PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia / HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

almost.infamous is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Get Wifi Tethering working on the Verizon Omnia I910

anyone try that new htc .cab thats out? its supposed to replace wmwifirouter.. i installed it last night and it didnt work out of the box on my omnia but i really hadnt had time to try it... how bout some of yall give it a try and see what you come up with
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC Wi-Fi Sharing.cab (169.9 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC OZone
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

house001999 is a n00b

What is a good software to backup your HTC before I start meteling with the phone?I want to backup original setting , data etc to my computer. Want to be able to restore data to HTC in case i make a mistake
Old 07-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work

I tried the HTC app today, didn't seem to do anything. I didn't have WiFi on, however. I think you need to have it on in ad-hoc mode, but even then, this may only work on HTC devices, though surely it could be made to run on more phones.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

krazeekirk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost.infamous View Post
anyone try that new htc .cab thats out? its supposed to replace wmwifirouter.. i installed it last night and it didnt work out of the box on my omnia but i really hadnt had time to try it... how bout some of yall give it a try and see what you come up with

het tried this cab installed fine operates fine when starting up but says connected and waiting for connection but the computer doesnt pick up the signal...strange
Old 07-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia
Carrier: VZW

broadwayblues is a n00b

This is a huge help to me! Thanks for solving a mystery, I guess that I am going to have to pay for the WMWIFI software now that it works so well.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung Omnia i910

stung1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNewbie View Post
I installed both applications (ICS and WM...) and was able to use laptop to access internet. But then i noticed that i could no longer use my Omnia broadband access. After no luck for hrs, I did a hard reset and reinstalled my backup files. But still no broadband access; even after *228 to reprogram phone. i checked with Iris and IE and no access with either.

I get an EV at top of Today menu, and I can use my phone. I checked Connection settings and noticed that for "My ISP" /Manage connections, I see broadband access with correct #777 number, and correct username. There is nothing in Domain field (is this correct?). For the password field, I see about 15 asteriks (*) when it should be "VZW". I change to VZW and "Finish". but i go back in to verify settings and it looks like VZW was not saved. For Advanced settings, I have "Use server assigned IP address" checked.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong to get my broadband back?
I had the exact same problem (and still do whenever I use WMWiFi Router) - the fix is relatively simple. Go to Settings --> WiFi --> Network Adapters --> SyChip Jaguar WLAN GSPI Card. Then choose the "Use server-assigned IP address" and ok. This should allow you to once again get to the internet. Whenever you use WMWiFi, it switches to the "Use specific IP address" - sometimes it switches it back and sometimes it doesn't so you have to do it manually to get your internet connection back using a browser. Hope this helps!
Old 08-13-2009, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: VZDUB

pasquale073 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to pasquale073

Another setting you want to check is Start>Settings>Connections>Wifi. Toggle networks to access to computer to computer and make sure under network adapters your card is not connecting to internet. Sometimes the built in wifi will not let ics kick in if it is finding another network.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

vrzsuxppcrocks is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I have seen this requested in the past, so I thought I would pass it along:

How to: Get Wifi Tethering working on the Verizon Omnia I910

**** If you have installed any other ICS files before you will need to do a hard reset. ****

Use the files I have attached.

1. Download/Install the attached "ICSInstall.CAB" file.
(You may not need to do 2 - 6 but this is how I got it to work.)
2. Restart your phone.
3. Test the install by Connecting the USB cable to your computer.
4. Then run "IntShrUI" from the Programs Menu and select "Connect".
5. If done correctly the program should display "Connected".
6. Now select "Disconnect" and disconnect the USB cable.
7. Download/Install the attached "WMWifiRouter91.CAB" file.
8. Restart your phone.
9. Turn on Wifi.
10. Run WMWifiRouter from the Programs Menu.
11. Select "Connect"
12. If done correctly the program should display "Connected to WMWifiRouter Ready".
13. From your computer search for the "WMWifiRouter" wireless connection.
14. Now have fun surfing the web from anywhere.

*You may need to restart your phone and repeat steps 10 - 14 a few times to get it to work.

Found here: http://www.modaco.com/content-page/2...0/#entry943144
Thank you, it works, I do not have to pay verizon $45 more for this package I love it. Now I just need to get the wifi runing. I want my ps3 to tether with my phone wifi...I dont know what Im doing wrong or what I'm missung. on Icsintall I have us and broadband. When I go to wifirouter I hit connect but it say wifi on and connected and waiting for ICS!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

mdecillis is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mdecillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrzsuxppcrocks View Post
Thank you, it works, I do not have to pay verizon $45 more for this package I love it. Now I just need to get the wifi runing. I want my ps3 to tether with my phone wifi...I dont know what Im doing wrong or what I'm missung. on Icsintall I have us and broadband. When I go to wifirouter I hit connect but it say wifi on and connected and waiting for ICS!
I get the same problem when my WiFi option is gone. Check to make sure your WiFi option is still there. Goto Start > Settings > Connection tab > Wireless Manager and make sure Wifi is still there. I know almost everytime I use the WMWifiRouter it removes my WiFi from my phone and I have to hard reset it to get it back.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdecillis View Post
I get the same problem when my WiFi option is gone. Check to make sure your WiFi option is still there. Goto Start > Settings > Connection tab > Wireless Manager and make sure Wifi is still there. I know almost everytime I use the WMWifiRouter it removes my WiFi from my phone and I have to hard reset it to get it back.
A hard reset is not necessary when WiFi disappears upon using WMWifiRouter.

Every time after you're done using WMWifiRouter, close the program then go back into it and select 'Menu' than 'Crash Cleanup'. Once that's done, just soft reset the phone. WiFi will be restored saving you a hard reset
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia