

what can I say man? BINGO! Seems I'm the first RHOD300 user that can boot into NAND recovery!! =)
Still, cant mount sdcard via ADB, but I gotta feeling my backup device will son be running android from NAND full time - just like my HD2 =P
pulled mtd0 and mtd1 attached in corresponding .zips.

...now it REALLY itches me to try installing android via recovery and flashing boot image to see if it flies, but Lmiller might want something more from this device, so I'll hold on.
You guys are epic - it feels like when I was running first NAND roms on my HD2 xD
Attached Files
File Type: zip mtd0.zip (314.4 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip mtd1.zip (3.46 MB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Flashaholic!

Quote:
what can I say man? BINGO! Seems I'm the first RHOD300 user that can boot into NAND recovery!! =)
Still, cant mount sdcard via ADB, but I gotta feeling my backup device will son be running android from NAND full time - just like my HD2 =P
pulled mtd0 and mtd1 attached in corresponding .zips.

...now it REALLY itches me to try installing android via recovery and flashing boot image to see if it flies, but Lmiller might want something more from this device, so I'll hold on.
You guys are epic - it feels like when I was running first NAND roms on my HD2 xD
Great! But really it should have worked for you last night... Nothing more was really changed, getting into recovery is tricky.

Anyway that is good info! But we are now going to not include the recovery.img at all. Unless there is a special need for it. But now we know how for both CMDA and GSM phones!

You can now play around with LK as much as you want. But not being able to boot with the SIM card might have something to do with power (according to ACL). But you should be able to install Android and boot with no SIM Card.

ACL is going to be working on LK tonight to see if he can get the SDcard working. Also the recovery needs to be updated to accept a update.zip.

Once these are done I will post another NBH with the correct files for everyone to test. But it might be a while.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Lurker

I don't know, but last night lk kept on throwing that error for recovery partition and then reverting to fastboot - this time it worked like a charm and I got into recovery on 1st try. =)

Got a question though - I'm booting with no SIM, flashed NBH, entered recovery, installed androidupdate.tgz, entered fastboot,flashed boot.img to boot, reboot and now my device is supposedly booting - been like 10min so far and it is going through following line over and over:

page X (starts at around 400 and increasing by 1 per line) in gc has no object: 0 0 0

then it's gonna go through some more X and every few lines add following two lines:

mdp irq already on 4 4
mdp_dma: busy

then go back to previous line and increase X
..ok, it actually stopped at 2111 this time.

Now the question: is this part of normal boot sequence or is my device acting abnormally? Should I try to pull a log or something? Am I missing something during installation process?
Appreciate your feedback guys - I'm no dev, but I love to tinker with stuff

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development