PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: pandora or slacker radio?

I like Octane and Alt Nation and Lithium
Old 04-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I tried the desktop version of Pandora before and it would play songs I picked, but then it would play artists I've never heard of and definitely wasn't my taste.

I started messing around with Slacker tonight and it seems pretty good. I'll use it some more and see if I can find a channel I like.

For those of you familiar with XM radio, I like what used to be Squizz, which is now Octane.
Don't mess with other people's channels, make a custom channel. That way you get what you really like.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 04-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney View Post
Don't mess with other people's channels, make a custom channel. That way you get what you really like.
I tried that with Pandora and it kept playing crap I've never heard of, like it was startup bands or something lol.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

last.fm for me
Old 04-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I tried that with Pandora and it kept playing crap I've never heard of, like it was startup bands or something lol.
Slacker is not Pandora! lol Custom channels is where Slacker just destroys Pandora. It is much smarter with favorites and the genre they are in.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

After messing around with the custom stations more, my vote goes to Slacker. So far I have liked every song its played and it has only payed from artists that I've tagged. I think I've setup a station similar to Octane/Squizz
Old 04-07-2010, 11:51 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I love slacker radio on Windows mobile... on android I noticed slacker radio is a bit not stable at the moment for android.. at least the version i tried on my friends.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

I'll have to go give Last.Fm and Slacker a try, I've always been pretty happy with Pandora (though I know what you're all talking about with the small selection of music).
Will post up my feelings once I give them a good run through!
My Epic 4G Battery Reviews
Beware of some 32GB MicroSD Cards
Old 04-10-2010, 03:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

jbag is just getting started

ive listened to octane whenever i am on xm radio, i dont like paying for something that is free . i like pandora's music selection except the issue is they dont have enough songs per genre and on a 3hr drive it starts repeating itself. just setup last.fm and gonna start using it instead when i drive.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

I like Last.Fm, don't like Slacker too much (though haven't tried a custom station yet so the jury's still out). I'll give them both some more time, I know Pandora waits patiently for my return haha

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games