PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hoopty32nd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to hoopty32nd Send a message via Skype™ to hoopty32nd
Is the Evo better than the IPhone?

Want to kno the pro's and cons compared to the Iphone before i go buy the Evo
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

authenticsketch is a n00b
Re: Is the Evo better than the IPhone?

The Evo is 10 times better then the Iphone it's the OS that should concern you.....I love the iPhone OS this is y i have a 64gb iPod touch but as far as a cellular network I go with the HTC Evo on Sprint........
Old 06-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hello yes!

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-07-2010, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopty32nd View Post
Want to kno the pro's and cons compared to the Iphone before i go buy the Evo
They are different, yet similar. It's all about personal preference. I would suggest you play with each unit.

You have to consider the provider too, their network, your access to it, the cost of service, etc.

If you are already on AT&T you might as well get an iPhone. Same goes if you are already on Sprint, test out the EVO, you have 30 days to return it if it doesn't meet your expectations.

One thing I can say, is either unit has their own qualities and can be fun to use. Depending on what you're looking to use them for.

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-10-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

There is no answer to this question I don't know why people even ask it. This is something you need to decide for yourself no one can answer it for you. If you ask the question in the EVO forum you already know the response your going to get. GO ask in the IPhone forum and see what response you get. With that said your in the EVO forum so YES its better than the ifony.

Droidrox39
Old 06-07-2010, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work

later today we will know what the new iphone will be offering so hard to say at this point. But the Evo beats the 3GS for sure.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

tj78492 is a n00b

Better is subjective, wait until 1pm today and determine which is best for you
Old 06-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

It is better in every conceivable way, go mess with both you will pay less for service and love your phone way more with the evo win/win
Old 06-07-2010, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

evo is amazing but others say iphone is amazing.. personal preference i guess... if you want a huge variety of cases then go with the iphone, if you want a kick ass phone then get the evo.. again my opinion

Old 06-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo

mrpigg is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to mrpigg Send a message via Skype™ to mrpigg
Exclamation Re: Is the Evo better than the IPhone?

no matter what phone you get, people will compare it to the iphone. people are calling the evo "sprints iphone". however they are completely different. like stated earlier, its about the OS. its about what works for you. the only reason the iphone is as big as it is, is because apple was smart enough to limit there os to being on just their phones while android is an open community. however,the evo phone has more features physically but you will have to find an os that suits you.

on another note. the iphone hd (known as iphone 4g) will release between july 8-11 and will have many of the specs of the evo. so you shouldnt just buy the evo for physical reasons. but me being a person that has owned both iphone 3gs and evo. im sold on the evo. i love android. i love this phone. the iphone became a bore over time!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison