PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 06:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2/10 patched rootfs: More working keyboard keys and classic home for Rhod210/400/

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Happy to help. I assume you meant to include a "you" in that question?

The answer to that is nope, unfortunately. I'd love to take the time to delve deeper into Android in the future, but I'm pretty busy too, and at the moment, I just don't know enough to add anything useful by making my own build.

I mainly try and help every now and then by finding issues present in the main XDAndroid build and kicking back solutions if I can find them.
Yep, I left out the "you" there. Thanks a lot again for the guide. I'm trying to figure out what I need when I use the terminal under Android. For example, I need the ESC key (in case I use vi); I want to use the up and down arrows to scroll through the previous commands. I guess the available ones, based on your kcm mapping, are the caps_fn combo value, which no one really uses. So I'll assign the ESC key to FN+Caps+E. Gotta play around with these a little more. Too bad I can't mount the *.bin file (compiled from the cross-compiler tool you attached in your post) in the last section of froyo.user.conf because it's an executable and I don't think the executable (+w) attribute is preserved when you mount it from a non-Linux partiton; it will make it easy for me to try out stuff via mounting without have to repackage the whole rootfs image.

Here's the ASCII table I'm using to figure out the hex value for the keys I want: http://www.unix-manuals.com/refs/misc/ascii-table.html

UPDATE: Ha, I figured out to use the up and down arrows to view previous commands. The terminal program defaults to /bin/sh as the shell. Up and down arrows display previous commands only in the bash shell, but it's not available; however /bin/ash is; so I just have to enter "ash" at the prompt and I'm in ash and hence am not able to user the up/down cursors to view the previous shell commands.

Time to hack away:

I would like to try to rebuild the kernel myself and play around with it. What I want to try is apply the RT-PREEMPT patch (https://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/RT_PREEMPT_HOWTO) to the kernel and see if it improves the userland application performance. I've worked a little with the usbnet driver so I want to see if I can get that to work so we can tether via USB.

Last edited by ndno; 02-18-2011 at 06:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:07 AM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: 2/10 patched rootfs: More working keyboard keys and classic home for Rhod210/400/

Hi manekineko, in what rootfs file are the long press settings you have assigned?

Quote:
Power Long Press: Switch between recent programs
End Call Long Press: Android power menu
Since I'm swapping the power function back to the power button, I want to update the long press also. Thanks!

I'm adding/changing some of the missing symbols as follows (so I can access them under the terminal)

Quote:
Fn-A = [
Fn-S = ]
Fn-D = {
Fn-F = }
Fn-R = <
Fn-T = Tab
Fn-Y = >
Fn-X = ~ (tilda)
Fn-Z = ` (back quote)

Last edited by ndno; 02-18-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Hi manekineko, in what rootfs file are the long press settings you have assigned?

Since I'm swapping the power function back to the power button, I want to update the long press also. Thanks!

I'm adding/changing some of the missing symbols as follows (so I can access them under the terminal)
Unfortunately, the long presses are fixed by the Android framework. Home long press will invoke recent apps, and power/end call long press invoke the power menu.

If you want to change that you'd have to dive into the source code.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:45 PM
VIP Member

OK, I'm just going to leave the End and Power button functionalities like you have it and just get into the habit of using them like that.

With that said, attached is my rootfs.img (I took yours and edited it for the Sprint TP2 - Rhod400) which has the added symbols added to the physical keyboard (I need them because I use the terminal emulator a lot and need access to them):

Quote:
Fn-A = [
Fn-S = ]
Fn-D = {
Fn-F = }
Fn-R = <
Fn-T = Tab
Fn-Y = >
Fn-X = ~ (tilda)
Fn-Z = ` (back quote)
Fn-Caps-E = ESC
Attached Files
File Type: zip rootfs.zip (4.84 MB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: 2/28 patched rootfs: More working keyboard keys and classic home for Rhod210/400/

Added a second rootfs.img that uses the latest rootfs image that enables screen rotation on the XDAndroid GBX builds.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: bouygues

damien50 is a n00b
Re: 2/28 patched rootfs: More working keyboard keys and classic home for Rhod210/400/

hi,

I try your rootfs but it seem to be doesn't completely work on rhod100_fr.
The power button doesn't do that :
  • Power: Power on / Home
  • Power Long Press: Switch between recent programs
But just Power on and off.
Thx for your work.

Edit : It's works with the last Rootfs of F22 on xda

Last edited by damien50; 03-01-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien50 View Post
hi,

I try your rootfs but it seem to be doesn't completely work on rhod100_fr.
The power button doesn't do that :
  • Power: Power on / Home
  • Power Long Press: Switch between recent programs
But just Power on and off.
Thx for your work.

Edit : It's works with the last Rootfs of F22 on xda
As stated in the first post, Rhod100 isn't supported, sorry!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: bouygues

damien50 is a n00b

OK, If you want make it works, I can test.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Dell Axim x51v

slimbrown29 is a n00b

Thank you. Just flashed to Android for the first time and the numerous back key presses to get to home were frustrating to say the least.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2