PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 08:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37
MR1/MR2 fix for aGPS with VZ Navigator (Verizon)

I will be adding links later on, but for those who are resourceful, this could be helpful with out the links.

***You will be charged the $9.99 monthly fee for using VZ Navigator, this is NOT meant as a freebie, I simply figured out how to get past the driver and certificate issues.***

As usual, I am not responsible for any screw ups on your phone. I finalized this fix at 5 AM, after spending well over 72 hours pondering and flashing ROMs, failing countless times before I actually got it to work.

Now, on to the good stuff. I did this with the MR1 upgrade, I downloaded the MR1 RUU at about 4 AM and it was the newest update at the time. At 6 AM when I went to get the link, they now have a MR2 upgrade listed. I am attempting these same steps on the MR2 ROM after I post this.

This was done on an XV6800 (Verizon).
Unlocked with nueSPL-2.47.
ROM: 3.57.605.1 (Build 19212.1.0.3)
Radio: 3.37.75
WM 6.1 Professional

Step 1: Flash MR1 Update and run through the normal setup (The ROM is now "semi-locked/locked.")

Step 2: Load VZ Navigator 4.1.0.120-PROD.cab

[I also loaded VZW_Visual_Voicemail.cab, but Verizon says they are not yet able to add the feature to the account to run this service, but may be coming soon because they Tech Reps had a meeting yesterday morning that said a number of phones were going to be added to the list for using the VVW.]

Step 3: Run through the full setup on the CABs installed in Step 2. This installs your Certificates, Drivers, and makes the requires Registry Entries.

Step 4: Install and setup all of your CAB's of choice. There are some that will not install at this time such as "dotFred RegEditor" and a handful of others...don't worry, just set these aside in a pretty little folder and install them later.

Once you have gone through all of your setups (this is to make sure Registry entries are already made, such as with iContacts changing information on your Today screen, which will require another Registry Edit if you decide to put it on, simple fix though.) It is now time to move on to the next step, so go ahead and get your Titan synced back up with Active Sync 4.5 if it's not already.

Step 5: Install (on your PC) CeRegistry Editor. After the install, and once your phone's Synced, run CeRegistry Editor.

Step 6: Press [F1] to "Make a Connection with you Device"
-You should see your 3 main folders: HKCR, HKCU, and HKLM.

Step 7: On your Menu Bar Select "Tools">"Unlock Registry"
-This will allow you to make your registry edits with out erroring out when you try to.

Step 8: Make the following Edits/Additions to your Registry (This disables Certificate Security...ie "Unlocks") :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1001 = 2
-> Change the value data from 2 to 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1005 = 16
-> Change the value data from 16 to 40
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1017 = 160
-> Change the value data from 160 to 144
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Security\Policies\Policies
-> Add new value "0000101b": Dword = 1

Now, the THIRD ICON from the left is a green button, when you hover over it, you will notice this button will perform a "Soft Reset" on your phone. You can press this button, or simply hold your reset button on the phone itself for about 2 seconds to manually do a soft reset.

Step 9: Verify that your VZ Navigator still loads up and functions. If it does not, then Sync back up, and verify that you made the correct entries in your Registry.

Step 10: Go back and install all those CABs that wouldn't install or run earlier due to your phone being locked.

Enjoy the freedom of an unlocked ROM with aGPS. Be sure that you call up Customer Service and ask them to try out VZ Navigator. I believe you can still "Test Drive" it for 30 days for free, but Customer Service still has to put it on your account.

There were many members here at ppcgeeks, over at xda-developers, verizon-xv6800.com, as well as a new member here "Yoda" who is a personal friend of mine and a Microsoft Certified Technician who helped out with provideing me with the knowledge to pull this off.

A particular member over at xda-developers deserves a very big THANK YOU! Thanks Tegrad. Check out his post (#11) at this link if you want to do some more tweaks while you're in your registry. I did 90% of them, and they all worked flawlessly! Anything from the unlock information I posted above, to setting your tower checks, increasing your phone volume, switching your bluetooth from Mono to Stereo, and playing with your LED indicators. It's a long list, but worth mentioning.

GaMedic's ROM was my insperation (and my back up if I completely screwed up my attempts!). I liked everything about his ROM except that I couldn't use my VZ Navigator, which I actually like and don't mind the monthly charge for. And for the following CAB files I threw in to mirror GaMedic's ROM as close as I could both visually and functionally (as far as I can tell at the moment), and a couple that I added for personallization:

***www.Dashwire.com from the PC and m.dashwire.com from your phone for the CAB.(Backing up contacts, text messages, pictures, videos, and emails...FREE!)

***Google Maps

***Marsware Weather Panel (Thanks GaMedic for pointing me to this, it's great and quite accurate)

***Pocket Digital Clock (Thanks again to XDA-Developers for the special fonts)

***PocketRAR

***S2U2 (Cool little functional tricks all over the place in the setup), S2P, S2V (great photo viewer).

***VZW Visual Voicemail.

***VZ Navigator

***Yahoo! GO

***Carlos Black Diamond Dialer (TITAN version)...Be sure to allow the reset for this to work!

***Black Diamond Theme

***iContacts Black Theme (Be sure to pay attention to the RegEdits at the link above to move your button from the left to the right of your today screen to replace your factory Contacts.lnk)

***MP3 Trimmer-Diamond

***dotFred RegEditor

***XDA-Team Opal Volume Control

***HTC Opal Comm Manager 2.7.1.8

Please note that I did not develop ANY of the above CABs. I will be sure to credit those responsible later on. I have to look them all up again.

Now I am going to try the MR2 Upgrade and see if this works their too. I will edit this post with a simple one liner to Update you guys/gals.

Enjoy!

***EDIT*** I removed iContacts due to a lack aof stability. There may be a newer release out there that I will try when I find it. But for now, iContacts has been removed and I have had no further issues on the MR2 upgrade with these modifications. Also, the MR2 is an RUU. If someone is able to convert an RUU to be used via the SD method, please pass the info on as to the "How To's" or post the file here so we can have a back-up and watch things progress.

Last edited by Tplane37; 01-23-2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Update
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37
Re: MR1/MR2 fix for aGPS with VZ Navigator (Verizon)

Click HERE for the MR1 and MR2 Upgrade Downloads.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

For some reason I cannot save my EDIT's in here at the moment, So I will have to post separate until I can EDIT my current posts.

This fix does work on the MR2 Mod. The only issue I had today was that "iContacts" encountered an error that I had to reboot to correct. I am looking for a more functional contact CAB that will maintain the Blue on Black theme I am going after. Can anyone tell me how to create themes? I'll browse for the answer in the mean time.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

abuttino is a n00b

Just so I have this right, you have Visual VoiceMail on the 6800?
Old 01-23-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuttino View Post
Just so I have this right, you have Visual VoiceMail on the 6800?
I do have the Visual Voicemail on it, but when I called to have it activated on my account, the Tech2 I talked to said it is not yet available for the 6800. He did say it may be available soon. It did install without a hitch, but I couldn't activate it on my account.

And as new as I am to all of this, I am wondering if I am missing something with the whole Locked/Unlocked functionality bit. While I know there are some things that are not accessible with a Lock ROM, Unlocking in the way I did above allows RegEdits and changes in the Windows directory and the GPS with Google (kind of). So why isn't this method used more? What can be done with a cooked ROM that cannot be achieved with the method I listed above?

Last edited by Tplane37; 01-23-2009 at 03:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

daytonboi2004 is a n00b

do you still have the cab for the visual voicemail i've been looking all over for it.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonboi2004 View Post
do you still have the cab for the visual voicemail i've been looking all over for it.
***Verizon Visual Voicemail (Thanks to a Verizon Wireless Tech2 with Verizon for emailing this to me, She's one of my Microsoft Certified contacts!)
***Carlos Black Diamond Dialer (Great work Carlos)
***Volume Control
***Pocket Digital Clock (I have 36 Font options for the clock. Special thanks to XDA-Developers.com)
***Verizon Navigator 4.0 Production (Thanks to the same Tech that sent me the VVM, certificate files have been slightly tweaked to try and help solve a number of issue. Don't know what it was, but Networks in Motion had something to do with this mod as well.)

Last edited by Tplane37; 01-23-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

***S2U2 QVGA
***S2U2 Clock Pack
***S2V (Photo & Video Program)
***S2P (For music)
***Weather Panel 2009 (Thanks to GaMedic for recommending this)

Thanks to whomever A_C is for developing the S2* CABs
Attached Files
File Type: zip S2U2-1.42-QVGA.zip (673.9 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar S2U2ClockPack.rar (182.6 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip S2V-0.42-QVGA.zip (73.2 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip S2P-0.58-QVGA.zip (227.3 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab WeatherPanel_2009.CAB (2.43 MB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-23-2009, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

***Google Maps
***Dashwire (CAB for the 6800, go to www.Dashwire.com and set up a username and password to sync/backup your Contacts, Texts, Call History, Photos, & Videos. Go into settings on your phone while in Dashwire, set to "Manual Update" to save on memory usage.)
***Comm Manager 2.7.1.8
***Personalizer 2.0 (Change your "Operator Name" to what ever you want it to be. If you do it in the Registry, it goes back to "Verizon Wireless" after you reboot. This CAB is very light and it's only function is to change your Operator name.)
Old 01-23-2009, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

***HTC Diamond MP3 Trimmer

Be sure to thank DotFred for the following, these are great apps!

***Task Manager
***Task Switcher
***Soft Key App (Change your shortcuts where the "Calender" and "Contacts" currently are on the Today screen)
***Notify Me (Alert when your SD Card is pulled out)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development