PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch: CAN'T answer an incoming call !!!

This has happened to be several times in the past with my Touch, original firmware. It happened again on my Touch, upgraded to WM6.1. I imagine its a general WM problem -- does it happen on a Mogul, etc ?

Basically, the phone rings, I see "Incoming call", but no matter how many times I hit the TALK button, or the Answer soft button, I simply CANNOT answer the call... eventually it goes to VM. This condition clears after I dismiss all pending notifications (particularly voice mails).

What I think is happening is that about the same time that the call comes in, other notifications happen (e.g. incoming SMS, reminders). Somehow these all get jammed up such that one cannot clear the other notifications to answer the call, and the call is taking priority over the other notifications on the screen, so you cannot deal with the other notifications first. Basically a notification deadlock until the call goes to VM.

I don't think in this case it is a lag issue (I've seen those too, where the call eventually gets answered, after many secs. That doesn't seem to happen nearly as often in WM6.1)...

This is getting pretty annoying though... again... gets in a state where I simply can't answer a call!!! ugh...
Old 07-23-2008, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

davidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch: CAN'T answer an incoming call !!!

That happens to me sometimes, i think it is because of a data connection that is still active. Once the connection ends, it should answer, if there is still time before it goes to voice mail.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

Laserbeme is a n00b

This happened to me too. At first I thought it was S2U2 but still happened after I uninstalled the program. I rolled my eyes and then cooked up a new kitchen build and the problem was resolved.

...now it's normal, except I always get a little nervous when there's any delay (ie "normal" software delays) between me pressing "talk" and the phone answering a call.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work

Do you have Schap's Advanced Configuration installed -- and have you used it to make any changes to connection settings? I found that to cause this problem on my Sprint Touch (and others at xda-developers reported the same thing).
Old 07-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6900

dannyboy3158 is a n00b

Yea the quick fix for that is to dial ##778# and put in ur lock code... Then hit view info , modem settings and change your slot cycle from 2 to 1.... Fixes that issue 99% of the time....
Old 07-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp

Iv had the same issue on every rom iv made/used... it works if you bring up the phone and tell it to dial a number, instead of dialing it will pickup the call... it only happens every ONCE is a while
Old 07-24-2008, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMeys View Post
Do you have Schap's Advanced Configuration installed -- and have you used it to make any changes to connection settings? I found that to cause this problem on my Sprint Touch (and others at xda-developers reported the same thing).
Yes, I DID install that thing recently. I don't remember making any changes using it, but it is possible... If that's the culprit, how you I undo it ? (pls don't say hard reset (ugh))...

No, the slot cycle index is not the solution... actually I already had it set to 1... it is not a late to ring issue, it is a when it rings, I CANNOT pick the call up...

Yes it seems to be related to the Phone app getting activated, so I can see that if I can manually switch to Phone, it would allow the pickup...
Old 07-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work

I would first try to uninstall Advanced Configuration and soft reset. If that works, fine, if not, you might need to hard reset (and of course, not install it again). Good luck.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

da.bell is a n00b

I had that issue also. I did a hard reset and am slowly installing the software that I like again. One software package every two days.

I did have S2U2 and Advance Configuration installed before the hard reset.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMeys View Post
I would first try to uninstall Advanced Configuration and soft reset. If that works, fine, if not, you might need to hard reset (and of course, not install it again). Good luck.
I bit the bullet and did the hard reset. I reinstalled just about everything, except the Schap's Adv.Conf. of course. So far it seems MUCH better (haven't had the problem yet...)

Thanks for the tip... probably saved me ALOT of future frustration...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue