View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Tplane37
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37
Re: MR1/MR2 fix for aGPS with VZ Navigator (Verizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuttino View Post
Just so I have this right, you have Visual VoiceMail on the 6800?
I do have the Visual Voicemail on it, but when I called to have it activated on my account, the Tech2 I talked to said it is not yet available for the 6800. He did say it may be available soon. It did install without a hitch, but I couldn't activate it on my account.

And as new as I am to all of this, I am wondering if I am missing something with the whole Locked/Unlocked functionality bit. While I know there are some things that are not accessible with a Lock ROM, Unlocking in the way I did above allows RegEdits and changes in the Windows directory and the GPS with Google (kind of). So why isn't this method used more? What can be done with a cooked ROM that cannot be achieved with the method I listed above?

Last edited by Tplane37; 01-23-2009 at 03:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.