PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 07:14 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Titan built-in GPS Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvu View Post
Anyone successfully setup Tomtom 6 to sprint mogul?
I am able to get tomtom 6 to run and working properly on my phone, but there is no sound. I already unmuted as it starts out as muted.
Works fine for me. You've probably got a bad copy of TT6. If you buy a copy it works, anyway.

You sure you have a voice selected (and installed?)
Old 08-19-2008, 12:50 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
I can't say it will work outside of the US or Canada since I'm not going to be leaving the US or Canada in the foreseeable future, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

How could the GPS work in flight mode (which should mean the CDMA radio is off so it can't tell if I am in a CDMA area or not), but only if I'm in an area with CDMA coverage? Since GPS is sat dependent and the phone can do that with all radios off it should work anywhere I can pick up a sat...

Unless I understand the technology or flight mode wrong?
Flight mode stops your radio from transmitting. Since GPS signals are passive (you only receive signals), there is no need to shut it down. The signals from the satellite are still getting beemed down. I used my Titan on a flight the other day with iGo8. It was interesting to see the ground on the screen flying by at over 508MPH. Was watching the altitude as well (With HTC Gps Tool). Kinda fun
Old 08-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Flight mode stops your radio from transmitting. Since GPS signals are passive (you only receive signals), there is no need to shut it down. The signals from the satellite are still getting beemed down. I used my Titan on a flight the other day with iGo8. It was interesting to see the ground on the screen flying by at over 508MPH. Was watching the altitude as well (With HTC Gps Tool). Kinda fun
I've tried GPS on several flights in the last couple months and have never been able to find an satellites while in the air. Are you doing anything special, such as getting a lock before takeoff and keeping it running all the time?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

wheelsun is a n00b

ugh..having issues with Sprint Nav on my Titan now.. it just sticks at getting fastest route, gets to a 100%, and instead of starting to tell me directions the 100% bar just stays there and nothing goes on. its been doing this for about two weeks now, ive tried resetting the phone, messing with the GPS settings etc. does anyone have a fix for this?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

The most locks I have gotten so far was 8 on my xv6800

Old 08-25-2008, 10:29 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

I have all the settings correct, however, the GPS won't connect. It says "Your handset doesn't seem to be compatible with My Location..." I've tried clicking on "use GPS" first, but I just get the error message (saying GPS not enabled). What is the problem?

EDIT: Just as I am typing this, it started working. I guess you need to wait a LONG time initially, and I also tried disabling then enabling the Location On in the settings menu. I'm not sure what the problem was.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:54 PM
wookiemail

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

weedahoe,

Which app is giving the satellite count on the home page?

BH
Old 08-28-2008, 05:57 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiemail View Post
weedahoe,

Which app is giving the satellite count on the home page?

BH
Bafs GPS.......
Old 08-28-2008, 09:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Flyers would be correct
Old 08-28-2008, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid "Incredible"
Carrier: Verizon

GoldenTiger is just getting started

I flashed a custom no2chem ROM that I cooked in the kitchen for my Verizon XV6800 Titan, but nothing's able to find the GPS it seems like, even with the OP's settings applied. I tried fiddling with the little applet that is included (HTC GPS Tool or something) but it just puts a ton of random text communication inside the box and doesn't ever find anything or do anything. Any ideas where to troubleshoot from here? I have radio 3.42.30.

ROM is 3.49.no2.5066, and for some reason my PRI version is 1.35_002 which I read is an issue, even though I didn't touch the official verizon ROM that was just released and supposedly has issues .

Last edited by GoldenTiger; 08-28-2008 at 09:56 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan