PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices



Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Tibman's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 212
Reputation: 60
Tibman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Have tp offered palm pre, I have questions please help

Hello,
I have a touch pro and I hate it because it is unreliable.

Please tell me if the palm pre has any of these functions and how well they work:
-phone as a modem
-gmail/hotmail support
-unlimited calendar entries
-able to download any applications from the internet directly to an sd card
-able to use skyfire or opera
-can stream online videos like megavideo.com or play an avi's
-has something similar to winmo excell (i use it to record financial transactions)
-camera actually works


sorry its a long list but i really want to know these things,
thank you ahead of time! and also will give thanks for answers.
__________________
My Touch Pro Haiku:


"Yesterday it worked, Today it does not, a Hard Reset is in your Future"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4C6a3bmFs&NR=1 <----- worth the 2.23 min
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2009, 08:38 PM
horndoctor's Avatar
Suuuper Geeenius
Offline
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint
Location: St. Louis, MO.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,764
Reputation: 8384
horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Have tp offered palm pre, I have questions please help

The Vogue will do all that!
lol Sorry just my 2 cents.
__________________
Trombone players do it in 7 positions!
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2009, 10:18 PM
lonjam's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Orlando, Fl
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 30
Reputation: 10
lonjam is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Have tp offered palm pre, I have questions please help

#1. Yes
#2. Yes
#3. Yes
#4. No... does not have an sd card slot!
#5. No... has its own web browser, similar to iphones ( in my eyes)
#6. IDK... havent tried yet just got the phone last week
#7. Have not had to use it, or anything like it.
#8. Yes, takes aight pics! its a phone not a 10mp digital camera

I left my touch pro in the dust... the only thing i miss is..... waking up in the morning and doing a hard reset. this thing just works, i got the phone last tues. and have not reset it yet and mine was a refurbished joint!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Tibman's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 212
Reputation: 60
Tibman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Have tp offered palm pre, I have questions please help

oh yea, everybody loves their phone to freeze up in the middle of a conversation. Hard resetting is the best, how you get to loose all of your contacts so every call is a surprise and miss all your important appointments because who wants to go to them anyway!
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2009, 01:15 AM
MikeMcG's Avatar
MikeMcG
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Have tp offered palm pre, I have questions please help

I got rid of my TP and got the Pre last week. I'm loving this phone, except for the lack of an SD card slot.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Biggnaa20's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 138
Reputation: 85
Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20
Re: Have tp offered palm pre, I have questions please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibman View Post
Hello,
I have a touch pro and I hate it because it is unreliable.

Please tell me if the palm pre has any of these functions and how well they work:
-phone as a modem
-gmail/hotmail support
-unlimited calendar entries
-able to download any applications from the internet directly to an sd card
-able to use skyfire or opera
-can stream online videos like megavideo.com or play an avi's
-has something similar to winmo excell (i use it to record financial transactions)
-camera actually works


sorry its a long list but i really want to know these things,
thank you ahead of time! and also will give thanks for answers.
You can use the phone as a modem, but will have to get a homebrew program for it:

Gmail and hotmail support is fine. I have had no issues with 3 gmail, one hotmail and an exchange account...

Never had an issue with the calendar entry, but be warned the calendar is a little slower than the Touch Pro. I like the layout of the pre alot better though. Also after the last update (1.3.5) the calendar is a lot snappier.

No SD card, BUT you can download over the air through the catalog or through Preware.

You can't use skyfire or opera as these browsers have not been developed for the pre yet. Palm is open to having more than one browser in the future so the potential is there (but i wouldn't hold my breath...)

it plays formats that the iPhone can play it streams MP4s and youtube video. If the iPhone can play it, then so can the Pre. That said there are a LOT of streaming video out there for the iPhone.

Documents to go has been promised and will allow you to edit Excel...but it aint here yet.

This thing has the best camera on a phone I have used yet. I only took like 10 pics with the touch pro since it was slow and...well slow. The pre is snappy in daylight and ok in low light. but I think you'll be happy with the camera.

hope that helps. Overall I like the phone. I tried to use the TP for a day...and I couldn't go back to it.

nb
__________________
Dumbphones>Treo 650>Apache>Mogul>Raphael>Palm Pre>Samsung Epic 4g
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2009, 12:03 AM
Tibman's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 212
Reputation: 60
Tibman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Have tp offered palm pre, I have questions please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 View Post
You can use the phone as a modem, but will have to get a homebrew program for it:

Gmail and hotmail support is fine. I have had no issues with 3 gmail, one hotmail and an exchange account...

Never had an issue with the calendar entry, but be warned the calendar is a little slower than the Touch Pro. I like the layout of the pre alot better though. Also after the last update (1.3.5) the calendar is a lot snappier.

No SD card, BUT you can download over the air through the catalog or through Preware.

You can't use skyfire or opera as these browsers have not been developed for the pre yet. Palm is open to having more than one browser in the future so the potential is there (but i wouldn't hold my breath...)

it plays formats that the iPhone can play it streams MP4s and youtube video. If the iPhone can play it, then so can the Pre. That said there are a LOT of streaming video out there for the iPhone.

Documents to go has been promised and will allow you to edit Excel...but it aint here yet.

This thing has the best camera on a phone I have used yet. I only took like 10 pics with the touch pro since it was slow and...well slow. The pre is snappy in daylight and ok in low light. but I think you'll be happy with the camera.

hope that helps. Overall I like the phone. I tried to use the TP for a day...and I couldn't go back to it.

nb
I wish I could thank you more than once. This really will help me make my decision!
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Tibman's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 212
Reputation: 60
Tibman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Have tp offered palm pre, I have questions please help

Alright, has anyone in here owned the Palm pre for more than or close to 6 months and still enjoy using it?

Also I noticed there is not a lot of activity in this forum, compared to the touch pro forum. I think this is either due to less people having the Pre or these forums are generally formed by a community of people attempting to fix the problems that the manufacturer blessed them with, and the pre generally doesn't have as many as others.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2010, 02:33 PM
JuMpMaN6235's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 71
Reputation: 120
JuMpMaN6235 is keeping up the good workJuMpMaN6235 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Have tp offered palm pre, I have questions please help

This is not a dedicated pre forum/site...
Go to precentral.net ... You will find more information than you know what to do with
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Carla's Avatar
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,319
Reputation: 7590
Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Have tp offered palm pre, I have questions please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibman View Post
Alright, has anyone in here owned the Palm pre for more than or close to 6 months and still enjoy using it?

Also I noticed there is not a lot of activity in this forum, compared to the touch pro forum. I think this is either due to less people having the Pre or these forums are generally formed by a community of people attempting to fix the problems that the manufacturer blessed them with, and the pre generally doesn't have as many as others.
Jumpman is right, the community for the Pre here is much smaller then the WM section of the site. I had the Pre for about a month, maybe month and a half and I left it for the Moment. My husband is currently using the Pre I had, he likes it although all he does is make calls and send/get texts from me and the occasional web browsing.
__________________
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum
I LOVE MY COP
Closed Thread

  PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Tags
palm pre, questions, switching, touch pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com