PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Will7272 is keeping up the good workWill7272 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Will7272 Send a message via MSN to Will7272 Send a message via Yahoo to Will7272 Send a message via Skype™ to Will7272
Re: Worried parent needs help???? Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
i like the cute long drawn out story, but be real, u checkin in on wifey/hubby...whats u checkin in on her phone activity gonna do? lol. if you indeed payin her bill, u already have access to her picturemail, call logs, texts ull have physically have her phone 2 view.
I'm glad you chimed in with such helpful information. You should run for Congress. Idiot.

To the OP, if you're concerned about what your child is doing, then I would not get her a phone until she proved she could be responsible. I would also pay special attention to what he/she are doing on the computer as well. I would think that would be just as crucial to pay attention to.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

You also need family counceling. Tracking her activities means you expect her to fail. You will be living in a case of "catch me if you can". Until she WANTS your trust and respect, it will just be hide and seek until she is 18. She is not too young to "bring back".
Old 12-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will7272 View Post
I'm glad you chimed in with such helpful information. You should run for Congress. Idiot.
had 2 be said...
Old 12-08-2010, 12:13 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

too bad they dont make Phone Creeper for Android... thatd do everything you want and could dream up...

as far as picture mails... www.pictures.sprintpcs.com youll need her phone for a second though.. odds are shes never registred.. so when you goto to sign up, it sends a pword to the handset first time.. so, youd need that message.... then you can see everything shes ever sent/recieved... and future things...

no I havent been through this or anything, though I am a parent(my kids dont have phones yet).. I just know what the pic mail websites shows you since I back up alot of pics there back in the day..
Old 12-08-2010, 12:46 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

You can also restrict incoming/outgoing calls and texts to specified numbers on the sprint site. My oldest daughter is going to be eleven but we don't do much monitoring cause shes always around.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:12 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
You can also restrict incoming/outgoing calls and texts to specified numbers on the sprint site. My oldest daughter is going to be eleven but we don't do much monitoring cause shes always around.
to add more to this as well, you can track numbers as well.. meaning search a number and see its use.. problem is Sprint, unlike some other carriers, dont show you current bill detailed until after it posts-so itll be way later when you find out..
Old 12-08-2010, 02:50 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

How much for the children?.....I want them.....how much for the little girl?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I so disagree with you on that. A parent is tasked to guide, monitor, et cetera their kids. Tracking activities does not at all mean that one expects a chid to fail. What it tells the child is that the parents care. Trust is earned, not given and frankly, an occasional checking is good for both parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
You also need family counceling. Tracking her activities means you expect her to fail. You will be living in a case of "catch me if you can". Until she WANTS your trust and respect, it will just be hide and seek until she is 18. She is not too young to "bring back".
Old 12-09-2010, 01:44 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Everyone who isn't offering help to the OP needs to chill out. If you disagree with his principles or parenting style, kindly move on. He's looking for help and that is supposed to be what he is to get here.

OP, did you ever find a good solution for your needs? As a father of four children, I understand your concerns. First, I use Sprint Family Locator for my children's phones. It's nice to know where they are at any given time and I setup points for their boyfriend's/girlfriend's houses, school, etc. If they are not in school within 30 minutes of school starting, I get a text message. If they go to their boyfriend's/girlfriend's houses after certain times (curfew), I get a text message. And at $5/month for up to four lines, it is a great deal.

As for apps, I have heard a lot of good stuff about Mobile Nanny. Check it out and see if it does what you are looking for. It does cost about $50/year, but they do offer a a 14 day money back guarantee. And honestly, is a little over $4/month that much to ensure that your daughter is safe?

Last edited by rainfreak; 12-09-2010 at 01:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

My old man told me to join the Marines.
I was only 11 but it worked anyhow. Oo-Rah!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games