PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

cyclohexanol is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to upgrade an xv6800 with the new Sprint ROM

Ok, couple questions now that my phone is working.

1) I realized that I didn't select Arcsoft MMS from the dcd kitchen installer, so now I have no MMS functionality. If I reflash with dcd kitchen and include MMS this time, will I end up on hold with tech support again because of the a-key issue?

2) GPS Viewer takes like 3 minutes to get a lock when I'm standing on the roof of my building. Inside the building, 5-10 minutes (if it ever locks). Today I was at the beach with no buildings around and couldn't get -any- satellites. I tried from a park with a couple buildings around and still couldn't get -any- satellites. Is this expected from the gpsOne chip? Would I get better results using a BT keychain GPS?

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2008, 01:59 AM
Lurker

vivlive is a n00b

Thanks in advance
Old 03-25-2008, 07:47 AM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

kcmoney13 is a n00b

Cyclo,

1) I ran into the same issue with the MMS because I read someones guide and it said to leave the default checkboxes checked on DCD Kitchen. I also had to redo my phone. The good news is you go not have to call verizon and set on hold for an a-key. Atleast I didnt. It booted up and connected fine.

2) I am experiencing the same issues as you with my gps, long wait times for a lock. I have asked the question before if others have had this issue. But no resoponse. I was beginning to think they were all having long wait times until yesterday i redid my friends sprint phone and his connected imediately. Has anyone else found a fix for the slow connect issue to GPS?
Old 03-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Lurker

cyclohexanol is a n00b

Thanks for the reply! I'll try reflashing with DCD kitchen to get MMS back. That's weird about the GPS thing, I guess I'll have to wait for the verdict/solution on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmoney13 View Post
Cyclo,

1) I ran into the same issue with the MMS because I read someones guide and it said to leave the default checkboxes checked on DCD Kitchen. I also had to redo my phone. The good news is you go not have to call verizon and set on hold for an a-key. Atleast I didnt. It booted up and connected fine.

2) I am experiencing the same issues as you with my gps, long wait times for a lock. I have asked the question before if others have had this issue. But no resoponse. I was beginning to think they were all having long wait times until yesterday i redid my friends sprint phone and his connected imediately. Has anyone else found a fix for the slow connect issue to GPS?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Lurker

cyclohexanol is a n00b

Ok, sorry one more question. When you reflashed with DCD kitchen to add MMS, did you do hard reset first, or just flash it?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:09 PM
N00b

kcmoney13 is a n00b

You are running into the same questions as me my friend. I didnt do a hard reset i just cooked the rom with the MMS feature checked off and loaded it back on.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Lurker

cyclohexanol is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: How to upgrade an xv6800 with the new Sprint ROM

Fantastic, thanks so much for the response. I will go ahead and cook a new rom and flash it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmoney13 View Post
You are running into the same questions as me my friend. I didnt do a hard reset i just cooked the rom with the MMS feature checked off and loaded it back on.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Ozone

scheu001 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckotek View Post
Here are the steps I have successfully used many times to upgrade my xv6800 to the new radio and a custom ROM.

*DO NOT LET THE SPRINT CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN!!!
Why do I have to be the dipsh!t to ask? How do I undo my screw-up if the Sprint customizations ran when I took a phone call (on desk phone--didn't see the *@&# countdown timer!)

Anyone got any idea how to fix an Alltel phone? I've tried reloading Olipro 2.40, then falling back to 3.27 which was an older radio that supported GPS. Because of Sprint's "special sauce", I don't seem to be able to downgrade. Also tried downgrading to dcd's custom Titan ROM from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=362566

That ROM installs OK, but the dialer still shows "Sprint PCS" and it won't activate on Alltel using *228.

Last edited by scheu001; 03-25-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

Half Decaf is becoming a great contributor

I am having a problem with preparing for the flash. I am trying to get the pre- info, but when I dial ##778 I get a recording saying "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, your call cannot be completed as dialed. Is there another number I should be dialing to get my pre- info?

Edit: nm, I was able to get it to work. The first time I tried it, I dialed ##778#. I read that VZ doesn't use the last #, so I would then dial ##778, but the phone would insert the last # anyway - I had to delete it manually.

Last edited by Half Decaf; 03-26-2008 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Osteo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheu001 View Post
Why do I have to be the dipsh!t to ask? How do I undo my screw-up if the Sprint customizations ran when I took a phone call (on desk phone--didn't see the *@&# countdown timer!)
After I goofed and screwed up my VZ phone with Sprint *228 option 2 (basically making my phone a Sprint phone), I had to relock, reinstall the original stock ROM, unlock, run the Sprint radio / rom upgrade, skip the customizations, and upgrade to the custom rom (n2c 5055 which is stable beyond belief for me!). You could go that route...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development