PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
eb13 battery sucks

Today, I got 6hrs out of the phone. 4pm to 10pm. The only reason I can post now is that I went t my car and charged it for 15 minutes between bands. This sucks. 6hrs... I might as well get a netbok and leave it on in my pocket.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:23 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: eb13 battery sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
Today, I got 6hrs out of the phone. 4pm to 10pm. The only reason I can post now is that I went t my car and charged it for 15 minutes between bands. This sucks. 6hrs... I might as well get a netbok and leave it on in my pocket.
I don't know I had it work for 2 days without charge on stock kernel..what does it say is eating up your battery?

Are you running any app thats draining battery maybe?

and are you using the custom kernel thats OC/UV?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-28-2011, 01:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Stock everything or I would have posted.
This ismy second flash of the stock rom if you are paying attention
Nothing is installed that hasn't been installed other times. Thebattery jus steadly drains to death at a quick march.

I have noticed that a lot of applications crash a lot and there is a lot of application hanging.

Te other sad thing is midnightrom 3.2 showed a quadran score of 1870. Stok eb13 has a quadrant score of 980.

I know how your battery lasted that long, your phone was turned off.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:04 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Stock everything or I would have posted.
This ismy second flash of the stock rom if you are paying attention
Nothing is installed that hasn't been installed other times. Thebattery jus steadly drains to death at a quick march.
Yeah I know thats why I didnt ask if you used update.zip method or not..I pay attention..just wasn't sure if you did any changes since then..

Quote:
I have noticed that a lot of applications crash a lot and there is a lot of application hanging.
Can you be a bit more specific? also did you try killing the DRM service? (not sure if its still a battery drain or not but it might help)

Quote:
Te other sad thing is midnightrom 3.2 showed a quadran score of 1870. Stok eb13 has a quadrant score of 980.
We both know Quadrant is a flawed benchmark..try Smartbench or GLBenchmark..for one EXT4 is completely off on Quadrant...

Quote:
I know how your battery lasted that long, your phone was turned off.
Lol..it wasn't off..I was using stock rom and kernel and DRM still on phone..but I will admit I didnt get a chance to setup syncing yet for one... only restored my apps

Try loading up the Genocide kernel and killing DRM..
Old 02-28-2011, 03:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Sorry, might have been typing that while driving... Mostly the txt app forced closes all the time. It also hangs a lot going back to all convos from a thread. I do have 8200 txts saved.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:36 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Sorry, might have been typing that while driving... Mostly the txt app forced closes all the time. It also hangs a lot going back to all convos from a thread. I do have 8200 txts saved.
If your having lag on accessing data like that then EXT4 will help with the I/O related stuff..

That said..Typing and Driving is a NO NO!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:52 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

gTen is right - the OC/UV Genocide kernel is the way to go. I recommend going EXT4 and flashing the latest midNIGHT ROM, but to each his own. At a minimum you should flash the new kernel (its dual compatible - RFS and EXT4). I get 16+ hours out of my phone every day and it still has 40% or more when I plug it in at bedtime.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

avlon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Using EB13 the last couple of days, the battery drain is noticeably quicker than DK28.

TBH, While EB13 is a tad smoother, it seems to be buggier than DK28 was for me.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
If your having lag on accessing data like that then EXT4 will help with the I/O related stuff..

That said..Typing and Driving is a NO NO!
huh... I probably should have backed up my 8200 txts before (last backed up 2/24/11) trying to load a saved xml file of 22K txts... This phone is no happy. text no worky and nothing that accesses texts works. The phone also keeps having touchwiz rebooting.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

how do I load a kernel? and if I do, will all my data still be there?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G