PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a PPCGeeks app or will there ever be one?

Well actually, believe it or not, there once was a PPCGeek's app for Windows Mobile back in the day!
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 06-09-2010, 01:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb
Well actually, believe it or not, there once was a PPCGeek's app for Windows Mobile back in the day!
No Doubt!
I wish I could still use it!
Hibby did a nice job on it!

Last edited by horndoctor; 06-09-2010 at 01:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard

I use the WifiForums version on my Evo. I tried Tapatalk free but I can't seem to find the paid version that will let you post and reply. It doesn't show up in the market for me. I like the WifiForums, if only I could figure out how to make it display more threads per page. Maybe it's set like that so it will show up on all phones without locking them up.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Threadstarter

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

Thanks guys tapatalk is great.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does the app allow you to remove that annoying sent from my Evo using tapatalk sig?
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 06-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb View Post
Hibby made one back then and I also created a Widget for WM6.5+.

I believe Android programming is mostly Java, which I'm not too familiar with, but if I did an app, it would basically be a wrapper that would just use WiForums, but it would give you a dedicated icon in your launcher. It would be awesome to create a widget that uses the RSS feed to show you recent news articles or recent threads too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoungeLizard View Post
I use the WifiForums version on my Evo. I tried Tapatalk free but I can't seem to find the paid version that will let you post and reply. It doesn't show up in the market for me. I like the WifiForums, if only I could figure out how to make it display more threads per page. Maybe it's set like that so it will show up on all phones without locking them up.
When you go to WiForums, click on My Prefs, then you have Thread Options and Post Options...which lets you choose how many threads and posts you want per page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
Does the app allow you to remove that annoying sent from my Evo using tapatalk sig?
Yes, you would go to Menu > Settings and there's an option for "Tapatalk Signature", which you can turn off. You can also change the number of posts per page.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: Is there a PPCGeeks app or will there ever be one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

No Doubt!
I wish I could still use it!
Hibby did a nice job on it!
He sure did, but then the support for that program wen't away. That's when I got bummed out. It just started to slowly deteriorate.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Cool Re: Is there a PPCGeeks app or will there ever be one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Hibby made one back then and I also created a Widget for WM6.5+.

I believe Android programming is mostly Java, which I'm not too familiar with, but if I did an app, it would basically be a wrapper that would just use WiForums, but it would give you a dedicated icon in your launcher. It would be awesome to create a widget that uses the RSS feed to show you recent news articles or recent threads too!

When you go to WiForums, click on My Prefs, then you have Thread Options and Post Options...which lets you choose how many threads and posts you want per page.

Yes, you would go to Menu > Settings and there's an option for "Tapatalk Signature", which you can turn off. You can also change the number of posts per page.
If you do have the time, and if you have the resources available to you, you should totally create an app for Android based with PPCGeeks.com
Old 06-18-2010, 02:01 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

I purchased tapatalk. Its great for many forums I visit. Big timesaver and browses fast and is easy to read

Sent from my Evo 4g using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games