PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 10:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

theroyalwe is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - CL14

I don't even know... various hello kitty stuff and soundboards from movies and stuff... She's coming from a blackberry curve so she is enjoying having so many apps and stuff at her fingertips. I guess it just takes longer for her to get used to a new phone cause she's not as much of a phone wh*re as I am.

Last edited by theroyalwe; 01-19-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

TAPOUT27 is a n00b

None of the Sprint stores in TN i've called have the maintenance release...all are certified repair centers and at least 90% of them still haven't even heard about it.....this is special
Old 01-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I spoke with someone at Sprint (who I trust for information) and they said last night that Sprint is staggering the update OTA over the next week. I am going to give them until the end of the week and if I don't get it OTA by then, I am going to go to my local Sprint repair center (I already called and confirmed that they have it).

Then I'll probably go kick my inside guy in the crotch, just for being wrong.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Lurker

TAPOUT27 is a n00b

THAT'S GOOD TO HEAR....They need to get it together.....
Old 01-19-2010, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

SAShady is keeping up the good workSAShady is keeping up the good work

I went to the repair center, was informed the update would erase all data, then within in 5 minutes i was walking out updated. The battery life is amazing now. I've been on 2 days without charging with moderate use.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAShady View Post
I went to the repair center, was informed the update would erase all data, then within in 5 minutes i was walking out updated. The battery life is amazing now. I've been on 2 days without charging with moderate use.

I currently get more than 24 hours out of a full charge, so I would expect at least 36 hours, but that is good to hear about your usage and battery life. When I spoke to my local store they said that I would need to drop it off for an hour at minimum, which is why I have decided to wait until the end of the week for the OTA. With my work and personal schedule, an hour is a lot to ask of me right now.

Fortunately I sync to Exchange, so contacts, calendar, email, etc are easy for me to resync with little effort, which is a big reason that I was a flashaholic (ROMS, not people) when I had my WinMo phones.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

SAShady is keeping up the good workSAShady is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I currently get more than 24 hours out of a full charge, so I would expect at least 36 hours, but that is good to hear about your usage and battery life. When I spoke to my local store they said that I would need to drop it off for an hour at minimum, which is why I have decided to wait until the end of the week for the OTA. With my work and personal schedule, an hour is a lot to ask of me right now.

Fortunately I sync to Exchange, so contacts, calendar, email, etc are easy for me to resync with little effort, which is a big reason that I was a flashaholic (ROMS, not people) when I had my WinMo phones.
Yeah the front desk person originally told me and hour, so i was gonna go shopping. BUT, i handed it over, looked at a bluetooth headset, and as i was walking out, they called me over and said it was ready, 5-6 minutes. I was very surprised.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Do we need to flash back to stock if we are on a custom Kernel for this to work? Noobish question I know.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Do we need to flash back to stock if we are on a custom Kernel for this to work? Noobish question I know.
Noobish answer, hell if I know.

Glad to help
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:28 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Haha, THANKS!!! I don't plan on doing it, at least not until it's OTA but whatev. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Rain

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment