PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 01:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jumping ship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
I played with a Pre a few weeks ago and really liked it. While I dont think its for me, I did enjoy playing with it untill I had to use that terrible Keyboard!
Has anyone released a SIP keyboard for it yet. I think that would make it a much more user friendly device
Ya, after having a TP, the keyboard on the Pre sucks. I'd love to tell you that you get used to it but I still haven't lol.

Yes there is now a virtual keyboard but it is more of a hack and although it is usable, it's not up to par with what you would find on even the original Touch. It is getting there though.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:51 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Ya, after having a TP, the keyboard on the Pre sucks. I'd love to tell you that you get used to it but I still haven't lol.

Yes there is now a virtual keyboard but it is more of a hack and although it is usable, it's not up to par with what you would find on even the original Touch. It is getting there though.
I had the TP for a year and the mogul before that and I can type just fine on my pre. I like that when my sausage finger hits another button it doesnt actually type that button, almost as if it knew I wanted to hit H and not K

I likes it.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20

Quote:

I guess it's a matter of preference. I've had the entire progression from Apache to Mogul to Raphael, and I like the Pre keyboard better than all of them. I think the Raphael keyboard was ALMOST there, but I find myself using the Pre keyboard much more than I did with the Touch Pro. It seems that Palm put more thought in how i would actually type with it than HTC did, and even though it is smaller, that seems to make much more of a difference.

nb
Old 10-09-2009, 09:52 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I use my pre keyboard more than the one on the TP too. The squished keys are getting to be not so bad. But at least the keyboard works. 6 TPs in 5 months had defective keyboards. Talk about a downer.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 10-09-2009, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
I use my pre keyboard more than the one on the TP too. The squished keys are getting to be not so bad. But at least the keyboard works. 6 TPs in 5 months had defective keyboards. Talk about a downer.
+1 on that. It was 4 TP's in 3 months for me, but only two had keyboard problems. One just got stuck in landscape and the last seemed to be working ok when I jumped on the Pre bandwagon.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have yet to have any hardware issues with the TP. As for the keyboard on the Pre, I only wish it was so easy for me. I have skinny fingers but I still have a tendancy to hit the wrong key and unfortunatly, my Pre doesn't know what I ment to type lol.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I have yet to have any hardware issues with the TP. As for the keyboard on the Pre, I only wish it was so easy for me. I have skinny fingers but I still have a tendancy to hit the wrong key and unfortunatly, my Pre doesn't know what I ment to type lol.
Good on your TP for being a good one. Keep it close and safe.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

we own in hour houseold a hero a tp2 and a pre. So here goes with my opinion:

Tp2
nice screen decent battery life love windows mobile but can get a tad slow if you got like 10+ processes running

Pre
web os is awesome smaller screen then the tp2 though and keyboard sucks.

hero
GORGEOUS display just wish it was as big as the tp2. Android os is awesome. Lighter then initially thought as well as smaller.

Ill keep my tp2 for now. I just hope the touch pro 3 next year is running a 1ghz processor that will solve all the speed issues.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

nilsm is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFMISM View Post
The pre is a wonderful device. It does multitasking like no other. unfortunately for me it did not fit my needs. it fell short on quite a few issues, but i am not here to bash this device. i will prolly get the 2nd version of it, but now i have to go back to wm for work purposes.
To those that have to pre and love it i can definetly understand why, but as a work device it falls short for now. but still a great device none the less
I own both and agree with you here.

I'm really interested to hear from you which cons turned you away from the pre. Info like this really helps people.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilsm View Post
I own both and agree with you here.

I'm really interested to hear from you which cons turned you away from the pre. Info like this really helps people.
The lack of PDF file editing, and video were 2 main ones. I knew the phone did not have video before I bought it, but I was banking on it having it on the next update. It also did not sync with my work email ( did not know that before I purchased it). The keyboard definitely took some getting used too, but once I installed the onscreen keyboard it ran smoothley. I honestly loved the phone and saw the potential, but it just fell short on a work level. If I did not have to have cetain things for work then I would have kept it just to wath it develop. Oh I almost forgot the signal on the phone was sub par. Where my wife gets signal on her treo pro I was still searching for service. The phone is a great concept, but just did not fit my needs
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre