PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: How to jailbreak ps3 with Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
Config USB loader > USB loader GX

but that's my opinion

/threadjack
correct.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:31 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Configurable usb is money! Got goldeneye and Cod Black Ops working.

Sent from my Epic 3G on SERO.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Configurable usb is money! Got goldeneye and Cod Black Ops working.

No...seriously? I'm not buying it... I just bought a new playsation 3 with move bundle.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk while your mom was putting her clothes on.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:24 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Seriously, I'm thinking about picking up a ps3 on craigslist for $200 if you can play backups on it! That's why I bought a wii. Using an external hard drive I've got about 30 games I can load up without using any discs.

until recently, only 3.41 (or lower) ps3 could be jailbroke... (to play your legal backups)

E3 Card Reader 3.42, 3.50 and above Downgrader Released! - PSX PS2 PS3 Scene Modchip & Jailbreak Community
Firmware 3.50 - Unlocked with the dongle X3Max - PSX PS2 PS3 Scene Modchip & Jailbreak Community

Quote:
I'm in the same boat as you re: the Wii

I have about 80 games. The newest addition to the 'pack' are all 3 of the "Just dance" series.. and most notably, this weekend we got "Michael Jackson, The Experience".. very cool stuff..

And as it were, you don't need to look on Craigslist for a PS3.. I happen to have an original 60gig w/ 2 controllers and about 10-15 bluray discs that the wife has strongly suggested that I get rid of because we don't play it. If I happen to get a PM about this, I'd be OK with it

[/threadjack]

EDIT: To the OP, here's a link to XDA-Developers, PSfreedom where it's being discussed a bit more. Hope this helps
lol, you could always post a thread with pictures in bargain trader...maybe trade it for a phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
As gullzway said; according to this
www.psfreedom.com/wiki/index.php?title=Device_compatibility_list

It's still in progress.

I'll say... Don't do it unless you want to be banned from playing on the playstation network.

Sony doesn't ban hacked units!

what they do is release a new software update, then force you to upgrade for online access...
... just like 3.42 and 3.5 had patched the jailbreak exploit ... the battle ensues
Old 12-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
lol, you could always post a thread with pictures in bargain trader...maybe trade it for a phone?
No need to. It's already sold and I'm shipping it out tomorrow LMFAO..

Nintendo does something similar w/ the Wii.. although not as quickly as Sony does. They push system updates to close loopholes and prevent playing legally backed up games. My kids are harsh on Discs so I'm very thankful for the USB drive I have velcro holding to the side of mine HAHAHAHAHAHa

however, I'm still able to play Mario Kart online against other players, so it appears as though they still allow online play as long as you're not using ocarina (cheats)

[/threadjack]
Old 12-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
until recently, only 3.41 (or lower) ps3 could be jailbroke... (to play your legal backups)

E3 Card Reader 3.42, 3.50 and above Downgrader Released! - PSX PS2 PS3 Scene Modchip & Jailbreak Community
Firmware 3.50 - Unlocked with the dongle X3Max - PSX PS2 PS3 Scene Modchip & Jailbreak Community

Sony doesn't ban hacked units!

what they do is release a new software update, then force you to upgrade for online access...
... just like 3.42 and 3.5 had patched the jailbreak exploit ... the battle ensues
I read somewhere that there was a hack that can caused you t get banned from ever participating in the ps3 network based on your mac address on the ps3 being "blacklisted" Anyway I'm not afraid to hack my ps3 but if I do I won't try to playing online. And I'm still on 3.42

So and you're right it won't let me online till I update as required first. But as I'm reading through the wikis and threads I was wondering if I should wait before updating to use the hack or update latest official version first?

Old 12-06-2010, 06:56 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
No need to. It's already sold and I'm shipping it out tomorrow LMFAO..

Nintendo does something similar w/ the Wii.. although not as quickly as Sony does. They push system updates to close loopholes and prevent playing legally backed up games. My kids are harsh on Discs so I'm very thankful for the USB drive I have velcro holding to the side of mine HAHAHAHAHAHa

however, I'm still able to play Mario Kart online against other players, so it appears as though they still allow online play as long as you're not using ocarina (cheats)

[/threadjack]
My Wii is still on 4.0 and I can play all the latest games. You can just flash whichever cIOS the game needs to run without updating the Wii firmware. For example, C.O.D. Black OPs needs CIOS249 [57 Base] Rev 20. Just put it on your Wii using wadmanager.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

tradegames45.com is a n00b

has anybody tried the ps jailbreak usb dongle or the ps groove exploit? I don't know if the ps jailbreak is for real or they're just ripping people off.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:11 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
I read somewhere that there was a hack that can caused you to get banned from ever participating in the ps3 network based on your mac address on the ps3 being "blacklisted"
well don't believe everything you read

while it can absolutely be possible, Sony hasn't done it yet...

Quote:
So and you're right it won't let me online till I update as required first. But as I'm reading through the wikis and threads I was wondering if I should wait before updating to use the hack or update latest official version first?
If you're already on 3.42 then you might as well update to 3.50 (cuz either way you can downgrade)

Right now the 3.5 jailbreak hasn't been released - check out this long thread on it...

Basically you can either get the E3 which has been confirmed to work (by gary, admin @ PSX-Scene) for downgrade on 3.50 and 3.42, another similar jailbreak card that has released downgrade support, wait for X3Max to release their 3.50 jailbreak payload, or wait for further development on one of the other many other hack cards (which you must pay for) or the psgroove (free) side and use one of many devices supported by psgroove once the payload has been ported.

Anyway it looks like the scene is moving fast, check out this

While E3 was the first, they are no longer the only 'downgrade' option and soon that will spread like wildfire! if you read up on any of the plethora of sites I've linked you will know that service mode has been unlocked, and that's what makes downgrading possible....

On the flip side, Sony has announced their new 3.55 Firmware
Old 12-08-2010, 04:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
On the flip side, Sony has announced their new 3.55 Firmware
Damn sony coming up pretty fast by exploiting the hacks. If they lose this war... All the ps3 consoles will be discounted at exceptionally low rate and a new video game console will be announced by then. Them hackers keep pushing them to the edge.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Tags
epic, jailbreak, ps3