View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 03:11 AM
puff
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to jailbreak ps3 with Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
I read somewhere that there was a hack that can caused you to get banned from ever participating in the ps3 network based on your mac address on the ps3 being "blacklisted"
well don't believe everything you read

while it can absolutely be possible, Sony hasn't done it yet...

Quote:
So and you're right it won't let me online till I update as required first. But as I'm reading through the wikis and threads I was wondering if I should wait before updating to use the hack or update latest official version first?
If you're already on 3.42 then you might as well update to 3.50 (cuz either way you can downgrade)

Right now the 3.5 jailbreak hasn't been released - check out this long thread on it...

Basically you can either get the E3 which has been confirmed to work (by gary, admin @ PSX-Scene) for downgrade on 3.50 and 3.42, another similar jailbreak card that has released downgrade support, wait for X3Max to release their 3.50 jailbreak payload, or wait for further development on one of the other many other hack cards (which you must pay for) or the psgroove (free) side and use one of many devices supported by psgroove once the payload has been ported.

Anyway it looks like the scene is moving fast, check out this

While E3 was the first, they are no longer the only 'downgrade' option and soon that will spread like wildfire! if you read up on any of the plethora of sites I've linked you will know that service mode has been unlocked, and that's what makes downgrading possible....

On the flip side, Sony has announced their new 3.55 Firmware