PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800
Carrier: Sprint

CrazyCzech is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Love the new 800W so far

After waiting for a long time and then trying the HTC Touch Pro, (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...zyczech&page=5 ) which had pieces falling off after -- 1st one 4 days, second one out of the box -- I love the Treo 800w.
Maybe I'm partial to Treos going on to my 4th, but this thing rocks.
After few registry tweaks and adding SPB Mobile Shell 2 this thing is incredible. Fast fun, convenient....and a lot cheaper than the Touch Pro (or as it's being referred to on forums TP which to me after trying = TOILET PAPER)
Three gripes:
1.did not come with screen protector (few bucks @ Frys)
2. stylus is plastic, flimsy (but screen is very responsive to even light touch)
3. PROPRIETARY PLUG!!!!!! WHY AGAIN, ALWAYS!!!!

Other than that....highly recommended
Old 11-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800

CrazyCzech is just getting started
Re: 800w Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber00Dak View Post
I am also diisgusted with this phone. Im on my 3rd one in less than a month. Between the battery life, speakerphone, lack of soft-reset, and quite a few other things im just sick of it. I have contacted Sprint, they will send me a Diamond once they are available and if I decide I still want a keyboard, I was told I can exchange the Diamond for the Touch Pro once it is available. Just an idea for anyone else tired of messing with this POS.

As far as the battery life goes, I dont think that a higher mah version should be mandatory to get the phone to last more than 8 hours with normal use.

Don't bother with the Touch Pro, it's a POS!!!
Old 11-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w
Carrier: sprint

silentsamurai is a n00b

hello all this is my first time posting anything in a forum i have had the treo 800w for 2 weeks now. I love the phone so far i upgraded from the original moto q and have no regrets the only real problem have is the battery life but i ordered the extended battery and awaiting its arrival
Old 12-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

motocrossyz85 is just getting started

I got this phone about 4 months ago. I have had to get the first one replaced because my text message tone kept going to the default tone and because it would just randomly reset and was laggy... oh and the best part wouldint boot if the phones battery life completly depleted.

So now I have the second phone.. and THE SAME PROBLEMS ARE OCCURING!!! I have been a treo guy for a long time now but I am seriously getting sick of this! The treo 800w is a good phone. And if the problems were corrected I would like it alot! but there not and even after updating it... I still have the same problems. So can I reccommend this phone? Yes but im really dissapointed in the problems that I have been running in to.

I might go to a diamond unless you guys give me enough information to change my mind.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor

hold out just a little while longer.... Treo Pro coming soon to sprint!!

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 12-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

motocrossyz85 is just getting started

Really!? I have been wondering about that. Isint the treo pro like night and day diffrence?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrossyz85 View Post
Really!? I have been wondering about that. Isint the treo pro like night and day diffrence?
by nite n day..u mean da treo pro is better or worse?? or jus different all together from da 800w?
Old 12-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor

The Treo Pro is pretty much ALL the features of the 800 (gps, wifi, 320x320 screen res, etc) but in a smaller, better designed form factor and LESS problems. It is built by HTC so its build quality is supposedly better. The keyboard is a major difference, it has more of a centro type keyboard, but it is bigger then the centro and has a better tactile feedback.

The rumor is January 11th right now for sprints release.... SO JUST HOLD ON!!! And maybe TEP will replace your battered 800w for the treo pro.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:06 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

The only thing i dont like is the stylus, the one i had on my treo 700w was solid.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

JCSands is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 View Post
The only thing i dont like is the stylus, the one i had on my treo 700w was solid.
I immediately went HERE and ordered a replacement stylus. I recommend getting the one without the pen because A) the pen isn't that great and B) after a while, the cap will not stay on enough to allow you to pull the stylus out. This happened to me a week ago and I needed needle nose pliers to get my stylus out of the phone. I subsequently crazy glued the cap back on and it's fine now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w